1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ARK: Survival Evolved

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Canadian98, Sep 24, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

Ark isn't realistic at all. I just think its cool that they all the creature's are "real". And ocne again, pumping out good game-improving content is always good. yes, there is a point where you have to stop. And Ark will do so, fairly soon.

J-man2003 likes this.
  2. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I hope it does, though I hear it needs more bug fixes and meta changes than anything else... and the devs seem to neglect this and add more "interesting content". (aka more junk) Minecraft has done this, Rust is doing this, in some cases DLC is this, and it is cheap as crap.

3. stabborazz

You're right about one thing there, it needs ALOT of optimazation and bug fixing. BUT I wouldn't call the current updates that they bring out junk, not at all. They are great, they add awesome new dino's, usefull items, etc.. I hope the devs plan to first add all the needed features and then optimize the game (wich would be a smart decision). Becouse when you optimize your game while you're still adding alot of content then you will just break it again. New featrues bring new bugs, so bug fixing and optimazation while adding more content is pretty useless. Currently Ark needs more "junk" as you call it, it doesn't have all the needed features yet and I'm happy with all the "junk" they are adding. But I'll be dissapointed when they don't do some serious optimazation when the game is finished. Becouse I myself have problems with low fps and lag spikes and I have a pretty decent pc. And oh man, I hope Total war warhammer doesn't become a DLC clusterfuck like the previous games. (But thats for in another thread).

J-man2003 likes this.
  4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

If the game isn't optimized than no one's gonna play it lol. I think people care more about if they can run the game with decent FPS than if there are features being added.

5. stabborazz

Yeah, but once again, whats the use of optimizing your game when every new update breaks it again ? People will just have to wait and stop crying about it. And even with Ark not being optimized yet, it still has alot of players, I wouldn't be surprised if the player count rises again when they (finally) optimize the game.

6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

It doesn't matter, most developers optimize their game every update, or at least a good amount of them.

7. stabborazz

What doesn't matter and why ? If you're talking about optimizing your game at the end, then it does matter. And afcourse, every dev optimizes their game every update, some more then others. But they never fully optimize it, they optimize it untill the new update doesn't cause more lag and fps frops then the previous version. Otherwise after a few updates the game would be unplayable.

8. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I'm just going to refuse to respond to anything Jman says from now, he's never going to stop being salty over survival games for whatever reason, even though so many of us love these games.

J-man2003 likes this.
  9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I meant to optimize it slightly every update lol not fully.

So we agree on the subject.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 19, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 19, 2015 ---
    I laughed at this; so instead of elaborating and giving reasons for your claims you're just going to claim I'm something and that's the reason why I dislike it. I've already stated the reason why I disliked Rust was not because I was "salty" at it; quite the opposite, actually. (not that I care) And besides that there are survival games I love such as DST, and I commonly play DST with PvP, which is very punishing; arguably more so than Rust. The argument about how many people love it is plain stupid. Basically your suggesting if a majority likes something than you shouldn't listen to what someone who dislikes it has to say. A lot of people support Donald Trump. Does that mean he shouldn't be questioned? Heck no...

tl;dr: Please give arguments instead of-in a very immature manner-insulting me, thinking it will fly. It doesn't; it's laughable. Don't give claims that have no support or don't follow reasonable logic, and don't make claims that you only inferred.

This isn't a petty fight or flame war; it's an argument/conversation. So please, remain mature so this thread doesn't get locked.

Wait, are you trolling? Still if you do the thread's going to get locked.

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  10. stabborazz

I'm enjoying this discussion, it's not hostile so let' not make it hostile :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 19, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 19, 2015 ---
    Give that man a small loan of a million dollars.

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. Turtlebutt

Turtlebutt Bison Rider Tester

i wan dis game :)

Mods: BlueLuigi