1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Aphelion's Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Aphelion, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyCarnage

DonnyCarnage Catapult Fodder

This. This is absolute bullshit.

As an RP server, someone switching teams should NOT be an issue. Especially since the teams are usually pretty unbalanced, team-switching should be free-form.
    But there's plenty you could do. Are the admins/devs going to? No, they'll add more poorly balanced classes like Mage, and focus on getting all of those VALUABLE pony skins into the game.

This mod shows incredible potential! However, it's being run into the ground by terrible staff and a complete lack of good moderation tools, which, with some effort, could be easily implemented.

And on the topic of RP: Every time I've seen roleplay reach a climax- one situation where a border dispute broke out in violence, and another where two teams built a statue and were sabotaged by a third party- all excellent situations for this game- each time, a FUCKING PONY swooped the fuck in and started screaming about how they needed to "make peace NOW"

The admins are bogging these servers down. The players can easily votekick anyone, the map can be reset by the players, all the tools the players need to have a good time are IN THEIR OWN HANDS.

Yet they still have to deal with cutie-marked tools that keep them from having a good time.

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh yes, so poorly balanced. I'll mention that I did put a post in the social forum about a rebalance but it's not even that drastic because mages are actually balanced very WELL. People don't know how to use spacebar though, just like people who play archer and spam arrows from 10 miles away and don't try helping their knights.

3. DonnyCarnage

Klok how about you respond to the part about the admins being shit

Because that's the bulk of the post

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Lol you got banned for being a griefer so I don't exactly expect a lack of bias on your part. Curiously I was the one who banned you too.

5. Shambls

Shambls Tree Planter

I like Klok's last posts.

I want to say more but im going to have a look at the social forum.

6. DonnyCarnage

Seriously I have yet to see evidence of this

You posted a screencap earlier that I didn't have perms for, link to imgur or something

But it's completely fucking obvious that all roleplay and (spoiler)FUN fell apart when the "magic island of abusive bronies" was introduced

7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

@DonnyCarnage you MUST supply names of the admins that are abusing their powers. I for one, when I am on just let border disputes and killing work itself out. The only time I interfere is when one team is being incredibly abusive and won't stop attacking another team after the first team I mentioned had clearly won. Then I'll step in. The only other time I step in is when people are griefing. Whether you have griefed or not, I don't currently know.

8. DonnyCarnage

Literally everybody with a pony skin has jammed their equine dick into roleplay situations with regularity.

I'm not the only person complaining about this. Klok can plug his ears all he wants, but the level of admin intervention that currently occurs in the game, paired with roleplay-ruining-ponies, is running it into the ground.

If someone else nabbed this mod and made a server running it, I would spring at the opportunity to join it. The mod is being ruined by the people in charge of taking care of it.

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Lol I keep saying that if ponies were removed completely I would not cry even for a second. I thought they have been going more and more overboard with every release, personally. I also don't really care about their existance since recently I've stopped playing on the server almost entirely (I get on once a day for like 10 minutes to see if griefers are on) and I've been working on a project not even related to KAG.

Not much you can do about the admins though aside from firing all of them and starting from scratch. Even so, we have good admins that do their job well and it would be a shame to lose them. I have yet to see anyone post evidence of a single specific person abusing their abilities. Until that happens, it's just random statements thrown into the wind.

And at this point, the damage has been done. We fired crawfish and he gave us all a bad name, and that persists for a long time. Thanks to people like him (And I'm only using him as an example as per hearsay, I never even saw him on the server lol) the admins have a bad reputation and it'd take a whole shitload of effort to reverse that. Bad actions are forever, good actions are fleeting.

10. Auburn

@DonnyCarnage I honestly don't know what to say. If you are so upset with the admins and the ponies on this server, all I can tell you is to not play on it. Go to the links specified by @Klokinator if you really want to do something about it and maybe apply for admin.

11. you seem tingled ponybrah

+1

12. DonnyCarnage

Really though

Yo Admins
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  13. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

points taken ::):

14. This discussion really has gone on long enough, rioting isn't gonna help anybody, in fact pointing out how bad the admins are are just gonna get them ticked... So you wanna help filter out the bad admins? "take snapshots" easiest thing to do and it would help us figure out what you guys want.

15. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

You can't even get baddies banned with screenshots, so how would that be any more help with badmins?

16. Auburn

Yagger, you could send those screenshots to an admin that you trust, doesn't necessarily like all the other admins, and doesn't like and abuse the pony "feature".

Also, another thing that everyone seems to forget is that guards are also admins on this server. So of you have a problem that isn't another admin, you can go onto irc and type "!guard" (without quotations obviously) and get a guard to take care of your problems, especially if there's not an admin on.

17. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Subtlety.

18. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

I have to say, the roleplay server is complete and utter shit only due to the players that constantly come on and start random wars.

19. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

To be fair, the screenshots I've seen in the social forum were pretty useless. Couldn't tell if they were true or not.

Also, I'm not sure if you're referring to KAG official screenshot policy (Ie: "Only videos are proof") since I personally think that's a dumb policy, if the screenshot is self-explanatory enough.

And finally, nobody's even taken a screenshot of an admin abusing. If you don't try, how can you say it failed? Once you take a screenshot of an admin abusing then it's easy to see where hypocrisy has set in, if it has.

20. b9940a

b9940a Catapult Fodder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.