1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Admin abusing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SUKIDESUYO, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUKIDESUYO

SUKIDESUYO Shopkeep Stealer

[​IMG]
    This is all i had cause f4 screen shot wouldn't work for me he banned me [TR] Sukidesuyo and BlueLuigi. admin abused and griefed. How he griefed? He destroyed doors that could've let in blue team and didn't tell us what he was doing, after he destroyed it he said i'm using it for a catapult. I'm saying thats grief because there's wood down there but he was too lazy to get it.

2. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

You are not telling the whole story. In fact, he accused you first of griefing. Apparently you thrown us (I was blue) a catapult your team was using. And for what concerns his griefing, he justified his reason for destroying the doors.
    Explain everything in detail, not just one part.

3. SUKIDESUYO

Alright i'll tell you the whole story since he didn't tell us why he broke the doors, After he was done i was like "WTF what are you doing!?" And he says "Building a catapult". So i went down grabbed some wood replaced the doors he removed. I went up and threw the catapult down. So after i threw it down he blames it on me that we're losing because you guys are using the catapult to besiege us now, But at the end of the round we won. I was frozen the whole time you guys were besieging us. Next round starts he thinks he's being accused when it's all true. Then he actually admin abuses banning me and luigi. And that is the story i would've gotten more screen shots sorry.

4. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

I'm glad to see you posting over this matter as we "agreed" to.

My version of the history:
    The opposing team was really close to our flag. We were loosing ground and it was mainly because they had catapult sieging our asses. I needed wood to build a catapult and counter theirs. There were not enough trees BUT there were lots of doors at our base. Stacks of 6 doors placed next to each other (as the screenshots will show). I destroy 3 or 4 of them and build the catapult. Seconds later, Sukidesuyo comes, grabs it and throws it to the other team.
    As I don't think it accounted for griefing, I freeze him to give him some time out. He immediately says something on the lines of "admin power abuse". I mention him the catapult event and he says "he did it because I griefed the base".
    Now this shouldn't have transcended from this if it wasn't for this other player "BlueLuigi". He jumped in and accused me of making blocks appear to benefit my team on repeated occasions.
    As accusations were getting wild I tell them to bring this to the forums and, after informing them, I kickban them (10minutes) to piss them off enough to do so.

Please do post all your evidence. Screenshots, Logs and witnesses. Also note this does not concern just the Mazer Realm server. As I told you in-game, I'm a KAG Guard with global admin powers.

5. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

Yes, I tried to take a screenshot but F4 didn't work for me either when the chat log was opened. Anyway, I can't take sides in this matter because I didn't witness the event, I just read the chat. However, I read the thread Luigi started and found this:
    2)Unless another person with the ability was on, Strathos was when a stone block suddenly appeared in a 1v1 yesterday and changed the outcome
    Was it the time the last knight was helplessly wall-jumping in a gap in bedrock, trapped with one heart left above a spike pit, and a stone block suddenly appeared below him? I saw it too, and it was completely impossible. Either hack or admin powers were there and effectively changed the outcome. However, I don't remember which admins were online at that moment if any.

6. SUKIDESUYO

Alright strathos you still admin abused :D.

7. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

Sigh. I now realize I'm probably arguing with a couple of kids.
    The point I wanted to make is: please don't be that quick to accuse someone of griefing/hacking/"admin power abusing". Pointing the finger is easy, but it just makes things more difficult to those who care about keeping things running. Thank you.

8. SUKIDESUYO

Keep on admin abusing :).

9. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Oh dear, someone kicked you off a private server? Better go post about it in an attempt to garner sympathy!!!

10. SUKIDESUYO

k

11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Threads like this make me want a dislike button.

Sir_Walter, Hella, Klokinator and 8 others like this.
  12. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

[​IMG]

6 doors next to each other IS NOT USEFUL.

You have NO evidence of him abusing his powers. He has explained exactly why he took the doors, and even allowed luigi and you to complain on the forums, so you could actually give a good argument and provide evidence. Why do you think your team won? Strathos probably won it for you.

