1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Funnily enough I didn't watch the review because I already know that TTGL is the best anime ever. :kappa:

and oh yeah I am definitely subscribed to the TTGL subreddit, I'd have thought someone on here would notice the post at some point, also dat karma though. I should probably watch the video sometime but definitely not right now because it's pretty late lmao.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Nisekoi a 6? I have at least one reason you and me will have to partake in fisticuffs.

Like most people I don't actually use a 10 point system, for the most part when I do it has no actual meaning, there's no grading scale I use, at best I might be using something a bit subjective like what you do.

Then again that I know how hard it is to rate something as varied as anime or games on a 10 point scale or on any scale that goes throughout the whole genre, is mostly why I strongly avoid it.

3. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Haha I did still enjoy Nisekoi to some extent but I realized after I finished the anime that there is no progression in the romance but rather regression, which I then realized that I don't like that at all (which actually means that Nisekoi being a 6 is quite a bit subjective; though objectively it doesn't really have much going for it either, it's the same shit recycled over and over again and in the end it leaves you with a sour taste because you just wasted your time watching something that went right back to the beginning in terms of progression).

Though maybe there is one reason why we shouldn't partake in a fisticuffs; Onodera best girl?

NinjaCell and BlueLuigi like this.
  4. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

my N I G G A

[​IMG]

NinjaCell, BlueLuigi and Hawxx like this.
  5. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Also we should play osu! sometime, I'm catching up to around your skill level meanwhile so we can compete.

To keep this on-topic, I started Nisemonogatari; watched 1 episode and it's definitely got me interested again.

6. BlueLuigi

All is forgiven, I can understand the heart of Onodera lovers, but -cough- I'm definitely for Kirisaki. (That said I'm actually a bit split, I find the allure of both of them, just not a big fan of Marika (Also the name reminds me of maricon or 'faggot' in spanish)

That said I haven't read the manga, but by the title itself I expect that the concept is that it's supposed to be a rollercoaster, in many harem-y/choose-the-girl type anime they always have this odd expectation that the MC can smoothly progress while progressing with various girls which just... isn't right in most cases unless we're talking some fantasy setting in another world. I imagine that in modern Japan the majority still believe in monogamy/monoamory to a large extent, so pursuing several girls at the same time, even with such a gimmick as the locket should indeed be seen as negative towards the relationship, at least early on.

Actually I'd probably take it a step further if I had the other side of the locket just from the concept of it being a lack of a leap of faith which I'm sure they'll address later if it ever gets a second season, or might already have been in the manga.... maybe I'll read that this weekend.

7. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Also when you think about it I am pretty sure the Mangaka always kinda puts the plot progression back to the beginning because it's very popular and sells well, if it ends it won't sell anymore; which means no money, so he's effectively extending it's lifetime by resetting it all the time in terms of romantic plot progression. So it's probably gonna be a while until it gets a proper ending.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  8. BlueLuigi

You know how many great anime suffer from that.

It's a shame both ways though, on one way you get more of that story you love, which is always good.

On the other hand, no ending is true suffering.

The only truly great anime/manga/etc are ones that have a clear line of progression set from the beginning and work their way towards it in grand arcs (e.g. One Piece), not saying these can't still be shit (e.g. Naruto). ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Unfortunately LNs suffer a lot from the long story-reset progression arc bullshit (e.g. Stellar Transformations). Some are more clever about it, but I swear to god... ST is the worst. "Haha I leveled up from 1-9 over the course of a thousand years, now I'll transcend.... and I'm lvl 1.... and max lvl is 9."

Hawxx likes this.
  9. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Basically Pokemon the anime, every time Ash goes to a new region his Pikachu having previously beat things in the league and possibly legendaries and then it gets beat by one of the very common basic Pokemon.(Rattata, Bunnelby etc)

In other words, Ashs Pikachu always resets it's level when there's a new region. It's really annoying lol

BlueLuigi likes this.
  10. BlueLuigi

So I decided it's been long enough to binge again and just reactivated my CR account somehow they gave me 14 days free. Soo I've basically skipped the last 2 seasons, here's what I plan on watching, but I'll take more suggestions from these last 4~? seasons

Future Card Buddyfight Hundred - this shit looks downright hilarious (3ep test)
    Folktales from Japan - in general these are cool little snippets of a good example of something actually popular with kids in japan, learn a bit from em too about the culture (have watched some previous ones)
    God Eater - Not sure how based on the game it is, but looks good. Never played the game on PSP cause it wasn't localized at the time
    World Trigger - continuing where I left off
    Umaru-chan - Just looks too funny
    Ushio and Tora - 3episode test, looks like it could be some tongue and cheek funnies, but maybe not.
    Danmachi - Might check it out just to see if I like the artstyle, some manga are worth watching the anime after just for the amazing artstyle (Soul Eater, Naruto, One Piece off the top of my head)
    My Wife is the Student Council President - 3ep test (I'll pretty much watch any slice of life shit like this with the 3ep test)
    Danchigai - same as above
    PUNCH-LINE
    Yamada-kun and the seven witches - (The manga was p.cool, didn't finish it, don't think the translations are done yet)

Some I need to finish up
    Servant x Service
    I can't understand what my husband is saying - hilarious snippets, good for during work/watching during a walk
    My teen romantic comedy snafu
    sound euphonium
    grisaia
    shirobako (I only gave this 2 out of the 3ep test, need to go through more)
    Your lie in april - Tbh one of my favorite anime of recent seasons, it does a lot of things extremely well, just good overall.

11. Yagger

You should really watc "Gate; Thus the JDF Fought There" if you haven't.

Btw, since it's a new season any of you guys see anything good? I haven't been able to check as much as I want to.

12. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I kind of have the same question as Yagger, anything good out yet? Haven't looked around really but I was going to try Gakusen Toshi Asterisk once it comes out, split cour is already confirmed so it's p much a 24 episode show.

13. BlueLuigi

Ah, I've been not sure about GATE, I was getting it confused for a while with THE NEW GATE (which is totally different, and I'm reading the LN and it's good).

From what I understand GATE; JDF blah blah, is military-ish which I've never been huge on but it depends on how they do it (loved the way FMA did it for example). Think it's still worth watching even if not a fan of military-style stuff?

14. Yagger

It's more like an anime where the big bad tries to get armies to destroy the MC and crew (arslan senki), but the MC and crew have guns and artillery. It's a good show purely for the MC and the girls.

15. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

NinjaCell, Sytoplasma and Hawxx like this.
  16. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I wouldn't be surprised if this anime reaches the top of MAL (in terms of average score) on the first episode; can't fucking wait for OPM.

EDIT: Wait holy fuck? First episode has aired? BYE GUYS

17. fangpier656

fangpier656 Haxor

i recently started watching schemoneta its a great anime if ur into girls :/

BlueLuigi likes this.
  18. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

lmfao

yes

19. BlueLuigi

Oh okay, sounds not bad then.

Should be good, but I the content is gonna run out soon :'( They even had to slowdown the manga to work out content for the anime
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 1, 2015 ---
    All I can say about PUNCH-LINE so far is: 9/10.

If you like ecchi.

20. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Is it gratuitously ecchi, or simply ecchi on the side because it just doesn't care?

Mods: BlueLuigi