1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Angled saws

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by tru0067, Jul 14, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

An idea that I toyed with for a while. This would involve having saws behave more like trampolines, with the ability to turn while falling, creating angles on uneven terrain. This would make it possible to place a saw sideways, potentially creating very interesting (and deadly) traps. This would (hopefully) go hand in hand with rotatable trampolines, allowing for space-bar to rotate saws as well.

NinjaCell, BanakaI1 and -Crimson- like this.
  2. That would make saws 2OP

3. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

This idea sounds weird to me. This means that you can just make a saw, turn it sideways, then throw it at your enemy. There you go, insta kill. Maybe if you couldn't throw the saw but could still place it sideways then it would be less op.

4. tru0067

I think throwing saws in general should be removed, this would make saws less OP, and since a saw placed sideways would not have gravity pulling you into the rotating blades of death, you could easily just stand and slash until you destroy it.

PUNK123 likes this.
  5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Just do what they do with tramps: Reset orientation when you grab them.

As far as this idea goes: There hasn't been enough death to saw, yet.

6. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Saws have a fixed orientation. They can't tilt no matter how you throw them, unlike everything else in the game. This is probably because detecting whether a player has entered the saw would be too inconsistent at arbitrary angles.

Also, dropping upside-down saws.

7. tru0067

The mental image sent me into fits of laughter.

8. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

It's also why there should be no angled saws.

9. Piano

Piano Bison Rider

tower + a bunch of saws on its side facing the enemies = dead bomb jumpers

Anonymuse and Horse_That_Goes_Ni like this.
  10. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Actually, it wouldn't be terrible balance IF saws can only be picked up and thrown the same way trampolines currently are. If spacebar rotates, you have people throwing metal blades of insta-gib at each other.

dual_chiecken likes this.
  11. IMO Saws should disable when picked up therefore you can't throw it effectively but can be rotated like trampolines

ShnitzelKiller and Chukka like this.
  12. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

This is good and makes sense, because only your team can turn them on/off. This is more consistent with the fact that enemies can only pick up your disabled saws (I'm pretty sure).

13. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I kinda like this idea, the ability to make saw drop traps.

14. nope this is still a terrible idea

RampageX likes this.
  15. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Nifty idea. Would enable wonderful traps, but the actual gameplay wouldn't be benefited much. Easily abused.

16. I can make a huge wall just out of saws so imagine one with side way facing saws...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 22, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 22, 2014 ---
    IMO something that would make building much more interesting would have having pressure plates and pistons being added to the game.

RampageX likes this.
  17. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

In what game would you have the time, or the resources, to build a wall of saws that couldn't be bomb-jumped?

And what can you actually do with pistons in kag? There's no time to set up intricate traps on the battlefield, and there's not much you'd be able to do with pistons other than push a few blocks, or a boulder. And personally, I think dropping the boulder manually would be a lot easier than setting up an intricate system to do something a noob can do.

18. It is really easy to build a saw wall and they only cost 100 stone plus some wood which is easy to get. And I never said it would be bomb-jump proof...

For the pistons idea, you could make various traps with them. Like encasing someone in a stone fortress or you know squishing them to death.

RampageX likes this.
  19. Hmm Piston sounds like another topic, let's talk about the saws

Saw walls will take a while to make since you have to manually drop them to the right angle

Auburn likes this.
Mods: Rainbows