I thought you knew better luigi, but just in case you didn't know, Strathos is the king of block dropping. If he used map editor to put in a block, it would stay in midair, so I have no idea how you can argue he was using it to block drop you.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  13. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

These accusations are beyond ridiculous. Strathos isn't the kind of dude that would get all power mad-that's a thing Guardship hinges on, I'd think--; what he did was turn part of a useless, redundant structure into something that could have changed the game in his team's favor, which Suki promptly-and willingly-- threw into the clutches of enemy scum. This isn't much hubbub, but it's still far too much for being slapped on the wrist.

14. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sorry but Strath is legit and doesnt grief Ive played with him enough to know that. And from the looks of things he handled things just like he should have .

15. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Consider yourself on a warning Suki. I almost thought this was trolling (and indeed, some of Suki's posts are exactly that).

Strathos is legit and even if I did not already know that, his counter-arguments are a lot more solid than your baseless accusations.

Your entire case boils down to 'we think the map editor was being used and we think that it was Strathos because he might have been the only admin in the game at that time'.
    FYI I have experienced odd de-synch issues that looked remarkably like someone was using the map editor when there were no other admins present.

soullcath likes this.
  16. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

:D I was that knight, and I think this is the case of abuse that Blue was referring to in the other thread - It wasn't Stratos who saved me from the torment of the last enemy builder. Mind you I think I would have gotten out of the situation anyway through digging - the admin just wanted to save dozens of people alot of time.

17. archont

archont Shopkeep Stealer

Strathos is Sedgewick's sockpuppet alt.

True fact.

18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I was indeed responding to the case of abuse where Foxodil was the last knight.
    Whoever did it, it's annoying, if you want a next map just do it.

I also didn't outright say it was him, I said I wonder if it was, then asked him if it was.

As for when and how:
    1)The block happening wasn't a desync issue of sorts, it was definitely an admins or a hacker's doing and after a lot of people commented on it and he was out of harm it was removed

2)The ladder, no one hit it, no one was around to hit it, it got removed, and the sound played as is customary when somethnig is placed.

Again, I did not outright accuse him ingame of griefing/abusing, I asked him if it was him since he was on both times. However, apparently asking and asking him if he knew who it was was enough of a reason to be banned. I'm not appealing a ban or something I could care less, those are not exactly hard to get around, I was trying to find out who's doing it, as it's happened a few times now, and it's very frustrating every time.

If it wasn't Strathos Foxodi, who was it?

In case you haven't read the thread I made, I didn't accuse him of anything until after the fact of him banning him based on how he acted about when I asked about it.

What people are reacting like I said:
    Me: Strathos you abuser/griefer
    Strathos: Oh you can't call me a griefer

What I said:
    -While they're talking about the doors-
    Me: Oh Strathos you can do that? You were there both times, did you do it yesterday? And earlier this match?
    Strathos: Do you have proof?
    Me: You were the only one there both times who I know so far that can do it, was it not you?
    Strathos: Continuing asking for proof
    Me: Well if it was you, can you please stop it makes it annoying, if it wasn't you, sorry for accusing you (even though I did not, I simply questioned if it was, he acted as though I did)
    Strathos: You're not getting off that easily

There is a difference between asking someone who was there if it was him or if he knew who did it, and saying that he did it, one is an accusation, the other is a question. As opposed to Suki who did, yes, accuse him of griefing, but that was a completely separate matter, my thread only mentioned it as it was that matter which brought me to realize he was there both times and could do it, so I asked him about it. Other than that I had nothing to do with that matter at all, and wasn't even on the same team.

TL;DR - I would need evidence if I was ACCUSING him, I was not, I was asking a question, to which he replied defensively as if I had accused him.

19. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Strathos: "Are you implying I had something to do with that?"
    You: "you were here and already have a predisposition for using it willy nilly"

Is more on the accusation side than a simple "I don't know, i'm just pointing it out because something fishy is going on?"

Another thing: How could assume to begin with that Strathos was doing it, because blocks created via map editor do not fall on their own, and you can't make them fall without destroying them, thereby defeating the purpose. If you're saying a hacker did it, then anyone on the server, including Strathos could have done it but there is no extra evidence for him. So you had no case to even imply that it was him.

20. lehoon

lehoon King

He is also the king of corpse humping (post-block drop)

I never have anything to contribute towards serious topics.

JacKD likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.