1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

An alternative to mandatory video evidence of griefing/hacking

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by an_obamanation, Apr 9, 2016.

?

What do you think of the video evidence rule?

1. I feel that it should be removed entirely.

2. I feel that it should be tweaked just like you said.

3. I feel that it should be tweaked in a different way.

4. I feel that it's perfectly fine as it is.

5. No comment as this issue has never affected me.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

So, from what I assume anyways, KAG has no built in recording tool in to allow you to record matches and such. This means that those of us who don't have any video recorders or can't run video recorders, we're powerless to stop griefing, false kicks, hacks, etc. I understand why having video evidence is HEAVILY recommended, as it shows clearly that the person did it intentionally, what they did, how long they did it, and the manner in which they did it. Allowing the KAG admins/devs to provide judgement. However I feel as though if you can provide a load of other evidences such as a certain number of screenshots (Maybe 10 or 20 proving the action?), chat logs from multiple areas, unbiased eye-witness accounts, or maybe some admins witnessing the event multiple times, that your report should be taken into account a little bit. I DEFINITELY think it shouldn't be deleted right away if it has screenshots and chat logs, the report being there would allow other people to be warned of the players behavior and to maybe catch them in the act again at some point, proving further that they're a bad player for the game.

"The thread will be left deleted if no video is provided."

This seems like a rather strict and unproductive rule, I feel strongly that with just screenshots and chat logs that a ban should not occur at all, just that the player should be monitored. Thing is, the player can't really be monitored efficiently if the community doesn't know about common actions of their's. Let me put it this way, I recently got falsely accused of griefing by a player named "shnitzelkiller" and got kicked for it, even though this player saw me in the front lines of the ctf match the whole match. I also saw him today trying to kick a poor guy who he didn't like because he was bad at the game. I would love to report this kind of behavior so the kag community can be wary around this person so false kicks will occur less because of them but I don't have video evidence of the deed so a report cannot be made, I only have two chat logs. I feel like the rule of "The thread will be left deleted if no video is provided." should be tweaked to be less strict and to allow people to warn the rest of KAG players about a person's behavior. Something around the lines of:

"You can post a report of a player without video evidence, however, we will not ban this player without a video showing him in action. Reports like this are more of a local thing to see how the kag community feels about a certain personality and to provide as much evidence as possible to their behavior, this way maybe other people could get video evidence of the player, and we'll have one less griefer on our plate."

Another example is that I have screenshots of a player spamming the !killme command on a tdm server, clogging the server with dead corpses and making my fps tank. I would report this but sadly I cannot as I have no video evidence of it, I only have multiple screenshots which may as well be evidence enough.

Is this just me? Please let me know what you think in the comments and if you can tell me ways that I can help rectify this issue of mine. I would also greatly appreciate links to free video recording software so I could try to test it out and see if my computer would be able to run kag efficiently while recording. Thanks for reading, have a good day. =)

EhRa likes this.
  2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Built-in recording systems have been suggested before and were deemed pointless (at least regarding to your reasons) seeing how they'd be just as powerintensive as external recording software. Eye witnesses and screenshots are also "worthless" because this is a) the internet and b) you can edit screenshots way easier than videos. Also seeing how this has been suggested literally a thousand times I'm locking this thread.

an_obamanation and jimster6000 like this.
Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.