1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action! Unlimited

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

skybridges are good for: a) bomb jumping b) archer fags c) easy access to hostile lands that your opponents can't easily destroy.

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Well, I can agree that skybridges have become extremely popular on the server. I'm not a big fan of skybridges, because archer spam-camping goes hand-in-hand with them, as does catapult spam. I think the archer nerf also makes skybridges particularly effective, because it gives a huge advantage to archer height. (You can't even hit an archer 20 blocks above you.) Pretty much the only thing I like about them at all is that they encourages bomb-jumping.

WarrFork likes this.
  3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I hate skybridges and the likefor the simple reason that whoever builds the highest one wins, no matter what. Then other plebs catch on that skybridges win, so they start building them right off the bat, and every round becomes a scramble to see who can cover the most vertical space.

PumpkingSlice and Alpaca like this.
  4. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I'd like to see a vertical support limit, same as for horizontal support, although it couldn't be based on number blocks placed, it'd have to be a y-coordinate height limit (lower than the map height ofc). Oh well, another project for scripting!

5. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

what language is kag scripted in?

6. AngelScript

7. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

All heil Archers ;). shhhhh I <3 Archers
    Skybridges = landing pad for enemy knights. Logical thinking is now done! Now to something less logical....

8. Oximus

Oximus Arsonist

Not really

9. thebonesauce

Skybridges, if built correctly and built well, are nearly unstoppable. You can't really catapult it unless you build HIGHER, and spacebridging is illegal, so...

10. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester

11. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

It's sad super admins actually really use the editor to make towers and stuff.

PumpkingSlice and Maverick like this.
  12. Arcrave

Its sad when two super admins CLEARLY state MULTIPLE times that this match would be a SUPER-ADMIN war both in that and during the previous match. Yet, people who DO NOT pay attention to chat are all like "WTF!" and "ADMIN ABAYS". Its silly really.

Noburu, PumpkingSlice and jerloch like this.
  13. WarrFork

Well, no.
    I was there before you join. When you joined, you used the editor to make towers. You said 'admin war' when I asked why you was using it. Also, a super-admin war with 2 of them? Fuck these 30 others players? Anyways, it's your server, do whatever you want I guess.

14. Arcrave

CLEARLY you did not pay attention to the chat as i joined the PREVIOUS MAP... and was speaking to Jerloch about the war...and that happened when there was still 30mins left in the match... i even sent server messages about it multiple times... when the next round came it was declared an admin war... Jerloch rejoined the other team and we begun. AGAIN, stop bitching about things on the server if you're not even going to pay attention to the chat window to see what exactly is going on. The Pubs are more aware of what was going on with the war then you, which is sad.

EDIT: THIS IS NOT MY SERVER, STOP THESE LIES.

I wasn't made aware of this (*Looks and points at all the other admins), its honestly greatly appreciated.

15. WarrFork

It still stupid to do a super-admin war when only you and Jerloch do that. That's really not fun for others players, only for you and him. Also the chat will never be a place to say something clearly. Not everyone read it and they have nothing to be blamed since they could not know they need to watch it if some super-admin start a super-admin war.

''The Pubs are more aware of what was going on with the war then you, which is sad.''
    I remember when everyone was complaining about admins using editor in KARP server and excuses from them? ''I said it CLEARLY in the chat I will use the editor to do a (game)'' You can see it not worked at all, they got a shitload of complains. That's my point. I don't think I need to watch the chat to see if some troll want to do a super-admin war too. It's not the right place for.

''EDIT: THIS IS NOT MY SERVER, STOP THESE LIES.''
    What i'm sure about it is Rayne saying you was the new owner in the old Action thread, anyways, if you are or not, you still can do what you want so who cares if it's wrong or not, that wasn't my point.

16. thebonesauce

I don't know. Its one thing if the server is sparsely populated, its another to fuck around when there are people around. Ryu and Sirpixelot (I think that's who it was) did this type of shit on Beo's CTF/WAR, spawning kegs/z-knights/gregs/etc. It used to ruin almost every game we tried to play. You guys gotta remember that some people jump on to play the game, not to sit back and watch two admins have a pissing contest. Its just as bad as pubs on RTDM bombjumping to inaccessible parts of the map, drawing out every game and camping. Its not fair to the people that want to play and don't have much free time, ya feel me?

Rayne, Noburu, Bammboo and 1 other person like this.
  17. Arcrave

Not fun for other players? or not fun for you? its basic knowledge to pay attention to the chat in any game, and since you clearly do not pay attention to the window you are a casual. The Only people complaining about the war were people who didn't pay attention to the chat and people who just joined the server and started screaming "BADMAIN ABOOSE!". Even still, most of the people screaming were clearly being sarcastic. It wasn't a pissing contest it was just a quick round that was ACTUALLY a lot of fun, if you (Warr) weren't so busy dealing with your pained-butt-anally-hurt-flustered-pounding syndrome then you could have enjoyed the war which lasted no more than 5-10mins.

Clearly you have this server mistaken, i believe this is the Action Unlimited server. Which is usually full of players who have been playing the game alot longer then alot of the people on the old KARPS server. People who should know they should at least glance at the chat window every so often. and not just check it when they are bitching because they didn't read it in the first place. But that makes me a troll. Still better than being a ever-complaining casual.

Obviously, the moral of the story is: Pay attention to the chat window, if super admins decide to have a war and you do not wish to enjoy it with the majority of the server (who aren't here bitching about it) you can simply LEAVE THE SERVER, simple as that. *shrug

I'm not sure about this post but clearly its a lie, we all know to never believe anything Gayne says.

P.S.

[​IMG]

PumpkingSlice and Radpipe like this.
  18. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

lmao arcave is dum

PumpkingSlice, Razi and rocker2 like this.
  19. thebonesauce

Guise, chill. The fuck out. I wasn't even there. I was just recounting my experiences with other admins who pulled the "Zomg editor battul lel" and how its kind of annoying to some people. If you wanna do editor battles, fine. But it really shouldn't be on a server populated with people. Pubs get the wrong idea and it gives the serer a bad rep. Just my opinion.

20. WarrFork

What an easy way to excuse yourself. Alot don't like that and you can't know if they was sarcastic. Of course, some was but alot don't like to play when some admins use the editor. Also your argument about KARPS is the worst i've ever seen. Some guys of Action was actually complaining alot about KARPS admins and they aren't new. Anyways, it's not related at all, new or not, complains of players still the same.

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.