1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Any good survival games out there?

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Mechios, Oct 10, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    Suess and Fate like this.
  2. Mechios

Mechios Ballista Bolt Thrower

It's been a while since i replied, but that doesn't mean i don't watch this thread, eh?

I tried it, and i think it's nice and all, but in order to play this game you have to study like a student for his exam.
    It's not bad, thou, but it's sadly nothing i would play for hours.

I mentioned Project Zomboid earlier, and already buyd it too, but i wouldn't say it's something i would rate as "good" just as "refreshing".
    It maybe tries to be a survival game, but spawn glitches make it very hard to enjoy it. Maybe i should mention that there isn't just one spawn glitch.

I also played through How to Survive, and just all my nopes are given.
    Yes, it's worth 10€/$, but it has no content to constantly play this game, and no real difficult at all in my opinion.
    But yeah, as long as you play blind through singleplayer, it's something you can realy enjoy.

And with State of Defency i guess you mean "State of Decay"? It was also mentionened before.

I think it's a refreshing game and nice to play if you're bored, but the hard part of the game for me is to stay motivated to play it as long as possible.

For example my current progress:
    [​IMG]
    In my opinion nothing for the thirst of survival, but still a nice little game. Thanks!

3. Mani

Mani Shipwright

I just finished this game. Very addictive.

4. Krux

Krux Shipwright

stranded

Graver likes this.
  5. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I'm imagining the text in the game is narrated in the same way as Bastion. Makes the game a lot better than it already is.

Sponncx likes this.
  6. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Starbound
    Rust

EDIT: Forgot to say, but Rust is currently unplayable - extereme pvp and raiding will make you die before even lack of resources would do.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  7. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Hah! Starbound. Not really a survival game. Having hunger and warmth bars doesn't make it a survival game. It is way too easy for that. It's an exploration game.

8. Khaleesi

Khaleesi Mother of Dragons Donator
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

There were a few Games released in Steam these Days like: Rust, 7 Days to Die, DayZ

J-man2003 likes this.
  9. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Yeah. DayZ Standalone just got released.

10. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Rust, it's a only-multiplayer survival in which your biggest fear are other players.

11. primal-gamer

primal-gamer Shipwright

Unturned I guess?

12. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

The KAG vote kick system is a pretty good survival game. You can't win at it though, you always die at some point.

Konoko, blackjoker77777 and J-man2003 like this.
  13. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

TOO TRUE

Mods: BlueLuigi