1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Alpha Revival

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IrishSmalls, Oct 24, 2013.

1. IrishSmalls

IrishSmalls Bison Rider

Anybody have ideas to get some old alpha players back?

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Convince them that beta isn't better which is going to be a hard time.

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah beta is just clearly a better game. A number of us really old players have been talking about going back to play some old old builds (like the ever popular B190) but that would only be at specific times with IRC folk.

4. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

Alpha was a great game but as Contrary stated "Beta is just an overall better game". Believe me, us old players have had many memories and made alot of friends and enemies during the alpha, many cw's and gather matches were had during those times..(lol) As much as I hate to say it, we gotta move on. Think of Alpha as a bad break up..On to the next one.

Joiken and CrystalClear like this.
  5. I still quite don't understand beta, but if I actually tried to learn to play KAB it might be enjoyable

IrishSmalls likes this.
  6. IrishSmalls

IrishSmalls Bison Rider

Maybe we could just do some occasional Gather Events
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 24, 2013 ---
    Set it up on Irc?

7. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Trust me, it is enjoyable. It's (on average) only a few hours learning curve at the most too.

8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

If you check kag.ques.to from time to time you'll see that usually Alhpa has more players than Beta.

9. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

this is because alpha has mostly non premium players now and beta is a premium only game so it makes sense why that would be the case. but to anyone that comes here just know that beta IS a better game. it offers so much more that classic did not and is much more polished in my opinion.

10. QniDopi

QniDopi Catapult Fodder

Omg guys... :) Alpha is 20 time better then Beta. I'm glad i bought the premium version just to support the creators of the awesome game. The potential of Alpha is so much MORE. Tried the Beta so many times. It feels like "meh - more shiny but never gona have the charm the Alpha has".

My dream now is MMORPG based on KAG Alpha :)
    Most good games start with great ideas. When they are done and the game becomes popular it starts to change. And usually it changes to worse. Perfectly logical - if you want to make money you need to charm the mass. And the mass is 90% retards and idiots. So with time games get ruined.. to make more money. Many great games fell apart in front of my eyes just to get closer to the mass user. Same thing awaits KAG probably.. :(

IrishSmalls and Ej like this.
  11. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

That is the exact same thing all nostalgic people say. Can you explain why a slower-paced, buggier, bare game is better than beta, which has literally everything and more, especially due to modding. The reason why you think alpha has that, ahem "charm"?
    Nostalgia.
    If you give me some valid reasons alpha is 20 times better than beta, be my guest. But that might be rather difficult.

Contrary likes this.
  12. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

indeed jlordo. noone that a premium player these days likes alpha anymore. unless of course your that nostalgic guy thats in love with alpha for reasons none of us will understand.

13. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Alpha is as good now as it was before the silent Beta release, not worse nor better, althought there are less experienced players playing Alpha now i believe. I'm with QniDopi when he talks about the charm of Alpha, but Beta has other things.

14. IrishSmalls

IrishSmalls Bison Rider

Thats me :D

CrystalClear likes this.
  15. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

Fellas fellas fellas!

Gents

16. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Classic was a great game. I still play it just because it is so great (also because some of my school computers can't handle beta). A lot of the mechanics of the game are different, but its not that hard to learn if you already play Beta. I had an easier time learning Beta because I played Classic, so I would assume the reverse would work too.

Favorite thing ever is Sumo. God I love Sumo. If you have never played it, you have never lived. It is THE GREATEST gamemode out there.

17. kingofthebrithins

kingofthebrithins Shopkeep Stealer

I like both beta and classic :3

18. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Beta is all around better, but alpha is still pretty good (and free)

19. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I did once like KAG classic better, however once I forced myself to play the beta more often, I now think the beta is much better.