1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Any interest in hosting a English speaking UK/Euro teamwork server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnRK, Feb 12, 2012.

1. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Just wanted to throw out an idea of having a server for people that know the game a little better (which might obviously get a little subjective and heated but could well be worth it) or for new guys that are actually open to learning the game. People who aren't willing to work as a team, or respond to reasonable constructive criticism about something elementary will not be welcome, i.e. someone minecrafting at base would be told otherwise, if they were unresponsive or gave you any backchat they would be kicked, generally not a kickable offence on most servers. I'd just like to see a server where you can get a decent amount of players together that know the game, or take an interest in leaning it from people that do, and one that might get a reputation for having good teamwork, which will hopefully become a popular model and other servers might adopt such a policy, plenty servers hosting games that rely on teamwork will kick players not willing to meaningfully participate. Also it would be nice to have a European English speaking server, as you generally have to go forcing your language on the French/German/Polish ones, and quite rightfully they shouldn't be expected to know what your on about alot of the time. A list of basic rules for me would be:

• No grieving/hacking
    • All players must speak English, but may talk in other languages
    • All players must be willing to work as a team
    • Continued pointless flaming will result in a kick, if you've got a complaint to make be try and be civil about it
    • New players are welcome, but if you don't know how to build DON'T, play archer or knight and watch and learn
    • Have fun and don't be a whiney little bitch if your team lose
    I'm sure this is all probably highly idealistic, but I just wanna know if anyone might have any interest in sorting a server like this out, or any comments generally.

2. prostosuper

prostosuper Haxor

The idea is good, but you will give it up, eventually. Really, don't bother yourself with this. Probably, it's possible to create such server in reality, but AnRK, it's KAG: it's a game. Many kids play this game. Kids like griefing and fooling around, while more mature players build sane structures. So, yes, you could have a secret password on your server and share it only with people, whom you trust. But generally, it's a pain in the arse.

3. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

What your neglecting is what prostosuper said. Most younger people enjoy screwing up stuff. Even if you have a super secret password which you share with only those you trust, one of them will betray. But if you could pull this off it would be literally perfect.

4. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

To be honest I'd be pretty kick and ban happy and would hope that'd deal with it. I'd like to think that you could keep it open but just make sure plenty of trusted people could admin it, I wouldn't be too adverse to keeping it offline when it's not been admined really, if you could have a server which was only online when good games are played you'd keep a good reputation.

The way I see it alot of people in alot of servers want a better game then they're having. Out of 10 people on an average server I'd say 3 know what they're doing well enough to be part of a half decent team - a varying amount will be a cunt to worse/new players, 2 will know a few things -one of them is probably a Dick, 3 won't know much - 1 will be willing to learn, the other 2 think they've already learnt everything, 1 will be totally clueless - and will think they know what they're doing/be minecrafting more pointlessly then anyone else is/if your lucky might listen to some advice, and the last guy will be a griever. Out of that and how many people are playing that speak English there should be enough for a decent game.