1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Admin abusing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SUKIDESUYO, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

It's very sad that you have no control over Russian community and do not understand what they say in Russian,which tells your Russian KAG GUARD. Even if he does not have the right to ban in the game database. It is still a threat.What is not worthy of respect. I certainly have no right you specify.But developers need to hire Russian-speaking person that would talk with the Russian community. Otherwise, there will continue to be outrageous.

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

That was the entire point of making Frank a kag guard, but it backfired completely. The problem is we cannot gauge someones trustworthiness if they're speaking russian because we can't talk and get to know them. This will always be a dilemma until we can find someone. For the meantime you'll have to live with the english and french guards.

Shadlington likes this.
  3. Hapistorique

Hapistorique KAG Guard Tester

Well, French guards are not hired by the developpers either, but we are still trusted (right ? :D)

Neat likes this.
  4. Neat

Well the two french guards we have, you and kiro, we have talked to and deemed trustworthy :)

5. EdgeWing

EdgeWing Shopkeep Stealer

^ Yeah that's true i not going to answer what you said though XD

but maybe i agree , maybe i don't , My server don't work for some reason

6. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

What Neat said.
    Frank was pretty much made a guard because he was the only Russian we were aware of that spoke decent English.
    It backfired, clearly.
    Trust is normally the biggest factor in how we choose guards - we made a mistake by relaxing that rule with Frank just so we could have someone to represent the Russian community. We won't be making that mistake again.

Also, the devs haven't hired any of us. We're all just volunteers doing what we can to help out the community, for free.

Duke_of_Sausages likes this.
  7. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

1. On myserver,I find it easier to recruit some admins than to trust KAG GUARDS. And if I do not like it, I can always change the rcon password. Rather than wait a month or more, once they take away rights from a person who has lost my trust.
    2. The fact that you are working for free is a mistake. Because sooner or later there is again some people who will lose trust. And when a man gets money to work, albeit minor, it encourages him working better. Than to work for free. Fact of loss cash income is a good argument to work well.

8. Shadlington

That's fine. It is the server owner's choice as to how they wish to admin their server. In fact, I generally recommend that server owners appoint their own admins in addition to allowing the kag guards - the guards are just backup really.

It is better to allow guards than to deny them however.
    I believe in your case you came to distrust the guards because of Frank, so perhaps you will consider allowing global mods again?

9. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

Maybe later. Indeed, topic dedicated to not only Frank. So KAG GUARDS lost not only my trust.

10. Neat

I honestly doubt mm and geti can even afford to pay us a minor fraction to be honest. I wouldn't ask for it either.

As for the rules on your server, it's your server to do as you please. We're here for servers that don't have their own mods, only a few server owners.

11. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Well since the latest update they've been racking in $500 a day :) But yeah, paying for game moderators for an indie game sounds unnecessary.

12. EdgeWing

EdgeWing Shopkeep Stealer

Agreed and Neat did you see me on the Solar server also i discovered a bug with stone

13. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

I didn't expect any of the guards to abuse their powers. I still trust them since Frank is the only one who did abuse his powers, the other guards have nothing to do with that.

14. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

Rent server + buy premium(game) = use editor = GOOD
    KAG GUARD + EDITOR = EVIL

PinXviiN likes this.
  15. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think i agree with this, i do not think kag guards need to have acces to the editor. Im not a guard myself though so im not sure if i can be sure.

16. Shadlington

Aye, as has already been discussed, we'd like to decouple guards from the map editor, but its all tied up together at the moment, and will be difficult to separate.

When there are things like zombies to work on it sadly falls down the priority list.

17. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Considering that is isnt that big a problem, I see nothing wrong with it being low on the priority list.

18. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Same thing happened to H&H; a prominent russian player was invited to the developer inner circle to represent his community and share their concerns. It ended up backfiring on us.

I don't think very highly of the russian pvp community and I recognize some of the same players here.

19. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

I don't think I've played with a single Russian player and when it comes down to it, I don't need to understand Russian to see that someone is breaking the rules. But.. maybe they're plotting something down in that Russian forum. Oh no.

20. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

some cold war shit

rocker2 and Noburu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.