1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ArcheAge

Discussion in 'Other games' started by rymcd, Sep 16, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Really, guys, let's just wait like a week or so for the populations to die down a bit. It's not worth sitting in queues.

2. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

People with premium get priority in the queue, so I'm pretty sure they're never going to let it die down.
    In other news, the queue drains really fucking slowly. :down:

Desktop.png

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  3. Nighthawk

"Too many users in Ohio?" What the actual hell? That's some bullcrap reason to not let you connect.

Still gonna wait, though. I mean, I could wait several hours to play Archeage, or I could immediately be playing any one of many Steam games I still need to finish... it's not really a contest.

I really kind of hope you guys' absurd patience doesn't lead to you getting super far ahead of us and/or murdering us in PvP for lulz when we latefags do get around to joining.

EDIT - See my next post. I made a silly mistake.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    Apronymous likes this.
  4. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

"Ollo". The server.
    Not Ohio.I did a spit take when I read that.

The main point I was making is that the "Wait Time" isn't actually based on how many people are left in the queue (or anything else, as far as I can tell).

We literally alt tabbed out of the client, played KAG, then checked where we were in the queue like twice an hour.

I'm planning on waking up in the middle of the night, entering the queue, then going back to sleep.

5. Nighthawk

Mfw I read "Ollo" as "Ohio." Well, I do live in Ohio, so eh. I had a reason to be used to seeing the word.

Glad someone got a laugh out of my ridiculous mistake.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 19, 2014 ---
    So, uh, double post, because reasons.

I just logged on this morning to check out the queues, and there were some new servers with none whatsoever. I connected to Ezi immediately.

... How many of you have already started on Ollo?

6. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

I'm at level 15, and the pipe brothers have been on the server for ages.
    @Boxpipe @Radpipe

7. Nighthawk

Damn it. These new servers are so easy to get into....

8. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

well, after staying in queue all night, I'm at 70 on ollo, so I'm just gonna stick there
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 20, 2014 ---
    So I waited all night to get in, and every race is restricted, and I can't make a new character on ollo.

Edit:I'm just going to wait a few weeks to play

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  9. Nighthawk

Welcome to Archeage. Please wait half a year for people to stop fapping in front of their character creator so you can actually play.

Auburn likes this.
  10. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

Believe it or not I found two new NA servers they added on Friday. The wait time was only ten minutes this morning !

11. Auburn

Except we can't play with the pipe bros or apron unless we get on the one that is too full

12. Nighthawk

The wait time was zero minutes if you had connected earlier in the morning. Literally no queue.
    It jumped up later in the afternoon, of course, but it's still remained lower than the other servers' queues overall (albeit not by much).
    I'm not willing to wait in two-hour queues at ANY time, so until at least one of the servers gets to a point where there is little to no wait to join (at any time of day), I'm not even going to make a character. I guess this means I'll be behind, but it also means I can wait and see which servers my various online acquaintances join and decide based on that.

I might just jump onto a server that the Bay12 community is playing on, since they're cool bros. Depends on how many KAGers get in on this.

13. Was wondering what's this game. Thank god reading OP explained brilliantly everything.

14. rymcd

Alright well there's actually some servers that aren't full nearly all day. One of these servers are called "Ezi", I'm currently playing through on that server. I have a few others with me, if you decide to come please give me your username.
    I can actually give some opinions on this since I've played for a quite a bit now.

There is a TON of quest grinding, normally completing one quest gives you 2-3 more lol.
    There is a ton of cool features to this game that slowly unfold as you go, I haven't even gotten to pvp but I hear its awesome.
    The storyline is kinda cheesy but the scenery makes up for it.
    Dungeons are extremely challenging and requires your group to be coordinated.
    @Apronymous and I were completely rescued by a random archer when it came down to boss fights in the dungeon(god bless you super kiting archer).

Well basically I would recommend this game if you're looking for a MMORPG with a little more bite to it. To be honest I don't really like MMO's at all normally and I dig this game a lot so far.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  15. Auburn

I'll join you on ezi I guess, I'll give you my name once I make the character

16. Nighthawk

Roger that.

@rymcd By the way, what race is your character?

17. Jig is human as well as I

We actually are going to make a cool little faction soon
    And I'm a free player and the most I ever wait is 5 minutes on Ezi

Lots of fun with @Apronymous @rymcd and we are getting more of us like @SlamDuncan @Vampire and their are some of us on the community as well I didn't list.

Really their is next to no wait time so hop on!
    "Ezi"

18. Nighthawk

@dual_chiecken

Before that, by human you mean Nuian, right? Not Harani? Because both Nuian and Harani are human, only Harani are like, oriental-ish.

Personally I'd like to be a cat-person, but I would be perfectly fine with being an Elf or Nuian, too, if it means I'll be able to team with you guys.

19. rymcd

Yeah he means Nuian, when you guys get your characters made let me know the usernames so I can make a guild!

20. Waste all my time trying to catchup to @rymcd and @Apronymous when apronymous tricks me into jail for 30 minutes MFW

Mods: BlueLuigi