1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Apple VS Android?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by DragonUnitedtm, Oct 23, 2015.

?

Apple OR Android?

1. Apple

30.2%
  2. Android

69.8%
  3. BlackBerry

9.3%
  4. Other

16.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Customizable? How?
    Applications are frickin' sandboxed.

Asu likes this.
  2. i meant like JailBroken Apple Devices

3. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I've never had a problem with iphones after using them for 4 years. I have no opinion on android though.

DragonUnitedtm likes this.
  4. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

iphone is gay tbh

5. CowboyDan

it does everything i need. plus you can get them really cheap.

6. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

iPhone 1G user? Gay AF.

7. CowboyDan

No i use 5c.

8. Android and iOS are great in their own respects, hence why there has been so much debate about the two all over internet forums, however comparing the two is like comparing apples (pun intended) and oranges. The main reason this debate comes about is surprisingly the similarities between the two, leading to one user attempting to say their phone is better, but the debate doesn't end because it is purely subjective and the objectivity to the operating systems is albeit glanced at.

Not to say I am about to give you guys the final verdict on whether or not iOS or Android is better (and I am completely up for discussion) but instead some food for thought before someone interjects the thread with the classic "I use an Apple device and it has all these cool features therefore making it better" comment. Before we delve into the semantics just take a moment to think about the two companies behind this all - Apple and Google. Now Apple, we should know, is a highly people-based company. They are very clever in their marketing and far surpass Android using companies, being bounds and leaps ahead.
    Just go watch an Apple advertisement, now a Samsung advertisement, you can notice that there is a distinct difference and it is that the Apple advertisement speaks less about features and focuses more on "connecting with the audience". On the flip side is Samsung, who are all about features and rather than connecting with their audience they show them the capabilities of their phone while leaving much up to the audience. This is often the downfall for Samsung, although they make brilliant phones using a well-polished OS, they lack in the ability to sell like Apple and this is why many presume that Apple is better.

However, Android phones are generally very well built with the same (if not more) features than the Apple counterpart. It is pretty common knowledge that Android phones have far more features than the IPhone, but the failure the connect with the audience leaves many users almost overwhelmed by the capabilities that lay within their hands and instead opt for the simpler and almost as equally versatile iOS competitor. In saying this there are always people who know how to utilise the capabilities to the full extent and they find that the Android OS is a godsend that has far more capabilities than the user-friendly IPhone making it, by default, a better phone.

In case someone decides to skip over the line where I say that I am not here to draw definitive conclusions, because there always is, please do read the whole thing. Apple takes the route of making their phones a "hype" product where the customers can't wait, meanwhile the Android guys are focused on the sheer features of their device to sell for itself. You can decide where you lie on that spectrum.

I will be sure to answer any questions about this though, be sure to ask if you are unaware, I would be more than delighted to answer. I might do a follow up to this, who knows.
    As a side note, I have experienced both products and both are highly intriguing with Google trying to spread their domination of technology from internet browser, email, cars and phones while Apple attempts to make their phones something like a household appliance for the masses, I would not be surprised if they are the only competitors in the smartphone game in few years time.

TL;DR - Read it, I don't write for decoration you filthy Blackberry user! :wink:

Psiklaw likes this.
  9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Android master race!
    I have my 4 year old Samsung Galaxy S2 with CM12 (CyanogenMod) currently on it. Works as expected.
    During this time I had to replace my battery only (I bought extended one).

EDIT: I'm sorry if this post doesn't make much sense but I wrote it without really reading anything that was posted here so far and to be honest I'm not really going to. I just felt like writing it. :)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  10. Kudos for buying an S2, that phone was awesome. Sadly, like all other phones, it's time passed but I would use my old one if I still had it today for sure.

11. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

motorola razr v3 masterrace fuck off appl samsungs and rest in pieces nokias

Psiklaw likes this.
  12. I use an iPhone and I haven't had problems, it's not like I want a mobile computer on my phone I just like something to text people and check social media if I felt like it or just surf the Internet which serves well. I haven't tried Samsung phones but I plan to but at the end of the day I'm not trying to download and play games on my phone

CowboyDan and Psiklaw like this.
  13. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Buying an Apple product is like paying more and getting less. I don't understand why anyone would buy it. Except to try and look cool and rich infront of their mates, lol.

14. CowboyDan

When ever i need a new iphone i buy a used one for like 50 bucks from a friend. Also i find the android interface pretty ugly and no itunes

DragonUnitedtm likes this.
  15. Apple products are skinnier... Oh how shallow I am.

16. Compensation methinks.

17. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I've owned both Apple and Android products. True Android you can do more etc etc but I'm an apple lover thru and thru. I love the simple designs. As @dual_chiecken said, I basically use my phone for texting or social media, not gaming or a mini computer.

18. Apple is good (for phone).
    Dont be so stereo typical about ''omg i have android, im so unique and different, apple are for stupid low iq teenagers...etc'' because i fucking hate that.
    Android doesnt have alot of apps comparing to apple but sure it has better system, apple on the other hand is stylised and is great for communication.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 27, 2015 ---
    But i must admit gaming on mac is complete shit.

DragonUnitedtm and CowboyDan like this.
  19. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

lol Windows XP 4 live

20. everyone at my school :D

Blue_Tiger likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi