1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action! Unlimited

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

We talking about Terraria clones now?

2. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

AL3X_j_M likes this.
  3. Oximus

Oximus Arsonist

Ripoffs happen when you are intentionally copying a game to take part of that game player base, Kag is doing this.
    The simple fact is that kag is taking a lot of elements from other games to be more like those games and get a similar playerbase.

Hopefully it can be "scriptable" to an enjoyable degree.

4. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

How so, by making the art style and combat system completely different, and not adding mana/guns? Terraria did not have a farming system, rather just get some seeds for a certain plant, grow it in a pot, harvest it, and make a potion.
    Kag does not have a potion system, any decorations, any kind of rpg elements, and crafting.
    I believe you guys want to make it so that any one who makes a Certain kind of game that becomes popular is allowed to make a copyright of that genre and deny anyone else of making any more games of that genre. GJ GG.

5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

First order of business: Make a texture pack so you can grow weed hemp in honor of Rayne.

EDIT: I mean HEMP, you know, for clothes and rope... for smoking.

PumpkingSlice, Radpipe and Beef like this.
  6. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Sure, sure, I understand.......

7. Oximus

Oximus Arsonist

No, some decisions in kag development were chosen specifically to be similar to more minecrafty games to attract that audience, while the things that made kag unique are being left as a secondary element. OR SO I HEARD. Personally i haven't played 1.0.

8. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

No, how could u devs D:, well I'am not buying the game until I see what happens.

9. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Those features aren't so much being added to attract "minecrafters", but rather to keep them and integrate them into the community game. You might consider it the same, but I think players are going to come to KAG either way. What devs add now is going to determine whether they stick around. And KAG is still going to be unique. Trust me. ;)

Afterthought: (I haven't really considered how the minecrafters will affect publicizing...Will they actually spread the word to bring in more minecrafters?)

WarrFork likes this.
  10. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

I don't want anyone who considers himself a "Minecrafter" to come into the community, they better be mature.
    Because you know 70% of Minecraft Community is made up of kids/teens.

11. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Guess what. At least 70% of people who already play KAG are kids/teens.
    And what's wrong with teens? :>:(:

Alpaca likes this.
  12. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

They are minecrafters.

13. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

hey rayne :/

True you're a good friend of +hatsumei (fake link6155)?

lolol, this guy claimed im banned from action :D

14. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

... I'm a teen... But I don't want to encourage the minecrafters, if it's ok for them to farm, soon they'll start thinking it's ok to build structures that get in the way instead of helping cause they're "pretty"

arcanecat likes this.
  15. WarrFork

But, you are banned.

No, everyone dislike Hatsumei for being an asshat on IRC the last time he showed up there.

16. link6155

just wondering why he isn't perma banned for hacking :huh?:

17. WarrFork

Because he didn't hacked.
    He just used a silly trick to looks like you. Changing some letters with a 1.

18. link6155

no, read this:
    full log here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101268589/chat-12-10-06-19-38-16.txt

this was from October last year. His named showed up as my name, but in the Admin menu, it shows up as "link6155(+Hatsumei)" according to the KAG team.

seems silly to keep following this guy, but sirsalami clearly states

19. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Well Alpeccy sais fuck off.... CUTSE YOU AUTOCORRECT.z.
    ... seriously, Daria? ... It strikes again...

P.S. if you wanna support minecrafters, make more RP servers... dammit autocorrect I hate you

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.