1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Where's that Boku no Academia and Shingeki no Kyojin hype? Or did one of your favorite characters already die. =/
    [​IMG]

2. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Kazaco97 likes this.
  3. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Is anyone here watching The King's Avatar (Quan Zhi Gao Shou)?

It's Chinese produced and focused on professional mmo players, with the focus on the main character's rise back into fame after events that happen forcing him to leave the competitive scene

What I really found refreshing is that it focuses more on the players irl rather than the character they play like in so many Game orientated anime.

Definitely recommend, I wouldn't say it's a ten but it's a must watch for sure :)

Fuzzle and Kazaco97 like this.
  4. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

REAL anime is Japanese
    jk

SirDangalang likes this.
  5. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Haha, I just find it hilarious how edgy it is. If you do like OP main characters, I would recommend it though.

SirDangalang likes this.
  6. TheBloodOfNight

TheBloodOfNight Base Burner

I thought its Korean :D

7. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Could you provide a source on that? just kidding :p

I'm really enjoying BnHA. Bones is doing a great job with it, again. I'd enjoy SnK more if there were more than 12 episodes . . . Also this season, Little Witch Academia is fun. I love the Studio Trigger art style. The hype levels are pretty moderate though, compared to their previous works (e.g. Kill la Kill).

Kazaco97 likes this.
  8. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Oh shit new anime coming to Netflix July 7th. Castlevania just got animated.

SirDangalang likes this.
  9. Lawrence_Shagsworth

10. Yeah it's pretty great.
    From new manga series I also strongly recommend Dr Stone. Sub 20 chapters out atm and it gets better with every each one.

11. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Went to see In This Corner of the World at local cinema recently. Was a good watch.
    Started reading Kimetsu no Yaiba, Made in Abyss, and JoJo.

an_obamanation likes this.
  12. l3afysamz

l3afysamz Ballista Bolt Thrower

yes, this( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

an_obamanation likes this.
  13. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

14. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Awful.png Dragon ball super awful animation.png

Dragon ball supers animation has gone to hell in the recent episode. This happens at a point in the episode where there's 10 straight seconds of 4 frame animation that looks like this. I especially like Caulifla's lack of face in the second image, gives her a nice spiderman look.

No face.png

l3afysamz likes this.
  15. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

The caulifla and goku fight was my most anticipated fight and when i saw the animations that you pointed out, i was so pissed. When the animation is done correctly, dragon ball super looks amazing but with this type of new animation its clearly obvious how they can cut corners and be lazy with it as well. Heck there was an article like maybe 2 weeks ago from kotaku showing how they've been using similar animations from previous episodes. I sometimes wish dragon ball super had that dragon ball z styled animation. wu5jjkv0uqu8fpijyl9z.gif

Here is the kotaku article... http://kotaku.com/recent-dragon-ball-super-episode-featured-some-familiar-1796634204

16. l3afysamz

l3afysamz Ballista Bolt Thrower

17. SirDangalang

If anyone has not seen the movie "Redline" I really recommend you do especially if you are a fan of Madhouse.

The action is so bombastic behind a epic soundtrack with ludarcris animations. You can see that the long lead time they needed for production really paid off. :B)::thumbs_up:

Shame it didn't make big waves on its release it seems especially with being a original piece of work with no source material. ::(:

l3afysamz likes this.
  18. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Anyone with a pulse has seen and or heard of Redline man.

19. SirDangalang

I hope so, I usually live under a rock so I still have a massive backlog when it comes to anime. Like currently I'm watching Hunter X Hunter haha ::P:
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 29, 2017 ---
    Just watched the anime movie "Your Name" for the first time since my local cinema was screening it. :B):

The feels guys, HOW DO I HANDLE THE FEELS? :QQ:

I potentially enjoy my romance way too much sometimes
    :smug:

FuzzyBlueBaron and l3afysamz like this.
  20. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

By watching it again. And again, and again, and again. And then maybe again.

Mods: BlueLuigi