1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ArL - Arthurian League

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Freddex, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

children children, stop bitching. Everyone complains about ping. Deal with it.

Boxpipe, LucasTT and Verrazano like this.
  2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Because, in my own view, it's not fun to play with an high ping. Skilled with or not, fair matchs or not, I don't like this. It's strange to play with +233, it takes all the fun since everything don't react in the same way.

I didn't know explaining our opinions was bitching. You're actually not helping by calling us children.

Boxpipe and Froghead48 like this.
  3. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

again you don't have to play with 233 ping, go recruit other players, or learn to play with ping, I can and have. I'm nearly 8000 miles from the EU server and nearly 9000 miles from the AUS server. I'm able to play on both. And just a note, your view on ping is highly skewed by fake numbers. KAG by no means gives you accurate measurements on your actual ping. BTW the average reaction time it takes to stop your care at 60 miles an hour (96kph) if the person in front of you stops is about a 7th of a second. meaning about 143 milliseconds. Ping is measured every from you -> server -> so your ping is about twice what it actually takes for you personally to send data. Also yes it's harder to play with ping you can't rely on instinct, but you can still adjust your self and play with caution and more calculation. The only time ping is really a problem is when it's unstable.

So stating my opinions and my solutions is bullshit?

Boxpipe likes this.
  4. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

You was saying to get better and to suck it up. If this isn't bullshit, I don't know what it is but anyway i'm done here, I said what I was thinking.

Boxpipe likes this.
  5. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

You called my solutions bullshit as well, not just that one. You basically flat out said everything I said was bullshit, I take that very offensively. Especially if your going to be hypocritical.

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

So, is this the point where I suggest people go cool off for a bit? Or should I come back later?

Boxpipe likes this.
  7. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

That was EXACTLY the same problem with the biggest league of soldat : intercontinental matches. It was even worse on soldat with bullets no registering.

There was a system of bonus points if you decide to play against international clans.

I still dont understand why clans need to recruit all over the world. You like to struggle with time zones and pings between 33 and 400??

Kag looks like soldat. A huge aussie community and everyone complaining about their lag haha!

Boxpipe and 16th like this.
  8. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

What we do, right, is move within a 150 mile radius of each other.

I suggest boats in the pacific.

Domis, Boxpipe, GloriousToast and 5 others like this.
  9. As a disclaimer, I haven't read any of the posts regarding this argument.

I think what we're trying to say is that, without letting us pick the server which gives us the advantage; the entire point system is relatively pointless (c wut I did thar?????). Sure, it gives us an idea of who'll be going to the finals but ultimately they mean nothing. It's not the fact that we can't play our best on an N.A server, it's that we were told in IRC that the winner would be able to pick the server, which made aiming for the top position worthwhile.

Considering the fact that an Australian clan was planning to play in the league (AOE) I assumed that it was OK to pick an Australian server, if not only so our Australian players could have some fun. To those that've been saying "O YEAH, why not make them play on a NA server if they want fun?!" it's simply because that's clearly a stupid move on our behalf. While we're relatively chillaxed and looking for a good time, there's no reason to throw our points out the window, especially since we're still competitive.

One thing I don't understand (and if anyone does, I'd really like to know what I'm missing) is that we've been through similar situations, except regarding a different continent. However, when it has to do with Australia, we're 'cheating'. I remember Raron bringing this up in IRC with me a couple weeks back. Earlier in the league, we had to play in a European server against PK# who, as far as I can remember, are predominately European. We had one European archer, Karpovich. We didn't complain and while I didn't play, I heard it was a relatively fun much (at least on our end). Yet, when PK# play us with one Australian on an Australian server I'm the bad guy.

Anyway, I'm beginning to ramble so tl;dr?
    1. This decision (to prohibit Australian servers) renders the point system relatively redundant (especially because we were told the winner would be able to pick a server)
    2. We don't quite understand why just Australian servers are being banned, especially when if we come second we'll probably still be forced to play on a European server without any qualms
    3. While I didn't bring this up in my rant, I don't like that us being international means that we have to accommodate to our opponents. Just because we can put together a semi-decent Euro/NA team doesn't mean it's the best option for us. I thought this was why we picked home servers, after all

Just trying to show our side of the story...

10. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Let's make one thing clear.

Literally half of the Power clan is in Australia. The clan founder is in Australia.

If you were going to screw them over because you can't play on their servers, you should have said so from the beginning.

Not now that we are half way done.

PS: I will personally 1 on 1 any knight on any server of their choice to show them that ping doesn't really matter.

11. Verrazano

I second Brilly. Because even if l lose to you on your server of choice with 200+ ping I can have fun and not worry about it, and I can also be competitive.

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

#butthurtaussies

what you guys don't get is that your thought process is only valid if there were no middle ground server.

Boxpipe likes this.
  13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

South Africa is obviously the best choice for a server location.

Boxpipe, Vidar and killatron46 like this.
  14. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

Getting a little cocky there aren't you? And despite what you think, ping does matter and plays a huge role in combat.

Beef, Boxpipe, Rayne and 2 others like this.
  15. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yes. It has absolutely HUGE impact on which team walks out alive from the blob slashes, as the slash to register earlier wins. Always. And now we have these tiny maps, which means that initial rush matters even more, and agressive play which is very reliant on ping difference.

Boxpipe likes this.
  16. 16th

16th Bison Rider

ARL is fun
    [​IMG]

Boxpipe, Andr01d and Guitarman like this.
  17. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Guys, c'mon, there's really no need for all this just because of something stupid like ping. Let's just play the game, okay?

Boxpipe likes this.
  18. "you see, guys, playing from NA to EU is as bad as playing from EU to AUS"

My point being, Europeans can actually win games on NA servers and Americans can win games in Europe. If you want to win a game on a server located in Australia, while you are in Europe or East America, the other team has to be made of complete retards.

Boxpipe likes this.
  19. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I just skimmed over this, but AU to NA is not the same (for me at least) as NA to EU
    I average around 133-166 on Beo's CTF where as on Lavalord's and Kaizo's aussie server I get around 299 (I think, haven't been on it in a while).

Boxpipe likes this.
  20. Yeaw! we go to South Africa.

Boxpipe and CrystalClear like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.