1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Aphelion's Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Aphelion, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shambls

Shambls Tree Planter

I was banned for random killing.

Don't care much about that because it was an honest mistake but was blown a little out of proportion cause someone griefed the elves and I was blamed for it. There was no evidence but this brings up the question how can you stop people from griefing with fire arrows? (obviously one should build with stone but if your RPing....)

The RK rule is very black and white I understand why its there but maybe do something similar to the diplomacy system only have allied or at war. Even better you can't hurt someone unless they are at war that would make far more sense then you can just get rid of the rule all together.

Either way how long is the ban?

2. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I believe about 10 minutes. Maybe more. I'm not sure.

3. Shambls

Shambls Tree Planter

cool thanks

4. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

No problem. Do you know the name of the admin on duty?

5. Shambls

Shambls Tree Planter

no, it was like maybe an hour ago.

6. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I suggest to limit killing, that if you're not in war, an automatic freezing function is turned on, freezing the person who did the attacking, and send a global message so admin can see it, that says "So and so was attacking out of war and frozen" and then if you press like a specific button, it'll instantly teleport them to the frozen player.

This will limit attacking and killing outside of war.

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

So if you're neutral with another clan, killing two of their members would freeze that person for 10 seconds and spit out a message saying "So-and-so might be RKing!"

However, this should only happen if an admin is online. If they aren't then it'll get annoying as nobody can unfreeze you for those 10 seconds.

8. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That could work, or limit it where the freeze works on a person once every 10 minutes, and the freeze itself lasts a few seconds or a minute and sends them a message only they can see that says "If not in war, don't attack anyone" (then unfreezes them) and if they continue to do it (and an admin not on) it will then ban them if they do it 4 or 5 times.

9. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

What if someone's griefing your castle, and you want to stop them? And of course there isn't an admin on.
    Also, the rules say you can ask someone to leave your territory, and if they don't comply you can kill them.

10. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

With the modding ability I'm sure it can be scripted in to where if someone has a base, the inside of the base allows you to hurt the players inside of it, when not on your team.

Say it's scripted that if the blocks are connected to a door, anything inside of the doors is scripted to disallow the auto freezing? Thus allowing you to attack if they don't leave.

Secondly, same concept but for griefing, possibly based on IP. If that IP made it and someone else is breaking it, it sends a message to the admin to let them know, and can teleport them to the griefer. If no admin is on, then it is like it is and has to be based on kicking them out.

11. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Well, what if I make a small hut inside a mountain. They can just walk in and I can't do anything?

12. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If the door is the trigger for the script, I'd say they could even make a mountain hut work the same way, where the empty spaces on the inside of the door, turns the script on. But if it only works with blocks and a door, then people will learn to build blocks inside of the mountain.

13. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

ANGEL BEATS! :D :D :D
    wow TK such boss "I'll be back"

14. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Well, I went on, and Klokinator (an admin, no less) greifed humans base, as in he actually leveled everything, then just said 'lol' when I called him out, and Aphelion froze me. Then, my friend and I were on a boat, and crawfish decided that we were having more than the regulation amount of fun, and came down, picked our warboat up, and threw it on land, twice, then refused to respond to anyone. The second time, he threw it ONTO someones base, RKing about 5 people, and completely destroying the entire base. The admin races (of which there are 3 that I counted, almost as many regular player races) are all invincible, and many of them are way buffed, and can't be declared war on. The admins refuse to ban anyone, or take action unless something was done directly to them, which means that even throwing them a sideways glance will earn you a freeze and them threatening you. I watched a speedhacker whip around literally 5 or 6 blocks away form like 4 admins, multiple times, I might add, and they did literally nothing to deal with it. The admins also join the pony race, and fly players up to the MLP island in the sky, which would be okay, if it wasn't walled off from the rest of the map. GG, bad server, it should really just go away.
    Is this shit gonna be KAGs Saigns, with donating for admins, and idiot 10 year olds abusing the shit out of it?

15. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Donating for admin? Me freezing you? Bull fucking shit. I mean, all of this is full of lies.

So, I'll just say, Cool story bro.

16. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

You did freeze me, multiple times, and you did the same to my friends.
    Also, I've heard you say to more than one person that if they donated they'd get a custom head and admin access.

17. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

You can send money to aphelionkag@live.com via PayPal. By donating $5 USD or more you can receive VIP status.

After donating $5 or more please post here with a picture showing that you have donated.

All donations go to the upkeep of the servers.
    VIP Benefits:
    • Ability to join the server when full
    • Can request a custom head
    • Cannot be ping kicked

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I can't speak for all the rest of that, but yes I did grief the base that I alone (Nobody but me, mind you) spent 30 minutes building (Sometimes I just want to make things collapse). I gave ample warnings and people were spamming nextmap like there was no tomorrow and sure enough, not even 15 seconds after I collapsed my structure the votes passed and we went to the next map.

I froze a guy because he asked me to do it (Idk why) and he was also bugging me the whole time about getting an admin position. Personally I just get on roleplay to build, and in this case collapse (I've never done that before and had anyone contributed anythin to the structure that I alone had built, I wouldn't have done so.) and if I see someone griefing, I freeze them and ask what they're doing. I freeze so I can discuss the situation calmly and then determine a course of action, not because I'm power hungry or whatever else. I can't speak for the other admins though, whatever they do has nothing to do with me. And to be honest with as many admins as we have that were hired in such a short time with barely any screening, I wouldn't be shocked if there was some abuse going around.

You are also the first person in like, Idk, 10 pages(?) to actually name admin names for abuse. Everyone else just says "admins abuse like crazy" and never give out specific names which does nothing for us, so props for that.

I guarantee donating does not make you an admin lol.

P.S. I have no idea if Aph froze you or not but based on the number of times I've played with him, I can tell you that I freeze people at least 50x more than he does, and I barely even do it. It could have easily been one of the other two admins that were on at that time (Unless the log explicitly said "Freezeid ### Aphelion" or something.)

19. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

@Klokinator
    The Person spamming nextmap was trolling, it only passed because you collapsed our base. Also, on an RP server, if you are on a team, and build a building around their fortress, and they take it and build on to it, like thye did, collapsing it is greifing, because at that point it's not yours anymore, it belongs to them team, it's become their spawn.
    Also, I'm done, I getting keyboard warrior-y

20. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I froze you/friends because you and your friends kept stomping/shooting me when we were allied. In no way does that relate to "Well, I went on, and Klokinator (an admin, no less) greifed humans base, as in he actually leveled everything, then just said 'lol' when I called him out, and Aphelion froze me. " that's the bullshit part.

VIP != Admin, simple logic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.