1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Admin request

Discussion in 'Archive' started by yellowwhy1, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowwhy1

yellowwhy1 Catapult Fodder

Hello I am yellowwhy I am requesting to be an admin while I have never been an admin before I think I could do a great job at being I play the official servers a lot along with kag in general a lot. I have been playing kag for about a year and 2 months so I'm not a noob I really think that I could help the servers a lot with griefing witch I see often. I know I am supposed have experience to do this but I need to start some wear and really hope you consider me thanks!

2. I suggest you use the official format, it's stickied in this section. It would also be good if you got more administrative experience on smaller servers and/or recommendations from your peers.

3. yellowwhy1

Ok thanks for your consideration

4. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

'nuff said.

101i likes this.
  5. yellowwhy1

6. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

-1000, requesting this thread be closed. As sbc said nuff said.

Superblackcat and 101i like this.
  7. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

You said you need to start somewhere, but the official servers are not the place to start. Apply for admin on some smaller servers, maybe some run by your friends, and learn the ropes a bit. Then you can come back and reapply. Also, -1

8. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

-1, did you read the guidlines? maybe if you change the entire format ill consider changing it.

9. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

-1... Two lines is way not enough.

10. yellowwhy1

11. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

I know you have good intentions and want to help the KAG community more, but you need to get some experience first before applying. Maybe try and find other servers in need, and watch how other admins deal with people. You've got the motive (I think so, at the very least), and if you can back that up with experience on adminship you'll be going places.
    Sorry, but -1.

12. yellowwhy1

13. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

First off, as Chukka said, you need to have more experience as admin elsewhere. It's understandable that you need to start somewhere, but official is not the right place to start. Most players will probably join an official server before they try a different server, and it isn't good to have an inexperienced admin during someone's first experience playing the game.

Also, it is quite obvious that you didn't read this first https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/so-you-want-to-be-an-admin.17640/ so I recommend that you read it.

Also, It isn't as important, but the grammar nazi inside of me cringed when I read your post. Please use more punctuation so we don't have to read 3 run-on sentences. You also used a few wrong homophones in your application. Also, use the formatting that is recommended in the link above. It's easier for us to read and instantly tell you why or why not you should be admin.

For now, -1

101i likes this.
  14. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Well, first, try being helpful to the community and give it a good opinion of yourself. Then, try applying for admin rights on few others servers (Beo's, and stuff).
    After this, you might have a luck as admin on official servers.

Hope it'll help you.

Maybe lock it?

15. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Read the sticky. Locked

101i likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.