1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Aphelion's Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Aphelion, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I liked the drill though. I would drill for resources and then fly around, spreading free stone to all worthy builders.

2. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah, but there is no need to have fun added for the players, if it's an admin thing. It's not like they will be using the ponies anyway. That only works, if they would actually be using it.

3. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

It entirely ruins the atmosphere though, seeing a giant obnoxious pony sprite fly around amongst elves, humans, dwarves and orcs...

It's not really an RP server anymore at that point.

4. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

YES, YES, YES
    Also, Thiamor, I'm not complaining about ponies because I don't like ponies, but because giving admins a race that consists of giant fuck-off sprites which are styled completely differently from anything else in the game removes the admins from the same plane as other players, and makes them far less focused on actually admin-ing. Also, it really bothers me just how big the an area of the map is blocked off specifically for admins and their giant fuck-off sprites.

5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I already suggested angels, and It got shot down by aphelion instantly. Let's face it, there will be ponies...::(:

6. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

No, it was not shot down by me.

Though I am against it for the reason that I already spent alot of time making Ponies.

7. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

All you'd have to do is change the graphics. I highly doubt your code will break, just because you decide to change the graphics of the pony and leave everything else the same, unless the code itself is connected to the actual graphics, thus meaning you have to redo it all, which I doubt.

8. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You don't really know what you're talking about, and don't question my decisions.

Ponies are not going to be removed, I spend my time making the mod, it costs me money to run the server, I can do what I want, thank you.

Not for a moment does anyone think about the time I have put into my mod, my server. So, if you don't like something, Deal With It or stop playing.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  9. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

I've no qualms with not playing on your servers. I just wish someone else had an RP mod.

You might as well just rename your servers to "Aphelion's Ponyville"

10. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Players don't necessarily decide what comes and goes, I'm the creator of the mod I decide, now stop being a selfish shit and take the time to think about the effort I've put into my server.

11. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

I respect that you've put effort in it, and i'm not telling you to do anything. I'm only saying that i disapprove of what the mod has become, and i won't play there anymore. Take it as you will, but i meant no offense.

12. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Players do control the game, if noone plays, there is no game. That being said, his point about you alienating non-bronies was valid, and still is valid, as long as he doesn't throw insults around.

13. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I've been defending you having ponies, but this comment alone, seems a tad bit petty.

You may put work into your mods, but how you're wording your post, about something so simple as a pony system, makes it out like you put more work on your server than any other modder, and yet you don't see every modder who works hard making such seemingly rude posts when people question them in a public place.

I actually enjoy seeing the ponies, I only suggest ideas when I see a larger amount of people discussing the same over all thing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 22, 2014, Original Post Date: Jan 22, 2014 ---
    You're implying admin don't need their own area with that post, though. Given the size of the map not counting the blocked off area, all players have enough room as it stands, thus an admin only area doesn't really hurt anyone and allows them to build their own stuff without getting in the way.

14. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I believe the Changelog shows.

Now, I'm just frustrated that (the same) people keep complaining about the same thing. So, the answer is no, they will not be removed, so please stop talking about it. I don't mean to say I don't care about the opinions of the players.

This is highly irrelevant to the discussion of my server, consider PMing him instead.

15. Boea

Boea Such Beta

It would be neat if the admin space was used to expand the size of the player space, maybe return the troll race, too.
    There'd be less neck and neck border issues.

16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah, understandable. They could be suggesting things on here that could help players, and not focus on stuff they can't even use anyway.

17. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I just don't understand much point for there to be a place that admins can go to, and ignore the entire server below them.
    Issues generally crop up when people of non-admin races are brought there, and they are allowed to build there. (Especially since you can share allied tunnels :v) (Especially because of orbital bombardment)
    The most useful thing about the island would be more resources and space on the server, and the fact that it has a bedrock prison... which is only useful against frozen people.

The ponies, they are an eyesore, and their grab offsets are weird to say the least.
    Their abilities can be absorbed into an omnipotent, generic class, or four of them. (Each one being an admin version of the normal classes)
    What makes them special are apparently the sprites, and Aphe's investment into them, which isn't much.

18. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Though given you know he'll not change it, we all (ALL) should end up suggesting other ideas, player ideas.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 22, 2014, Original Post Date: Jan 22, 2014 ---
    I kind of suggest a wheelbarrow so knights can toss items like more than one keg into it, and push it across the map. While it'd not add too much to the RP environment, it'd add a bit to it, and more to when they actually go into war.

19. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

Nice hypocrisy, yo.

20. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I am selfish because I as the owner of my servers refuse to remove a certain piece of content? I think not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.