1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

not weeaboo reporting; check "sakamichi no apollon" if u liked samurai champloo, same style but jazz insted of hip hop and no samurais but more highschool drama shit. great anime by the same director of samurai champloo i think. i loved both.

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  2. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Plan on watching this some time soon, just got a few other series to wrap up!

Just finished 'Yahari Ore no Seishun'(both seasons), and watching 'Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso' at the moment.

Sytoplasma and Hawxx like this.
  3. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

All I can say is good luck with the last half of the final episode... It was difficult...

4. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Just finished Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, and damn that final episode really hit me! I should re-watch it when I have the time. Moving on to airing shows like The Perfect Insider, I've heard that is meant to be an interesting watch.

Sytoplasma and Hawxx like this.
  5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

got done with Another.

hooooly fuck now was that a ride of a show.

SirDangalang likes this.
  6. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

wow I thought you died (p.s. I overtook you on osu! :^^^^))))))

Started Kuroko no Basuke, I guess it's pretty cool, nothing stands out too much atm though.

SirDangalang likes this.
  7. KnB is awesome. It, unlike many other anime, gets better as the seasons progress. The rollercoaster of the Kagami and Kuroko friendship is just great, the whole anime is awesome and badass while implementing that competitive feel, worth the time. Another cool one is Hajime No Ippo (boxing), old yet hilarious and undeniably kickass.

Sytoplasma likes this.
  8. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

My anime favorites are Gosick and Fortune Arterial.

Gosick, as mentioned earlier is a detective / Romance / Humour. For me I liked how you had to think etc. kinda glad it wasn't as scary... I'm not good at that stuff.

Fortune Arterial is Romance / Vampires / Highschool / Humour

This one if my all time favorite, basically about a boy who goes to a school where there's a couple of Vampies (my name for vampires), and he makes friends, discovers the history behind a couple of people and why people are what they are etc. pre good, very numerous,

9. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Oh, I know HnI, that was my first sports anime, it has been stuck mysteriously on my backlog for a while now, it's even rated a 10 from me, the anime is fucking amazing, I need to watch the last 15 episodes soon.

Sytoplasma likes this.
  10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

No posts since the 14th? I must remedy this.

Anyone here seen Rokka no Yuusha? If you haven't, I highly recommend it. 12 episodes, the show pretends to be a generic fantasy story about a demon invasion, then quickly becomes something entirely different.

Saying too much would be a crime, so I'll leave it at that. If you have free time and are even slightly intrigued you should check it out.

11. Yagger

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  12. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

The way it kicks off is amazing :D really do enjoy the main character's style :B):
    Ditto on the recommend :rekt:

13. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Rokka no Yuusha was a good summer watch! Unfortunately, no season 2 though. Even though it was a popular anime, it really lacked in DVD sales etc. Similar to an anime called Gangsta.
    Anyways, I have been watching Steins;Gate, and Shinmai Maou no Testament(as well as the airing anime).

SirDangalang, Galen and Yagger like this.
  14. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Fixed it for you, now kiss my feet

15. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Without a second season, Rokka no Yuusha is not worth watching. It's shizz' in the first place.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  16. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I entirely understand your dislike for it. A lot of people thought it was too obvious how it would end, and more yet complained about the ending, or lack thereof. I'm not the brightest crayon in the bunch, though, so I didn't figure it out until very late, and thus that aspect of the show was very satisfying.

As far as the ending, I basically just chose to overlook it because I enjoyed the main body of the show.

I summary: I understand why some people think it's bad, but in my mind, compared to 90% of shows coming out recently, it's a breath of fresh air.

AmestriStephen likes this.
  17. Yagger

I have this autistic fix where I can watch a show and its 10/10 main course, but an ending can make me just drop it instantly even if there's like 1 episode left. Probably why I haven't finished Aldnoah S2 and really disliked Guilty Crowns ending.

18. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

I think what really sold it for me was that I really thought it was going to follow some generic team of multiple talents fights big bad and out of nowhere it became Umineko no Naku Koro ni. ::P:

19. Lawrence_Shagsworth

SirDangalang likes this.
  20. Yagger

You shits made me watch Rokka no Yuusha until 2 am right now, and I have class at 9am. Decent show, needs S2 to finish the meme.

maura
    nache bunny girl
    adlet
    hans
    goldov
    chamot
    flamie

SirDangalang likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi