1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Ah shit, I thought you meant the torrent sites where you would download them, my mistake, I'll make sure that it doesn't happen again.

2. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I did not know I needed this. But I do.

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  3. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Hello, my name is Fellere and I am here to tell you this new fan fangled anime website called, redacted.com. It has all of these great shows like hen taiga man. It is a show about this tiger and a hen who become this super crime fighting ninja. Like super sentai warriors. But it's super hentai warrior. Or my favorite, pisu pisu no dicku. Mr. Jigsaw likes to watch Futa no Gril.

Also you guys watch normal American made cartoons as well? If so some of the newer Cartoon Network ones are pretty great. We Bare Bears is pretty amazing.

4. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

As soon as I saw the title, I knew that it would be hilarious. I was deemed correct

5. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I personally haven't watched much of Steven Universe but holy shit it's literally anime reference paradise, everything they do has some kind of reference to an anime, whether it's JoJo, TTGL, DBZ, NGE or Revolutionary Girl Utena they'll have it, might watch some episodes of it lmao

6. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

7. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Holy fucking shit.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

I thought it couldn't happen, that something out there, could make me cry more than Clannad AS. I thought AS was that one anime that was the "ultimate feels" but it turns out I was wrong. Clannad AS made me cry, a few tears rolling down my cheek with teary eyes, it hurt and I had PADS and couldn't listen to Dango Daikazoku without getting teary, but yesterday, I finished Shigatsu.

Halfway throughout the last episode I couldn't even, I just couldn't anymore, my eyes started getting teary and then the end hit me, many tears were shed, about as many as Clannad AS. My face was wet and my eyes were teary and then the fucking credits came on, the way they did the credits, I couldn't anymore, throughout the whole credits tears just went fucking everywhere, my face was scrunched up and I was sobbing, it got me pretty hard....

:QQ::QQ::QQ:[​IMG]

NinjaCell and Nighthawk like this.
  8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Yes, yes, and yes.

The show felt slow at times, but it was quite a ride, and the ending was pretty masterfully done. Glad you got to watch and enjoy it.

9. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

It did drag on at certain parts but I am used to slower pacing meanwhile, (Steins;gate and HxH at some parts for example) I decided I needed a "feel-good" anime that makes you feel fuzzy inside so I picked up Sakura Trick, hopefully this cures my feels.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  10. Nighthawk

You might also try Usagi Drop. I would rate it the warmest and fuzziest anime I have ever watched.

NinjaCell and BlueLuigi like this.
  11. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

just don't read the manga :^)

12. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Yagger is a swagger, bringin' down that cold, hard, truthful dagger.

Just pretend I didn't write that and move on with your life. It will be better for your mental health.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 13, 2015 ---
    I honestly have to say that I feel like Overlord is a poorly-adapted version of a good story. Excepting Libi -err- Albedo, I've quite enjoyed what I've seen of it, but it's just too dang jumpy for me. When I start a series like that, I kind of expect more of a consistent and coherent story than what I saw.

Yagger likes this.
  13. Nighthawk

Don't remind me. O.o

14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Well, you can very much so consider for most LNs the first few chapters at the very least as backstory. Probably first volume.

Yagger and Sytoplasma like this.
  15. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Just finished Shokugeki no Soma. Final episode was the definition of 'THE TITS'. I firmly believe that there'll be another season

BlueLuigi likes this.
  16. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Gonna get some discussion going I guess, what way do your rate your Anime in terms of a 10 point system?
    For me it goes like this. (My rating is a mixture of how good it is objectively and how much I enjoyed it)

10: Masterpiece/Fucking loved it, amazing ride and most of my favourites go here.. Examples include: HxH, TTGL, Shigatsu.

9: Amazing/Great, these were really good and I loved watching them, these scores are usually more objective too, missing little things that keep it from being a 10. Examples include: Bakemono, JJBA, Penguindrum.

8: Very good, I enjoyed it a lot and it's also pretty good objectively, would rewatch and are somewhat memorable too, flaws are more noticeable than a 9 but they're still pretty minuscule. Examples include: TWGoK S3, Oregairu, Danshi Koukousei.

7: Good, I enjoyed it but isn't as memorable as 8s, also can be pretty good too, would still recommend and maybe rewatch some of them though it's unlikely, flaws are becoming more noticeable but don't take away from the experience and the enjoyment that much. Examples include: Higurashi S1, Angel Beats!, WA2.

6: Decent/Above Average, still somewhat enjoyable, not that memorable and probably won't ever get a rewatch, flaws are starting to take away from the show in terms of enjoyment and overall experience. Examples include: Mirai Nikki, Date A Live, Nisekoi.

5: Average/"Meh"/Okay I guess, can still be enjoyable though there are very apparent flaws that can ruin everything pretty quickly, not necessarily that bad that you shouldn't watch but I wouldn't recommend it because it's most likely not worth it. Examples include: Literally everything Fairy Tail.

4: Below Average, not worth it at all because most likely it's not enjoyable at all anymore, maybe little bits but the flaws are now overtaking the enjoyable bits, pretty bad in general though still bearable in some cases. Examples include: Dragon Ball GT (only one that's a 4)

3: Bad, don't even bother with any anime in this range, usually dropped already. No enjoyment at all, just simply bad in plot, characters, story execution and most of the important stuff which needs to be somewhat ok to be slightly enjoyable, it could have maybe potential to be pretty good but just keeps getting worse in the end. Examples include: Akame ga Trash

2 and below: Luckily, I haven't found anything worse then AgK yet so I won't go into detail for those two, if I ever watch something that bad I'll report back for sure.

Pretty much how I rate things, as you can see it's a mixture of how much I enjoyed it and how good it is objectively, for example I enjoyed Mirai Nikki quite a bit but in the end it's very fucking stupid in everything it does. Or other way around I enjoyed TTGL so fucking much (probably changed me as a person) but objectively it's no where near a "Masterpiece" and I accept that but maybe I just have shit taste ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: If you want to see my complete shit-tier taste list then feel free to check out my anilist, you could probably compare my scores with this list and then get salty when your favourite anime is actually shit-tier on my list. :kappa: http://anilist.co/animelist/28828/hawxx

ParaLogia likes this.
  17. FMA: BH
    TTGL
    Trigun

the rest

Hawxx likes this.
  18. fangpier656

fangpier656 Haxor

OMG FMA DO FMA NOT BROTHERHOOD THE ORIGINAL!

BlueLuigi likes this.
  19. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

As long as TTGL is one of your favourites you are my favourite <333333

20. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Mods: BlueLuigi