1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archer Tips 'N' Tricks.

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Gredd, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Was This A Good/Helpful Post?

1. Yes.

50.0%
  2. No.

33.3%
  3. Don't Know.

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

Lately, I've Seen Lots Of Poor-Quality Posts With Sometimes Useless Tricks, That Were The Result Of Bugs. So, I've Decided To Make a Decent Post With Lots Of Tips 'N' Tricks For the Archer Class.
    Before I Start, Feel Free To Add Your Own Tips 'N' Tricks, Incase I Left Anything Out

Here's One That Not Many People Use Or Know:

Suicide Jump

If You're Being Chases By a Knight On A Skybridge, And Are Running Out Of Space To Go, Try Jumping To Your Death. Seriously, If There is a Tree On The ground, Aim for That, As You Can Latch Onto In By Pressing [W] Or [UP]. It's Save My Life A Hell Of a Lot. It's Badass If you Use It Right.

Tree-Hop

If You're Being Chased By a Knight, Running Towards Their Castle, And You're Pretty-Much Dead.
    Try This:

You Need a Cluster Of Trees, 4-6 Is Perfect.
    With Knight-Man Running Towards You, Jump Onto the Cluster, And Then Move into the Leaves, And Along To the One Furthest Away From The Knight. Make Sure He Sees This.
    Once He's Close To The Tree, Jump Over His Head And Run Towards Your Castle, And Safety, It's a Useful Move To Have And Know, As it Can Save you From Almost Certain Death, AND Get a Enraged Knight. DUAL SCORE!!!

Arrow Ladders

Now, When I Started Playing Kag, I Tried Using Arrow Ladders, But Failed Dismally.
    Reason:
    They Take Too Long To Make.
    So, ONLY Use Them If You're Desperate, Or Best, Not At All. Getting a 45° Arrow, While Being Chased By Knights, AND Standing on another Arrow, Is Bloody Impossible.
    So, If There Is A Tree Nearby, Go Use That To Jump Over.
    If Not... Have a Nice Respawn... :eek:

Targeting

Most Archers I See, Shoot For Shielded Knights And Get Nowhere.
    Aim For Enemy Archers First. They CAN Hit You Without You Seeing them OR Being Next To Them.
    Then Aim For Builders, They'll Make A Way Up To Your Tower. And The Knights Will Kill You.
    THEN AIM FOR THE KNIGHTS. They'll Pose The Least Threat Until They Touch You.
    Also, Use The Duck Button Or [Down] To Dodge Falling Knights That Might Headstomp You And Then Go on a Murderous Rampage. Instead Watch them Go SPLAT And Die, Or Be Stunned For A Second, Hating you As you Run Off Like a MAN, Pelting Them With Arrows.

Royal_Jester's Tips 'N' Tricks

Change your position
    Once you are hit by an enemy archer, or he has aimed at you- do not stay at the same place!
    This a pretty simple advise, but many people do not obey it.
    And when you choose your position to stay- make sure there is location where you can quickly relocate.

Double shot
    Shoot at the same target as your teammate does. It increases your effectiveness dozens of times. Together you can insta kill enemy archers or kill shielded knights. And basically- team-play is a main component of a success.

About arrow ladders- here I disagree. Once you get used, they will become really helpful.

2. Royal_Jester

Royal_Jester Shopkeep Stealer

Change your position
    Once you are hit by an enemy archer, or he has aimed at you- do not stay at the same place!
    This a pretty simple advise, but many people do not obey it.
    And when you choose your position to stay- make sure there is location where you can quickly relocate.

Double shot
    Shoot at the same target as your teammate does. It increases your effectiveness dozens of times. Together you can insta kill enemy archers or kill shielded knights. And basically- team-play is a main component of a success.

About arrow ladders- here I disagree. Once you get used, they will become really helpful.

3. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Not capitalizing EVERY single word in whole text is great tip, try it!

@Topic
    Camoflage

Try using trees as hiding spots, if you are more hardcore, you can hide in grass or corpses!
    Very usefull when army of knights are going into Your way, and simply no chances to kill them.

GloriousToast likes this.
  4. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

It's a good idea to have arrow ladders ready before you need to use them.

When I'm playing as an archer, killing the enemy's attack builders is my highest priority. A skilled builder with some knights defending him/her is a lot more dangerous than any archer. Sometimes, all it takes is one tile placed or broken by a builder for a wave of knights to storm your next line of defense.

acridstone and ComboBreaker like this.
  5. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

I Know, But The Ladders Dissapear After A Short Amount Of Time.
    I Don't Use Them Cause There Useless To Me ¬.¬ :p

6. cmblast

cmblast Shopkeep Stealer

Here's one, more of an anti-archer tip, because I get roughly half of my kills this way. If you get hit by an archer, running away directly toward your base is a sure way to get picked off by any half decent archer. Be unpredictable in your movements, sometimes stopping, sometimes moving towards them. If you are the archer, you just need to have good timing, and lead your target. I particularly like getting one fully charged shot in, then following it up with a red, particularly against decent archers.

7. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

Yeh, But In Some Games, They Fucked Up Archer So That's Nearly DAMN IMMPOSSIBLE.

8. cmblast

cmblast Shopkeep Stealer

how so?

9. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

Rayen's Attack/Defend.
    When i Aim for a Dude Like i would in a other server, Fine, When I Shoot
    I Miss Epically.
    >:(

10. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Completely agreed on that.

11. cmblast

cmblast Shopkeep Stealer

Ahh, I don't have gold yet, so not an issue for me.

12. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

It's An Issue For All Players. Not Just Gold.

13. palmito

palmito Shopkeep Stealer

I liked the tips, but I already knew all, is very good for beginners. ;)

14. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

This helped! Thank you for taking the time to write this. :)

15. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

Thanks For Saying Thanks! It's Nice To Be Known Around Here... Look At For Me, And Stuff

16. Royal_Jester

Royal_Jester Shopkeep Stealer

Specially for Gredd:
    images.jpg

And not be considered as offtopic message:
    There is a strange coincidence happening all the time when I play as an archer.
    When I have 20-30 arrows, this is never enough.
    But once I make or buy 100- I die as soon as I encounter return to front-line:rollseyes:

GrimWaltz likes this.
  17. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

A. I Now Hate you.
    B. Same With me. Once tho, i had about 145+ for a whole game and lived!

18. DarkD4

DarkD4 Shopkeep Stealer

Dark's Tips
    My tips are more for arrows, so don't be disappointed.

Arrow Storage
    Don't carry an amount of 40 arrows into battle, I only ever carry 30. And 30 will last me for 10 minutes or more.

Arrow Collecting
    See all those arrows sticking up from the ground? Well guess what, you can pick them up. Simply right-click while walking over them.

Arrow climb get-away steal
    If you're being followed by an enemy archer, and there is a tall wall in front of you well you can be killed or be smart. If the wall is covered and closely bunched together with arrows you can climb it while hold right-button to climb and take the ones from underneath. That'll stop that pesky enemy archer from following you.

19. forest_fish12

forest_fish12 Builder Stabber

it is possible to grab arrows out of the air but no one almost ever does it because it takes some serious skill and timing to pull this of but it can save your life

acridstone likes this.
  20. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

OOOH how familiar that sounds xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.