1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Anyone here watched Hyouka? I just started (2 episodes in) and the show is seriously redefining the stereotypical high school setting for me. On top of that the animation is frigging gorgeous and extremely expressive. Case in point.

Galen likes this.
  2. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I wouldn't call myself a die hard DBZ fan but since I have quite a bit of nostalgia for it I'll probably start watching DBS, on the other hand, finished Oregairu S2, and you know what really grinds my gears?

Cliffhangers.

Also I am really hyped for the OPM anime and I haven't even read any of OPM, another reason why I am hyped is because Madhouse is animating it, fucking Madhouse.

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Confirmed Skinney's alt.

4. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Finished GunBuster a few days ago, wow, never knew a 6 episode OVA could be so good and influential. Also continued watching Gintama again and holy crap it's starting really grow on me now, it's getting funnier and better each episode. Episode wise I am half way through the thirties, like 34-35. Also, what anime skips their opening and continues about 8 minutes of the previous episode, then plays the ED, then does the next episode preview and starts the OP again, Gintama does that and I thought it was hilarious and to some extent smart.

5. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Shokugeki no Soma got a new opening and outro to episode 15. Both are pretty sweet, however the outro is kinda creepy :/

6. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Recently finished Mawaru Penguindrum, shits cryptic as fuck but holy shit that was so good, the ending was perfect, it finished so nicely. Started an airing anime by Key (uh oh) and written by Jun Maeda (more uh oh) It's called Charlotte and it's pretty cool so far, mc has a similar power to Lelouch except with a disadvantage and a limit, ep 6 was insane and I don't know what's gonna happen, fuck. On another hand, Charlotte does give you quite the Angel Beats! vibe, probably because it's made by Jun Maeda. Hopefully it won't be as rushed as AB! but I am ready for the feels. (no im not actually)

7. Lawrence_Shagsworth

The monogatari series was a good watch. Good opening and ending songs. If you're looking for the notorious toothbrush scene, it's Nisemonogatari Ep 8
    Also, binge-watched Angel Beats. MRW I finished
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  8. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Man the third season of Working!!! is hilarious, especially if you watched the previous seasons making reaccuring jokes and character development even better.
    Highly recommend as a good comedy anime :X3:

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Not really into comedy but I think I'll try it, I'm looking for non airing shows so I have something to do during holidays + bad anime season

10. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Yesterday I finished Toradora!
    I do not feel good, I feel empty, I think I have PADS (Post-Anime Depression Syndrome, you know when you miss the characters and feel like you have nothing to do and always think about that one anime? That's that)

Fuck man, Toradora! is possibly the best romcom I've seen, I wish it wouldn't have ended but I was satisfied with the ending. (pls watch after credits or you're left with a not-so-good ending)

Still have loads of shit in my backlog, should probably get around to watching them, it makes me so sad that I might never find another romcom as good as Toradora!, the characters were so good, I think I need an adult.

11. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Can confirm, Toradora destroys the soul with the level of heartbreak. ESPECIALLY THE CHRISTMAS EPISODES. :QQ:

Currently watching Kuroko no Basket and oh my god this anime is intense as hell :r_flex::X3::thumbs_up:

I hear it has a dissapointing ending but so far it's amazing :heart:

12. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I liked the ending.
    Also,
    THIS IS JAPANESE LUNCH TIME RUSH!

SirDangalang likes this.
  13. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Really like The World God only Knows, such a unique spin on the harem genre, heck, it isn't really a harem anyway but it's great. Finished S1 and S2 and the OVAs only to be disappointed by the fact that the 3rd Season skips a lot of arcs, picked up the manga and read all the arcs and holy crap how were some of these never animated? They are amazing. Now I am starting the Goddesses Arc (the Anime version, S3 basically) and then continuing from the end of S3 to the end of the manga, I gave both S1 and S2 an 8/10, I really enjoyed them.

I still have PADS from Toradora! :c

NinjaCell likes this.
  14. pokemon?

15. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I've never actually seen it save one movie. I got into Pokemon entirely through the games. It wasn't even because it was "the cool thing", I just played it with someone at church as a little kid and though it was really cool.

The show doesn't really appeal to me, but I may watch Pokemon Origins. Has anyone seen that? And would you recommend it?

16. Pokemon Origins kicks ass (save for that fucking Gen VI advertisement at the end)

17. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I am one minute in to Origins and I know it's good already. I'll do a review as I watch.

Ep - Time
    1 - 14:00 : Man, Brock's awesome, the game references are so well done, "You're still light years from facing Brock!", but there's also different parts as well.
    1 - 15:00 : Wow, they just explained why all the gym leaders are at different strength levels. Brock is still boss.
    1 - 15:21 : Health bars are also incorporated?
    1 - 16:18 : Brock, you filthy liar.
    1 - 17:00 : Unevolved Nidoran with Double Kick? This is some high level shenanigans.
    Actually, I checked and that's standard for Gen VI. Wonder if Fairy types are included? Or Dark or Steel for that matter.
    1 - --:-- : After a great first episode I'm moving onto the second. Kind of strange they skipped over Caterpie evolving when Red doesn't even know type differences are a thing but whatever. In finishing I would like to share my two favourite lines.
    Brock's best lines.jpg
    2 - 01:20: Shame it's so short they had to skip tons of stuff. Wish it had more episodes.
    2 - 02:42: Well, that's slightly disturbing.
    2 - 03:25: No Lavender town music. 0/10
    2 - 05:56: Savage.
    2 - 08:19: As bad as Team Rocket are, you can't fault the animation on their lorries.
    2 - 11:20: Lavender Town music. 10/10
    2 - 11:20: Backwards hat + Silph Scope. 151/10
    2 - 17:32: Team Rocket grunts. Will straight up murder a Pokemon when alone. In a group of three, can't beat up an 11 year old.
    2 - 20:02: I hope that's what I think it is.
    2 - 20:48: Green has to be at least 60% Mankey to get up that tree. Also, +1 for music.
    2 - --:--: NinjaCell saved the game.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    SirDangalang likes this.
  18. i was kidding. But Origins is a lot better, it's less cringe-worthy(but still has its moments), and I actually like Red. Plus, I love how Blue chooses Squirtle anyways.

19. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

No more TWGoK Anime, a sad day indeed, I'll miss the cringy engrish openings for sure, they had a certain charm to them. Season 3, or in other words the Goddesses Arc was amazing, I essentially marathoned it. It's much better than the first 2 seasons; also the arc being much more serious adds to that too. But... but... I was not ready for that ending man, I thought I was safe from seeing characters suffering in this series? Nope, right after I recover from Toradora! I get right hooked in the face by Goddesses Arc ending, I didn't get PADS or that but I was just sad and annoyed. You could say I was angry at Keima, very angry. I thought Keima was good enough to always get a "good" or "best" ending; but I was wrong. So wrong, it certainly caught me off guard.

Seeing Keima crying made me feel so bad, this character development is unreal... Now onto finishing the manga...
    [​IMG] :QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ:

NinjaCell likes this.
  20. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Been watching Danmachi recently. Really captivating but I feel that it ended somewhat abruptly. Hoping for a season 2 that is slower in pace

Mods: BlueLuigi