1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Are 'Gaming Computers' Overpriced?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by epic_cookies123, Dec 8, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Alienware is not overpriced, you think it is overpriced because you only counted the graphics and performance of the laptop, count it's quality as well. Be mindful that Alienware 17's material is pretty bulky and tough. Through the test, if you drop an Alienware from head height to feet, the only possible damage that will occur to the laptop is its screen otherwise its other parts is minor scratched, for such heavy laptop, its capacity is amazing. It's cooling fan is bigger than the Razer Blade and you could feel wind passing through your finger if you put nearly the fans. It's a beast at shield, but way too heavy as a con. It's battery capacity is also long and you can play hours with it.
    In my opinion, I'm sick of people saying I should build my own pc instead of buying an ''overpriced'' laptop. Well no, im not that into building PC and i prefer this kind of gaming latop since it's portable.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It is overpriced, it was purchased by Dell simply because of the raw amount of profit per device sold.
    While it's overpriced it is overpriced for a reason, the majority of what you pay for when buying premade is the support whether it's the drivers you can get without work prepackaged on their website or the ability to call them for most issues within X months/years under warranty, furthermore the cost to replace the pieces. For Alienware beyond the normal costs as well as profit margin there's also an increased cost because of the niche market it caters (gamers with a few extra bucks to spend but not going to put in the work/bother looking up how to save the money to do it themselves) to and how it targeted them early and stayed present in it's community.
    We probably shouldn't get too heavy into that here, but suffice to say, yes all gaming computers do have a heavy tax up on them and if you simply searched the prices for yourself for the box you are aiming for you will usually save at least a good $500 most likely more, you can do this yourself if you don't believe me, if I do it or provide an info-graphic it probably won't persuade you, so if you do decide to do so please PM me the results!

(I won't delete or warn for a response to this if you do decide to make one, but I will move it to another thread if you want to have that conversation in a thread)

3. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

I'd stay away from Alienware computer's every crack head junky knows their value, looks to steal them over any other brand
    Clevo use to make Alienware befor selling that brand to hp. Clevo now makes custom enthusiasts laptops in inconspicuous business professional chassis with option of having no branding
    Apples my have real nice hardware, but suck a fat cock on cooling it down just look at their little power bricks. you'll suffer things like passive cooling on cpu/gpu Heavy throttling and looking like a cunt

4. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

That's... rather interestingly put.

Mods: BlueLuigi