1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I finished watching Madoka Magica recently, I liked it. It's different than other ones.

Well, I watch One Piece, that is still ongoing and it has 550 (ish) episodes so far. It will take some determination to punch through the slow start, as it will get going around episodes 50 and so. It's about pirates who happily go chasing a treasure, but it will have dark undertones that include, but not limited to: racial intolerance, corruption, greed, murder, torture.

2. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

boku no pico

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

My friend brought that something something Madoka show over and we watched like the whole thing in one sitting. Wasn't as out there as I had been lead to believe, but it was fun. Also I really gotta commend whoever the art director is. The witch areas were very fresh.

But I would have liked to see a darker ending. These epic magnitude you are the chosen one the whole universe time and space kill and/or become god endings cheapen the whole thing for me. It was an alright ending but with all the rules they were letting the show break with the rest of the plot they had so much potential to do more.

4. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

AND THEN THE THREE WAS LIKE AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

xChapx likes this.
  5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

fuck yeah boku no pico, loved the ending.

Madoka was awesome too :<

>w< Magical girls!

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I could never really get into the Magical Girl genre. The only Magical Girl show I enjoyed was Card Captor Sakura. I haven't watched Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica because of that, although I'm guess it's almost a sin that I haven't.

Which reminds me, I still haven't watched Neon Genesis Evangelion....

That also reminds, if you guys want to watch something that's just strange, I'd suggest Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge.
    The show makes as much sense as this clip:

7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If I can get some software for streaming we should stream some anime, I've got some that should work out in short bursts, like of course FLCL and such short animes.

8. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Zero No Tsukaima, definately the best Anime of all time.

(That's; The Familiar of Zero, just in case you didn't know...)

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Nah, Zero is okay, but there have been better. The manga is better, but that's usually the case for shows that have been adapted from a manga.
    If you simply enjoy it for the ecchi, To-Love-Ru is higher tier (though not really my thing)
    If comedic romance is the thing you are after, Hayate the Combat Butler has it beat there.

That said, I still did enjoy Zero No Tsukaima.

10. Contrary

Familiar of Zero is probably one of my favourite animes. Terrible guilty pleasure. Though like pretty much every other show ever I feel like they escalated the plot too much. They should have just smoozed around the school more, Louise learning more magic and Saitoh getting in awkward situations and way later they should be doing serious stuff like fighting wars.

11. jack65553

jack65553 Shipwright

your a bitch anime rocks
    </br>--- merged: Oct 16, 2012 11:51 AM ---</br>
    you have to check out ouran high school host club and vampire knight i :heart: them both XD:p

12. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

Anime does rock.
    I have already watched Ouran High School Host Club, I might check out Vampire Night later, thanks. Currently I'm watching Dream Eater Merry though.

13. Ivy

Ivy Shopkeep Stealer

My favorite animes :
    • Gankutsuou : Le Comte de Monte Christo
    • Monster
    • Haibane Renmei : Les Ailes Grises
    • Serial Experiments Lain
    • Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji
    • Code Geass
    • Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
    • Card Captor Sakura
    • Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    • Hen Zemi
    • Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei : Adieu Professeur Désespoir
    • One Piece
    In addition, Naoki Urasawa, the creator of Monster, is probably the best Mangaka I've read.

14. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

15. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

boo black rock shooter is better

16. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Come on guys, we all know Kiss x Sis and High School of the Dead are better than every anime.

17. Contrary

I think that HotD is legitimately a really cool show. Some of the absolute best art and animation I've seen in anime and the writing was pretty strong as well, with good pacing and some fairly cool characters. I laugh every time that nerd guy goes into crazy serious gun mode. It did have the gratuitous and unnecessary fan service which kinda ruined the experience for a lot of people, but if you can look past that it's a great show. And if you like that stuff, well even better.

18. Skurcey

Skurcey Catapult Fodder

Mirai Niki: Insane and creepy
    Sword art online: About people that get stuck in a MMORPG (season 1 not finished)
    Mushishi: one of the best and fresh anime
    Last exile: steam punk

19. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

does no one like .hack any more?

20. GoodleShoes

GoodleShoes Catapult Fodder

I'd say maybe Kino's Journey if you're a fan of adventure. Kimi ni Todoke if you like Shojo, Hajime no Ippou for action. If you like series that are currently airing, try Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I'm more of a manga fan personally, though a lot of anime is great.

Mods: BlueLuigi