1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Death note
    Naruto
    One piece

2. Arthurox

Arthurox Bison Rider

Onepiece forever
    And naruto too.

Death note is cool ?

3. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

i disagree... One Piece and Death Note are alright, but i don't think Naruto is any good at all.

you have no soul.

4. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Elemental Gelaide, its what got me hooked on Anime, it will forever be my favourite.
    Code Geass too, Blade of the Immortal as well, but I haven't seen many of its episodes...

There is no bad anime, only bad writers.

5. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

Dragon Ball Z will always be my favourite anime. The only other animes I've watched (and enjoyed) are Dragonball, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Afro Samurai.

6. inkBot

inkBot Catapult Fodder

Oh! Samurai Champloo, how could I forget that one? :eek:

7. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

Oh God, there is at least 40 anime series i need to watch now. I don't think im going to be bored for the next 40 years. And Darren, nice Spongebob reference :) made me smile.

8. I yeah it is, you should watch it, its an interesting anime ;)

9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

The World God Only Knows.
    Main character is a hardcore gamer... who plays only dating sims. And yet somehow, he's a total badass.
    It's difficult to explain, but it's REALLY good. Just watch it.

Kouji likes this.
  10. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

My favorite trio

One piece
    Death Note
    Bokurano

11. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

"Spice and wolf" is also a good series, if anything for the romantic comedy and drama.... And if you want old school, try "Cyborg 009".

Also "Guardian of the sacred spirit", good luck finding another show with fight choreography that good.

12. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

I pretty much just follow the airing stuff.
    Right now I'm watching Guilty Crown, of which S1 was pretty generic but S2 is pretty cool.
    Daily live of High school boys too, if you're into that kind of comedy.

And if you're interested in Bokurano; read the manga.
    Same with TWGOK, the anime doesn't have any more seasons scheduled for now.

13. Chayeh

Chayeh Shopkeep Stealer

Have you seen Legend of the Galactic Heros? It's a legitimately good animated t.v show from japan and good sci-fi to boot. It's unlicensed so you can only get it by torrents(which most of you are probably using anyway.) If your gonna watch it use this viewing order.

Movie 1 - My Conquest is the Sea of Stars
    Movie 2 - Overture to a New Battle (Replaces Episodes 1 and 2)

Main Series (Episode 3 to Episode 110)

14. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

Ok, seeying as everyone is posting the most mainstream kind of stuff out there, I guess we will shed the skin and dig a bit deeper into Anime, right?

I'll give you a few names and a small explanation what it's about. I'll keep it to the ones I can come up with right now and that I have seen. I'll put the a "!" if it's very special and a must see (and this is for everyone.) It either is one of a kind, or just a total "wtf?" thing. Either way, it's a gem with in it's own category.

Alright, here we go:

Kids
    ----
    ! Pantsu Pakuro: This is a massively entertaining cartoon, made for little children to potty train them and learn small things like "look both ways". How cool is it? He sings with his poo...

Girly
    ----
    Pirncess tutu: it's a story about a girl learning ballet. Magical stuff happens and it's like a crazy Japanese Black Swan, but interesting.
    Lucky star: Random, Japanese conversations and situations of Japanese teen girls. Can get boring at times.
    Shugo Chara!: It's a girly version of yu-gi-oh! If you ask me. Some singing here and there. It's ok.

Sports
    ------
    ! Eyeshield 21: It's awesome! It's about American football, but it really is enjoyable. Hiruma is so badass and believe me, you'll love him too.

Drama
    ------
    School days: It's a kind of dark themed anime. It starts very innocent and goes completely apeshit downhill into a raging ball of fucking hell! If the world doesn't make you depressed, this would.

Horror
    ------
    Hellsing: Cool anime, a vampire hunting corporation uses a badass vampire to hunt other vampires. If you're craving blood, it's awesome to watch.
    ! Hellsing OVA: This is the same anime, but based on the manga more, and the visuals are superb!!! It's most defiantly worth your time!
    Elfenlied: A human mutation, the declonius, has escaped and roams now in Japanese society. What will happen next?
    Blood +: a school girl, going on a vampire hunting spree. I thought it was boring.
    Vampire Hunter D: A nice movie, titel explains it all.

Action
    ------
    Vampire Knight: I'm not sure whether it's action or drama, but it's about a school that during the day holds normal human students, and at night houses vampires. As we all know, vampires need to be schooled too. :p It's ok, it has some interesting plot twists.
    Fullmetal Alchemist: two brothers learn alchemy and go on an adventure to find the philosophers stone. why? Because one of the brothers is a living suit of armor and wants to be back in a normal boys body? It's a good anime.
    GetBackers: A cool anime, about two guys who get back what you want. Of course payment is dew, and after a few cases they get dragged along into their own past and adventure as more of their past gets revealed. it's a good anime and a very high entertainment factor.
    Devil May Cry: Yes, the game has an anime. And it's good, watch it.

Humor
    ------
    ! Ebichu the housekeeping hamster: Yes. Housekeeping Hamster! WATCH IT!
    ! Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, + Zoku sayonara zetsubou sensei: It's awesome, teacher tries to kill himself, get saved by overly happy girl. And runs into all kind of weird girls. You'll love it.
    ! Great Teacher Onizuka: A no-good bikerboy, turns into a schoolteacher. He gets thrown into the most weirdest adventures ever. A very good anime indeed.
    ! Hetalia: How about W.W. 1 and W.W. 2 given by stereotypical atributes, pored into one character representing that country. Yes, it's weird..
    ! Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo: No explenation, just look... it's different from anything you've ever seen before, I'm sure.
    ! Maria Holic: A lesbian going into an all girls school? Heaven right? Till you found out a horrible secret and now pay the price for it. Dearly...
    Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokoro-chan: An angel that all the time kills you in the most painfull ways... why? find out! watch it :p it's good.
    Ichigo 100%: Boy falls in love with girl... Yes, it's hard to describe, because it's weird, but good. :)
    Rosario+Vampire: A boy, gets enrolled into a school for monsters. He befriends a lady vampire, who helps to keep the human identity of the young man under wraps from the other monsters. Good series.
    Ah! My godess: A man gets a wish, and wishes for an angel. Thus he gets it. What happens next? Check it out!
    Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade: the whole shopping arcade, gets switched to a parallel dimension. Every dimension is based on the fantasy of a young boy. Yes, it's entertaining.

Ok that's it for now, got bored. Enjoy the list for now. :p

15. Chayeh

Chayeh Shopkeep Stealer

I didn't post mainstream stuff

16. GrimWaltz

Don't feel referred to that then. ;) People who watch a lot of anime, know what I'm talking about. ;)

17. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

Most of that stuff is pretty mainstream too, if you disregard the "casual" watchers.

Foxodi likes this.
  18. GrimWaltz

yeah, I know. But considering 90% of the anime community only watch Naruto, Bleach, etc. It's really redundant and mind stompingly dull. I wanted to spice it up a little more.

Beef likes this.
  19. Vidar

Vidar KAG Guard Donator Tester

20. Vatx

Vatx Ballista Bolt Thrower

Berserk Anime is not so good. If you want Berzerk then go read the Manga or wait for those new movies, cause they may be awesome.

Mods: BlueLuigi