1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

RiftEnigma likes this.
  2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

The second and third picture are not even in order, fanservice isn't going to happen and the plot is actually interesting but okay.

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I'm sure most people here have already watched No Game No Life? If not, do it. That show amused me to no end.

4. No Game No Life was the best anime of last season for me.

Nighthawk likes this.
  5. I don't like that incest shit other than that it is a good anime

6. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Has anyone here seen Mushi-shi?

7. I planned to, but never got round to it. Have you seen it? Is it good?

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Kinda just watching what comes through CR mostly, so far I've watched:
    Momkyun - Honestly seemed shit, would probably be better if it was just hentai
    Space Dandy 2 - Downloaded, but need to catch up on season 1 which I haven't yet
    Aldnoah.Zero - Started the episode, seemed okay, haven't finished, will comment more when I do probably

Elementaler - I was readingthe manga for this a month or so ago, it's way better than the anime so far.

Also stuff I've been watching recently:
    Log Horizon - Finally finished up on ep 25, loving it, can't wait for more.
    The Irregular at Magic High - Loving this so far, wish it would come out faster
    Hunter x Hunter - seems it might get back to actually entertaining instead of this slow ass chimera ant arc.
    Magi - Finished up, hope there is more, marathoned both seasons, loved both. I will never find anything funnier than the first 'goi' they show having a huge nose (I know goy would be the opposite, but it's a word they use), and the way the characters say it with a seething hatred for goi.
    Blade & Soul - This shit was so bland, might watch last episode just to say I have
    Beelzebub - Still so far behind, but I've been trying to find funny SFX snippets and steal them for my own use, so I've been taking it slow.

9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Wait, what incest. I did not see any incest in that show. Yeah, there was butt-tons of fanservice (but that's every show ever) and the two main characters are brother and sister, but there was no actual incest, or even a hint that Sora leaned that way. Also, when Shiro said things like, "Aw, my brother rejected me" she's saying it as a joke.

RiftEnigma and WarrFork like this.
  10. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Yeah, it's really relaxed and there is no over-arching plot. Every episode is separate. You could probably watch them in any order. It's very different to most anime, but it is very good.

Sometimes the main character, Ginko, does basically nothing, or what he does do has no effect, but it doesn't really matter. The mushi themselves are neither good nor evil. The plot is minimal, the characters are often basic as most of them are only seen once. The shows greatest strength is the calming atmosphere it gives off.

The majority of anime tropes concerning characters and events do not apply here. Stuff just sort of happens. It's hard to explain, but once you have seen it it will make sense.
    First season
    Second season + OVA
    Second half of the second season is out this autumn.

11. I'll give it a try then!

12. CalmingTea

CalmingTea Builder Stabber

What I'm watching from this season so far:
    Akame ga Kill (It does accept the injustice of murdering which is surprising in a shounen but well received), Zankyou no Terror, Tokyo Ghouls, Rail Wars, Space Dandy 2, SAO II, Futsuu no joshikousei ga locodol yatte mitta (damn long names), Himegoto (because yolo), Seirei tsukai no blade Dance, Aldnoah.Zero, Barakamon, Majimoji Rurumo, Gekkan shoujo Nozaki-kun

What I have downloaded from this season waiting to be watched:
    DRAMAtical Murder, Glasslip, Hanayamata

I agree that aldnoah.Zero is the best of this season, Great graphical effects, plot, action well... everything although there are other shows that deserve being mentioned like tokyo ghouls (too bad it got censored), Zankyou no Terror, Gekkan shoujo Nozaki-kun and Barakamon. This is my opinion from what I've seen so far. Looks like the season turned out to be better than expected.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 19, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 19, 2014 ---
    Other than the animes of the season I'm watching Hokuto no Ken/ Fist of the North Star

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    RiftEnigma likes this.
  13. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Absolutely love it. It is literally my favourite along with Kino's Journey (similar concept). Can't wait for the second half of season 2.
    Definitely watch an episode or two. It is incredibly mellow and calming, beautiful soundtrack and a lot of beautiful nature visuals.

NinjaCell, RiftEnigma and CalmingTea like this.
  14. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Hunter x Hunter 2011 is surprisingly good, like really good, I'm loving it so far. Not touching any of the new airing anime yet just gonna try to finish my On-Hold graveyard.

15. CalmingTea

CalmingTea Builder Stabber

"On-Hold graveyard" wrecking lives since 1907

RiftEnigma likes this.
  16. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

It's really bad, I have trouble resurrecting some of them. I don't want to drop them! :rektlord:

17. windwizard999

windwizard999 Haxor

18. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I think pretty much everyone here knows about Sword Art Online though. It's a pretty popular anime.

19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

@CalmingTea DRAMAtical murder is 5/10, not worth it.

Anyway as response to the title, erry1 should totes watch these:
    Akame ga kill (airing)
    Sword Art Online II (airing)
    Glasslip (airing)
    Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai
    Gokukoku no Brynhildr
    Hamatora the animation
    Black Bullet
    Kokoro Connect
    Strike the blood

20. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator