1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Aphelion's Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Aphelion, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyCarnage

DonnyCarnage Catapult Fodder

Aphelion, your admins are terrible. The pony skins ruin the game and whenever you're not around they abuse powers horribly. Yesterday 5 people received 1 week bans for complaining about ponies.

Your mods are incredible but this pony shit really needs to not be part of it

2. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

Aphelion abuses admin also. He did the exact same things to me. Just quit playing this server it is not worth it.

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I think there needs to be some definition of "admin abuse" here. Do you mean that they're going around destroying structures, horribly messing with people, freezing people willy nilly for no reason at all, and otherwise being complete and utter assholes, or do you mean that they're using their elevated abilities to mess around a little bit? People scream admin abuse all the time and that's a serious accusation, but if it's just an admin messing around a little bit on a server that has no penalties for death in any way then it's not admin abuse, it's admins fucking around.

While this sounds extremely bad, I'm not seeing a context here. What does "complaining about ponies" even mean? Did someone say "I don't like the ponies" and then BAM ONE WEEK BAN? Or did they say something like "PONIES ARE FUCKING STUPID AND I HOPE APHELION EATS SHIT AND DIES" (As I have seen people do, by the way. I'm looking at you, recent trolls in this topic.) because if that's the case, a ban is fine in my opinion and warranted. One week is a bit extreme though (I reserve that for griefing personally) but then again, how do you know it was one week? Did they outright say one week?

A lot of assumptions can be drawn and I hope in the future you will include a little more information and screenshots when accusing people of things. Naming names also helps. If you see an admin abusing, then saying "an admin was abusing" does not help at all but saying "klokinator was abusing and here's a screenshot" does help and in fact with multiple screenshots in a row gives context to the abuse. Slap F12 and you'll be more believable and save everyone a lot of grief.

By the way, my personal opinion is also that the ponies are the stupidest thing ever and I'd prefer just having the ability to fly as archer/builder/knight, so don't assume that I'm aggressively fighting back to protect my "precious ponies" because if they were removed tomorrow I would not give a shit.

4. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

At least when is say Admin Abuse, I mean an Admin freezing/muting me for having an opinion on something, like ponies, or when I'm doing something, and the admins comes in, destroys what I'm doing/punishes me for doing what I'm doing without asking what I'm doign or telling em what I'm doing wrong.

5. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

A freeze is not a punishment. I also doubt everything you're saying, Klok's post pretty much covers everything.

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This depends on
    As for this...

You said "doing" so many times that I'm beginning to think your vocabulary consists of 12 words. What does "doing" even mean in this context. Are you "doing" bad things or good things? Do you have screenshots of what you were "doing" since you seem unable to describe it in coherent start-to-end english?

7. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I feel accomplished knowing that I had a special word filter made for a few of us.

(Crawfish still sucks at trying to grab me mid game and stick me in the admin pit)

8. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Alright ladies you can stop now. Feel free to continue this in a civilized manner through PM's.

edit by Downburst: We are not here to babysit on you guys. Stop acting like 10 year olds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

As it turns, the elf team stopped giving a fuck, and went all wizard, and destroyed everything because nobody would listen to the term "GET OFF MY LAND", after the Elves voted neutrality towards the Dwarves and Orcs (who were warring ON ELF LAND, and proceeded to DESTROY, PILLAGE, and IGNORE WARNINGS).
    War broke out, and the rest involved a lot of destruction with no admin intervention to conclusively stop the wars.
    The Elves, Humans, and Dwarves had no base because of the ensuing wizardry, and violence.
    Orcs remained to have a passable husk of a base, but that was because the battlefield became the Dwarven Territories.

I think someone needs to hurry on the Admin ability to force Diplomacy, and to make it painfully clear what Neutrality and Rule 2 mean.
    Probably weaken terrain damage by wizards, too.

The best part was when the dwarves were held back to their spawn point by about 30+ magic orbs.

The best place to be would be in the sky lands, for no one really cares about whomever's up there,
    A better place to be would be pony island, it actually has admin supervision.

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah I feel like the basic orb being half as strong as a bomb when it comes to terrain damage is fairly broken. Bomb orbs, absolutely make them damage terrain, but not the regular orbs. Plus the regular orbs damage allied shops when you click to buy things as a wizard. Bad.

11. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Same issue as a knight when buying things.

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Except that the knight doesn't deal damage to a friendly shop so it's not an issue. The archer has a charge time before firing (Something I keep advocating for on the mage, by the way) so a single click won't fire an arrow. If the mage had a charge time too then this'd never happen.

13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

They do, it's called a stab.

14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The knight doesn't harm a friendly shop though. I've tested this out before. You can stab a knight shop as many times as you want and it won't be harmed.

Other nearby blocks though, those might be vulnerable.

15. Exactly what admin are you talking about? As for me I've never given anything more then a 1 day ban after several warnings.

16. Slojanko

Slojanko Shopkeep Stealer

I have no Idea who would do that. If people are going to scream 'Abusive Admins' then at least add a name to it. And a screenshot too.

17. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Klok you lying harlot, I've played the game today, and there is still allied entity destruction.

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Allied, or own team? I speak only about a blue guy buying bombs from a blue knight shop. Not a blue guy from an allied green team.

19. Boea

Boea Such Beta

That's what an allied team is, not your own.

20. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.