1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archer Utility?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Karsonatorz, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Karsonatorz

Karsonatorz Bison Rider

Anyone think archers should have a bit of utility? Like, things that would help the team? Knights can provide cover for their team, and builders give health, ammo, buildings, and they double as miners/tunnel slaves. When playing as an archer I just feel like I can't do anything to help my comrades with the war...

Possibly give them the ability to create bridges between trees, zip lines to increase speed to get into the battle faster, or set net traps? I don't know. Maybe even subtle things like a well placed arrow could disable an enemy catapult for a short time, or an arrow in a ladder would prevent people from moving up the ladder.

What are some possibilities do you guys think? :S

EDIT: [build 590] Forgot it in the title, sorry.

2. feet

feet Bison Rider

In the scripting build, archers get an explosive sachet.

3. Karsonatorz

Karsonatorz Bison Rider

But does it benefit the team? lol

4. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

I'd give them instakill for shooting in back of enemy :>

However setting a bear trap in bushes would also be a considerable idea.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 25, 2013 8:45 AM ---</br>
    Archer earns quite much money (if he doesn't die much) so he can purchase bombs for fellow knights.

SlyStalker likes this.
  5. I think archer is extremely important for helping the team as they knock down other builders, knights other archers. And I find that im a very good offensive archer, in close combat, (which usually ends up me annoying the other team and getting myself blown up.) Campers are also useful for taking out catas other team players etc. but again annoy the other team and gets a knight to bomb jump on to you and kill you instantaneously.

6. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Archer can do a great deal of help to the team- buying bombs for knights, helping knights with combat at the front lines, defending inside forts when there are offensive enemy knights, providing builder protection, etc.

7. coolmonkey54

coolmonkey54 Shark Slayer

In my opinion archers are the most over powered class in the game, because they can go over the walls avoiding all direct contact with knights by climbing trees.

SirLoading likes this.
  8. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

I think creating fast ziplines could be good. I agree with Conquerer though, they can already do quite a lot.

9. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Ziplines would give a very unfair advantage. It could enable archers to zipline to a place built specifically for them that is almost impossible to take down. It wouldn't let knights be able to kill archers either.

In my opinion ziplines shouldn't be added.

SlyStalker likes this.
  10. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

Yeah, they would need to be balanced in some way, to prevent what you've said.

11. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

I don't think they possibly could be balanced without completely changing KAG game play.
    (e.g. imagine if you added machine guns for builders/knights)

SlyStalker likes this.
  12. That would be weird, and extremely hard for you guys xD

13. Just don't balance it and let the people rage over your skills. Trying to balance a 3-class game is hard, unless you want to give everyone a small wooden sword.

14. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Everyone, for your safety please ignore this post.

Cirom, MadDog, SlyStalker and 5 others like this.
  15. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

Archers are very important. Yea its true knight can do a lot of dmg faster but archers can snipe a important thing such as a catapult or builders where your knight can't reach. Also archers are a AMAZING distraction as well as a annoying fag.

SlyStalker likes this.
  16. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Archers can also climb super-high-impossibly-tall buildings and snipe down onto the unaware victims below. Truly, archers are quite good already. If we gave them a zip line arrow it'd save arrows climbing stuff, and could it injure enemies? Shoot one into an enemy then drag him up to you then let him go and watch as he plummets to the earth.

SlyStalker likes this.
  17. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Guysguysguysguys. Did you forget already?
    In the next build...

Archers can set stuff ON FIRE

How much more utility do you want?

Cirom and SlyStalker like this.
  18. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

Its good to have a archer covering your approach to the enemy tower, shooting at those pesky enemy archers. And yes, as feet said before, archers do get an explosive/incendiary satchel to put things on fire.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 27, 2013 3:46 AM ---</br>
    Maybe creating a maximum range before the rope runs out?

19. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I don't know how much you guys know but fire is pretty damn crazy. I remember this one time I shot two or three fire arrows, and with a little help from killatron the resulting fire burned down the entire enemy base.

Also I agree that archers should have more stuff to do however people really underestimate how much different things shooting an arrow does. It's not just kill mans, its also smash catapults, shops, and outposts. It's easily farming coins to provide the team with bombs. It's helping knights bust shields. One of the most powerful effects of having a good archer on your team is the threat hey conveys. Even if he isn't directly killing anyone just the knowledge that he's around really limits the enemy. You won't see an effort being made to run up and spam ladders, you won't see enemy archers so quickly advancing past their towers, you won't see people casually running up with catapults. Many resources will be wasted covering shops and spawns and doors and shooting ports.

Cirom, zollie20, Fate and 3 others like this.
  20. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Unless I'm involved :p