1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Am I the only one seeing the phasing out of guards as a problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thebonesauce, Oct 29, 2012.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Fwiw, I temp-ban any griefer I encounter unless I can establish they're a newbie and then I watch them like a hawk for the rest of the day. Guards are useful, but we're not gods.

Guards are like a leafy green side dish to the main helping of solid meaty community responsibility; if the main course is missing then just a salad by itself ain't going to fill you up, but if mains is present then that salad sure is a tasty addition to the meal. If servers don't have their own admins and players aren't responsive to vote-kicking then guards are never going to be enough by themselves; but as a handy addition? Sure.

2. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I've gotta agree with the guards here, and you also need to remember, people have lives and it is extremely time consuming managing a server, especially seeing as you need to actually be in game to kick/ban people effectively.

I had a recent discussion on IRC with one of the devs, who has said that remote rcon is a future feature, which should make it a little easier for server owners like myself to manage servers.

Bottom line, guards have lives as do server owners and admins. Guards are there to assist the admins of servers, at least that's always the vibe I've been given by them, not a fail safe method to stop griefing/abuse. If you want to make that server a cleaner place, write up a constructive PM, note down the time and users name who was abusing and speak to us if we're human.

Cheers,

Kaizokuroof.

3. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

so does this mean im meat?
    how is that even possible?

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It means you're a part of what should make griefing and the like less of a problem! It also means that, yes, you're part of a stew. :p

5. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

even though this is very off topic what i mean is im toast but then you refer to me as meat so that means im meat bread?

Lord_bugg likes this.
  6. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

There are only a dozen of active guards around and most of these guards are only playing on servers they're admin of anyway.
    So I don't really see a problem on phasing out guards as they won't add that much if there's a wide variety of admins.

7. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Give moar sexy colours to admins, I want green text :3