1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Announcing King Arthur's Gold Single Sign-On and Garanis' Projects

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FliesLikeABrick, Sep 11, 2012.

1. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey everyone,
    While there haven't been many updates to KAG itself over the past month or two, interesting things are coming on the infrastructure and API side. Here is one that is nearing completion: King Arthur's Gold Single Sign-On (SSO).
    This is a side project that Teemo has been working on with us, which allows users to safely sign into certain community sites with their King Arthur's Gold game account. The site never is given your password, as you are logging into the King Arthur's Gold servers and giving the 3rd party site a "token" to authenticate you with.
    The first community site to make use of this is Garanis' Server Browser, an awesome project which provides an enhanced server browser (gaining new features every week) and buddy list functionality, by making great use of the King Arthur's Gold API.
    This post is to let community developers know that this SSO feature will soon be available to any site who wants to use it, and to let the community at large know that it is safe to use this mechanism to log into other sites even though it does not look like something official (yet).
    For users, here is what you need to know: it is safe to log into a site like Garanis' Server Browser with your KAG account as long as the address in the log in window starts with https://sso.kag2d.com.
    If you are a community developer interested in using KAG SSO in your site, please PM me on the forums and I will work with Teemo to get you set up as soon as possible. The feature is still in development and when it is officially done and supported I will make another post about it. Here are the features planned:
    • lightweight SSO or OAuth2
    • The lightweight SSO will be done first and offer SSO via a redirect to and from our login form on sso.kag2d.com, and an API call to verify the token and retrieve account information
    • With the token verification API call, you can have access to the user's e-mail address (if the user allows it) and other account information (which is already public now, but this saves an API call)
    • OAuth2 SSO standard - details on this implementation will come at some point.
    We are also planning on supporting API-side buddy lists at some point, but for now there are great tools in the works like Garanis buddy list functionality.
    I'll be trying to post some more over the next week or two about more planned API features and other improvements we are making in the infrastructure that supports KAG, as this next release will really be a hell of a thing.
    Ryan/FliesLikeABrick

2. Beepo

Beepo Asian Faggot Donator
    1. Delta Force - Delta

This is cool! I could actually join a server without opening the game =D It's kinda like click on the status signature thingy =P

CrystalClear likes this.
  3. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Seems neat! One of those little bonus that I didn't even know I wanted until now.

4. trot888

trot888 Bison Rider

awesome, Never thought about this, opening a server without opening a game :).

5. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

it's a forced "feature" in battlefield 3 and a huge pain in the butt. it actually sounds a lot cooler as an option, though, especially with a developer behind it making improvements all the time.

6. Steve_Of_Future

Steve_Of_Future Catapult Fodder

Awesome thank you for this :D

7. garanis

garanis Shark Slayer

Yeah, the BF3 thing sucks, and it was part of the inspiration for making this thing.

thebonesauce likes this.
  8. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Did it say in-game buddy lists?! :D Finally!

Digger101, Lord_bugg and Beepo like this.
  9. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Love it!
    5 minutes ago I was in the website of Garanis,and I logged in the "new thing" xD
    One of the bests things on KAG is the API,it is really good.
    If i knew PHP,i would do something for my server,but idk :(
    So i need someone's help

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

There seems to be a small bug when you go from the KAG Stats tab (which is pretty cool!) to either the Account tab or the Buddies tab.
    You get an error page like this:
    Not Found

The requested URL /graphs/buddies.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at kag.ques.to Port 80
    It only happens with that one instance.

11. garanis

garanis Shark Slayer

Thanks. I'll fix that tonight.

12. sounds cool just to be able to log in to a server without launching kag and going threw all the file process, yet is it easier to go in kag?

13. Awesomec

Awesomec Shark Slayer

Thanks FLAB and Teemo, this is great! Hopefully we'll see some awesome community sites soon. :D

14. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

This is going to be cool.

15. whatever1works

whatever1works Drill Rusher

I think this is a great idea, i checked it out and everything works fine, but when I try access KAG from the website i get this message (attached). I don't know if it's because i use a mac, or what. It also says my client is out of date and I'll have to update it manually, although I don't know what this means :D Yep ima noob Problem.png Problem.png

16. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yea, blame MacOS. :p

17. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Not sure, but try using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome.

18. whatever1works

whatever1works Drill Rusher

Firefox did practically the same thing as safari , and Chrome couldn't even load the site. :QQ:

19. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester