1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Oh it's ecchi alright, very ecchi.

If you had an imouto walk in while you're watching it she'd blush and say "onii-chan hentai...", yup, it's ecchi.
    Even the name punch-line is some kind of joke about panty lines.

Basically MC sees panties and gets super stronk, but if he sees 2 pairs of panties in a row... uh-oh.
    Funny premise, funny show so far.

Nighthawk likes this.
  2. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Just finished 1st season of Log Horizon. Really enjoyed the humour, theinteraction between all the characters, and the OP + ED was really cool. Excited for the 2nd season!

BlueLuigi likes this.
  3. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

*AHEM*

No, Lawrence! Don't do it!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  4. BlueLuigi

I really need to read log horizon's LN because I'm pretty sure it's one of the ones that'll be like
    - Shiro lifts his glasses and gives her a wry smile -

I didn't realize they were going to keep going, but that's super exciting, any idea when next season is?

5. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Okay, you can watch it, but it lulls a bit, making some parts boring.

6. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Season 2 later arc focuses mainly on pleb kid group. I pretty much stopped watching around episode 18 since I'd rather watch Shiro instead of 5 kids and girl Shiro

Sytoplasma likes this.
  7. BlueLuigi

Oh I was on episode 19, so I guess that was part of the second season, yeah those kid centric episodes were boring, I thought that was only going to last an episode or two though, sucks if they're the spotlight of that season.

Sytoplasma and Yagger like this.
  8. Lawrence_Shagsworth

I watched LH mostly because of the current hiatus regarding anime. I plan on watching Guilty Crown too, which I should finish by the start of the Fall 2015 season

9. Yagger

Guilty Crown was one of those weekend shows but I absolutely hated the ending for reasons you won't imagine.

10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Having watched it, I know exactly how you feel.

... I think.

Dunno, I might be being overly presumptuous.

11. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Doesn't Guilty Crown have really good OST though?

12. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Quite good. And despite what's said about the ending, the show itself is okay.

... Krone is my favorite song in the soundtrack.

13. Yagger

SPOILER BELOW
    this is one of the few anime I have ever watched where I would've preferred the MC actually dying with his waifu; better than being a blind survivor with a shitty family

Other than that, good music and art.

14. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Been watching Samurai Champloo. Only because the only anime to come out of Fall 2015 that struck me as interesting so far was Owarimonogatari. BTW, is One Punch Man worth watching? I've been told mixed opinions so I'm on the fence about it

SirDangalang and Yagger like this.
  15. Yagger

had to watch my dad's house over the weekend. brought over some college work, got bored, found Samurai Champloo on Netflix, proceeded to spend the weekend watching 1080P on a 92 inch tv.

Sytoplasma likes this.
  16. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

im pure jel fam

17. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Didn't think Netflix had much anime on there. There's a few more decent series like K-project which I plan to watch at some point.

18. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I was drawn into the OPM manga really quickly. The humor combined with the occasional gags by the illustrator kept me interested. I'm hoping the anime will be able to retain that same feeling.

My main reason for watching the anime, though, is to see the awesome fights in the manga get fully animated--the first episode delivered on that really well, imo.

Also, regarding Owarimonogatari -- I started the Monogatari series on a whim 2 weeks ago. I finished all the released material like 3 days before owari was released, and I couldn't be happier at my coincidentally excellent timing. It's gonna be a little tough to wait for episodes every week though.

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  19. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Thanks for opinion man! Owarimonogatari is a mindfuck though, so it'll take me a week to figure out what in the hell has happened. By then the next episode has come out

UPDATE: Got around to watching One Punch Man, and I really dig the humour and art style!
    UPDATE #2: Just finished Samurai Champloo. All I can say for it is Best.Anime.Ever. I thought it was going to end on a dark note, but it turned out to be quite the opposite! Now I have to find something that is equally good ;-;

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Sytoplasma and ParaLogia like this.
  20. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Ayy, haven't updated here in a while, might as well say what I've been watching. Two words. Fucking volleyball.

In a more serious manner I have recently started and finished Haikyuu!!!, I started watching it slowly but fucking shit I ended up marathoning the last 5 or 6 episodes, luckily for me I could go straight onto S2, which I quickly absorbed the 5 episodes available, episode 5, the way it ended; I just couldn't wait anymore. I couldn't even imagine of waiting a week for another episode of Haikyuu!!!, so, the only option was the best option, I started the manga. It literally just gets better from there onward, S2 is gonna be so fucking good; and it feels weird being able to say something like that since I don't usually read ahead of airing anime lmao.

TL;DR VOLLEYBALL IS COOL; NOW WATCH HAIKYUU!!!

Mods: BlueLuigi