1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ARENA: Fundraiser Invitational

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Ej, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

oh yeah, so, single elimination bracket, 4 teams, how exactly is this gonna be set up so that there's more than 3 games?

2. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

anticipation is building to see the outcome of these sign ups.

3. not at all, 3 matches. i thought that was clear

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That's much too short, you should make it round robin to be honest, single elim for 4 people is pretty retarded.

In general though only 4 teams it's hard to have any sort of bracket that makes sense at all. Winners->Losers (Double Elim) works out pretty okay generally though.

Round Robin:
    [​IMG]
    Over 9000 hours in google. Everyone goes against every other team, still not too many games (6), balance.

Double Elim:
    [​IMG]
    Also 6 games, feels like progression between winners and losers though.

5. i know what chalonge is and how to use it :)

im not a bif fan of SE format but this thing is purely for fun, its going to be short (even in this format its 3 weeks) and just to test out some stuff. also since the winner takes all the placing isnt very crucial

6. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

That's what I thought, just seemed a bit short to me. I like lui's double elim, as long as either the finals have a shit ton of rounds, or the team that made it there without losing once gets a second life or something, cause otherwise they could lose finals to a team that they beat once who beat them once, getting single eliminated in the most important round.

7. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

The way it stands at the moment, not many people will donate much money to this event.

But if an incentive to donate was provided, such as being entered in a lottery to win a one of a kind custom head or something, the prize pool would be much larger.

I'm also certain that if you give a percentage to the devs, they will help you out greatly in creating custom rewards for winning the tourney.

But that's just me.

Beef, Joiken, norill and 1 other person like this.
  8. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

You have the chance to win real money playing a game(something that you do almost everyday, sometimes paying for it).ArL was free and a lot of people joined.
    If you need a tournament that will gave 100$ for each player in a clan, I think you're doing it wrong.

9. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

They just need an excuse not to confront us in game, cause they know people will start thinking something's fishy if they swap in their aus team for an NA tourney after losing the first round *cough cough*

10. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I support this.

Also, Bluigi, I'm not impress.
    >implying MOLE's secret was hidden: homos.

11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

ey bby, u know wut it is.

Also for those complaining about prize pool, as it stands it looks like it will be just 3 games long, are you seriously complaining there isn't a prize pool, if it will be as Ej said more or less to test out the waters of running a tourney, a good prize pool is ridiculuos and what you are considering 500 buckaroos for winning 2 games at most? Lol, real talk, such bad 2 expect.

In the future if he makes one that's perhaps something like at least 8 participants then I'd say going out of your way to do that other stuff seems like a good idea.

e: Or something like PGL with seasons.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Noburu and Kouji like this.
  12. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

ArL was practically open to anyone, this isn't.

$500 / 20 people in 1 clan = $25 per clan member btw.

It's a fairly reasonable number, and it really isn't that hard to generate with the right promotion.

I don't get the naysayers, you are participating in a fund raising event with no upper cap on the final prize, isn't that the point of having a crowd funded event?

I feel it's important to not sell yourselves short, especially if you are testing the waters with a new tournament format.

13. Checkmate, bitch.

UnnamedPlayer and LucasTT like this.
  14. please stop making this thread arl

thanks in advance

15. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Fwiw (in case you're still looking for feedback, @Ej) your new mic sounded great. Voice was clear and easy to understand. Could also hear your keys & mouse, but that's not really an issue when you're in spec commentating I guess.

Rubixxcube likes this.
  16. Andr01d

Andr01d Haxor

Now we just gotta work on that pronunciation :wink:

17. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

It sounds great, worlds apart. Volume could do with being upped a bit, but it's mostly because you're soft spoken when you're calm. Matches might have some excitement, so if you start talking with as much energy as a Mexican soccer announcer then you might want to be careful about pronunciation, like 'dro1d said.

18. WOOHOO

out of all teams that applied, 2 have been chosen. they will be play a bo3 determining who gets the final tournament spot!

those teams are BoW and YB. during their game i will try to explain what the format is and what changes have been made

more details soon

Noburu, BlueLuigi, Mazey and 2 others like this.
  19. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

well, congrats to the clans that actually made it. hope you all have a nice time :3

FuzzyBlueBaron and BlueLuigi like this.
  20. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

When is this tourney? I need to know when I need to prepare myself.