1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archer "accuracy" mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by 8x, Oct 7, 2017.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I've been playing archer lately, mostly in the way I liked in alpha, and this idea came to my mind.

The current archer has 3 levels of shots + the shotgun shot. Each level is dependant on how long you hold the fire button, giving you the choice of a really bland shot, a mid range shot and a full power shot. The idea I have in mind is having the possibility to make a switch at the archer menu, a button you click on, to shoot arrows in a more precise way: the shot power is dependant on how long you hold the fire button, and the power itself isn't predetermined, so each shot could easily have a different arc. The switch should only be triggered by hand directly inside the archer menu, not by tapping F to avoid awkward undesireable switches.

At first sight this might be a bit more overpowered than the regular shooting system (a skilled shooter should have it easier to put an arrow anywhere), but it's more demanding as well and less forgiging. The damage of a shot should be similar to the one we already have (ofc stepped), and would depend on a scale of power like:

0-30% power (minimum power needed for a shot) min damage- 0.5 heart (iirc)
    35-75% power medium damage- 1 heart
    76%100% top damage- 1.5 hearts

Perhaps it should be less forgiving, and in this more accurate mode the archers wouldn't be able to do a triple shot.

Pros:
    A more demanding way of playing the archer
    More skill is needed, hence hitting the enemies would be more rewarding

cons:
    changing between shot systems could lead to bugs or glitch abuse
    perhaps performance

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    bru-jaz and epsilon like this.
Mods: Rainbows