1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archer Hiding

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Zeus, Dec 19, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Except dead bodies look distinctly different from living ones. Every head has a different skin for dead people, unless you're headless, not to mention how bloody dead bodies look. Sure if the knight isn't really paying much attention they'll pass you by, but that's more their fault instead of your wit.

2. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

You'd be surprised how dumb kag players often are....

J-man2003, Dargona1018 and Klokinator like this.
  3. M00SHAK

M00SHAK Haxor

To really look dead in general, you have to take your arrows out of your inventory, making it look like you died with an empty quiver. The easiest way to spot a faker is look at the quiver. If he/she's got arrows in their quiver, then they're most likely alive.

4. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni

It seems that small good changes are coming to KAG. I think this would be a nice thing to add to a future update. *cough* *cough* @Geti

5. Untitled-1.jpg

Did anyone else find it incredibly amusing? No? Well fuck..

Anyway, hiding was great in classic but Beta is chaotic and has action all the time, when you hide, you're only missing the good fun, IMO. Also, whenever it is "needed" to hide there is also the thrill of not knowing if you'll be caught or not, I can't understand why people would like to take it away.

J-man2003 likes this.
  6. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Too difficult to reasonably implement without community outcry, many manhours dedicated, and so on.

7. kodysch

Really? Just to have a name not show up when you press the down key?

8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

You already don't see the names unless you are right in their face.

Honestly, I find archers because they have the gall to shoot at me, and then run.
    Set aside the 7 or so on the forums, it seems everyone else practices the notion of hiding out of harm's way, or simply being outside of harm's way.

9. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

i dont think that would take hours upon hours to edit a few scripts to hide your name upon pressing S.

Apronymous likes this.
  10. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

the mouse over system is hardcoded and likely horrible code, it may be difficult to edit.

11. Boea

Boea Such Beta

That explains why I have problem seeing names anyways.

12. kodysch

I still feel that this should be implemented. Can anyone vouch for the feasibility of it? I'd really like to see an update that helped out the stealth for archers. Taller grass, no mini-map icon, no name hovering.

13. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie

It would make the game allot more fun and diversified

14. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You can hide in logs if you pick them up and make a totally inconspicuous pile of upright logs. Depending on your head. The hover names definitely have to go, and maybe do something about the minimap too? I think there was a mod that covered up trees and shrubs on the minimap.

You can still sometimes sneak past people, but it feels like total bs when someone finds you because their mouse just happened upon your hiding spot.

Verzuvius and kodysch like this.
  15. Ferret_Ferret

Ferret_Ferret Shark Slayer

No name tag while you're hiding would definitely be nice. Though if this were to be a change, I would assume people would grow increasingly vigilant. Seems like an even trade off, so the change would be practically non-existent, regardless of it happening or not.

Edit: I recommend picking up a log and standing still. Works every time.

Verzuvius and kodysch like this.
  16. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Most players play at mid zoom, so if you hide when no one is on screen when at max zoom, people will be less likely to see you in the act if hiding.

I play at max zoom and always see archers trying to hide, or people concealing mines. If they only went for it when it would be absolutely impossible for anyone to see them, they would get away with it a lot more.

17. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

It would be cool if this was implemented. I have always been hoping for this to be added.

18. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

reviving the dead.
    Archers need no stealth since knights agility got decreased. I wouldn't mind regeneratable human frags though

[​IMG]

19. kodysch

I can't make a new thread so I'm forced to post in this one, as far as to what archers "need" you are in the minority with your opinion. This feature would only add to the complexity of game play while providing more options for play.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 15, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 23, 2014 ---
    With the help of @Skinney i was able to make a script that removes archers from the mini-map.

this.UnsetMinimapVars();

That is all it takes to remove the dot from the map. Now all we need is the names to be removed.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  20. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

+1

I would love to be headless! Why did they remove that feature?

Mods: Rainbows