1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

There's not that much good shows this season, only a few stand out like Black Bullet and Captain Earth (few more)

Apronymous likes this.
  2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Space Dandy had its ups and downs. Season 2 to come out soon.

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

This season I've been watching Mekakucity Actors, Nana's Lost Treasure, The Irregular at Magic High School, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Black Bullet, No Game No Life, and If Her Flag Breaks. They've all been interesting with No Game No Life being the one I enjoyed the most so far (Dat chess game).

Hawxx likes this.
  4. Yagger

mein nigga; all the shows im watching. Captain Earth is the only other one i have added to that list.

Apronymous likes this.
  5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I couldn't be bothered to watch Captain Earth. To me it's another Mecha anime that follows the standard mecha genre, which is probably why I enjoyed Gundum build fighters a bit more. I might pick up Date A Live II, although I would have rather had a 2nd season of Champione. Otherwise yes, those animes are great so far.

6. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Finished AnoHana (feels) Nearly finished Bakemonogatari and have started Nisekoi and also watching Date A Live II. So much anime to watch D: (I'm literally typing with the tip of an ice cream cone lel)

7. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Stopping by to drop off some OVA recommendations for those who like straight up action with monsters:
    3x3 Eyes, Biohunter, Devilman, Genocyber. There just isn't enough of this stuff.

8. chickennugget22

chickennugget22 Horde Gibber

9. Yagger

The best anime character in a show

[​IMG]

Apronymous likes this.
  10. Ping Pong for best anime this season.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  11. Kouji

[​IMG]

It's scientifically proven to be true

WarrFork, Vampire, Hawxx and 3 others like this.
  12. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

"He does nothing but sit at his computer watching his pagan shows and crying for a delusion called a 'waifu'"
    (Minor changes made to quote, meaning preserved)

Laughed my head off at that one.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  13. Kouji

I just saw Kowarekake no Orgel today. It's just a 24 minute OVA about a guy who found a discarded parent (basically what a robot maid girl is called in the future) and their summer. It's here if you wish:

(don't forget to turn on the subtitles unless you know Japanese)

It might not make sense at first, but you'll start getting it as you continue on.

RiftEnigma and Jlordo like this.
  14. That guy looks like a young Spike Spiegel.

Hawxx and Sir_Walter like this.
  15. CalmingTea

CalmingTea Builder Stabber

What are you guys watching from the new season of anime?

16. I plan to watch more but so far I've seen one episode of Akame ga Kill! and one episode of Aldnoah.Zero.
    I'm liking Akame ga Kill! it looks great. It has a good balance of humour and (unexpected) action.

17. CalmingTea

CalmingTea Builder Stabber

What I'm watching from this season so far:
    Akame ga Kill (It does accept the injustice of murdering which is surprising in a shounen but well received), Zankyou no Terror, Tokyo Ghouls, Rail Wars, Space Dandy 2, SAO II, Futsuu no joshikousei ga locodol yatte mitta (damn long names), Himegoto (because yolo), Seirei tsukai no blade Dance

What I have downloaded from this season waiting to be watched:
    DRAMAtical Murder, Barakamon, Aldnoah.Zero

I'm probably still going to catch up to some other shows, I'll update the list accordingly.

18. What I have currently downloaded is:
    Hanayamata;
    Himegoto;
    Bakumatsu Rock;
    Glasslip;
    Tokyo Ghoul;
    Zankyou no Terror;
    Psycho-Pass New Edit Version;
    Futsuu no Joshikousei go Locodol Yatte Mita;
    Rokujouma no Shinryakusha;
    Tokyo ESP;
    Aldnoah.Zero;
    Jinsei;
    Sabagebu!;
    Akame ga Kill!;
    Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun;
    DRAMAtical Murder.
    I also plan to add more.
    Anything which isn't Free! that KyoAni make goes straight on my list.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2014 ---
    Addin' Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance to my list. Looks good.
    Still watching some leftovers from last season, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei and M3 ~Sono Kuroki Hagane~.

19. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Akame ga Kill!, Aldnoah.Zero, Ao Haru Ride, Barakamon, Free!: Eternal Summer, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Glasslip, Himegoto, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, Shin Strange+, Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen, SpaceDandy Season 2, Sword Art Online II, Tokyo ESP, Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyou no Terror.

I tried Momo Kyun Sword but it was just boobs and orcs. I also tried the first episode of Hanamataya but a show of a little girl who likes fairies or some shit isn't really interesting. Plus the 'fairy' is scary.

My favorites of the season are clearly Aldnoah.Zero and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Aldnoah.Zero got an awesome OST from Sawano (Kill la Kill, Guilty Crown, Shingeki no Kyojin, Ao no Exorcist). Gekkan Shoujo (...) is just hilarious.

Woah, you don't like the topless males show..? But anyway, the animation, plot, ost are nice and there isn't a single thing that could make you think it's going yaoi (which I find pretty surprising). Did you try the first season? Don't be scared just because it's full of topless males. Anyway i'm mostly watching the show only for her. Gou is best girl;
    [​IMG]
    I'm also watching some leftovers of the last seasons as well which are Captain Earth, Diamond no Ace, Fairy Tail (2014), Haikyuu!, Mahou Shoujo Taisen, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

I'm still pretty late with Captain Earth, it didn't really catch my attention yet. My favorites of those leftovers are Mahouka (...) and Diamond no Ace. Both have a pretty interesting story and good OST.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  20. I'm not scared of watching it, it's just I have so much to watch already. It not really being my thing makes me just push to the back of the shelf.
    I do plan to watch it at some point, it is on my list. However, at this point in time, I'm not really up for it.
    I'm sure anything KyoAni makes, including Free!, is always no less than amazing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2014 ---
    Boobs and orcs, eh~?
    Might give it a try.

Mods: BlueLuigi