1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ArL - Arthurian League

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Freddex, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Switch servers? since we all want our servers, (believe someone suggested this) Go 1 auss, 1 other clan's server, 1 auss, and do a 2/3, or 3/5.

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

How about we just pull all our resources together and make a ultimate national server where its fair for everyone?
    ..... Nah too much effort.:p

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. Cape Town, South Africa. Now, who has all the moneyz? ;)

Boxpipe likes this.
  4. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

If someone can convince the people who host the ArL servers to donate some money to a national server then tada problem solved.

Boxpipe likes this.
  5. I think people are missing the point of Beaster's/Verra's post and instead thinking this argument is about ping. The point is the clan that obviously did best in the league as seen by points by the end of ArL should get to choose their home server. I mean, if the second clan in points really disliked the idea of the first clan picking the server, then they should have performed better throughout the league.

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Symph, I understand what's meant entirely, but that doesn't change the possibility for a stacked final. Either a two leg final or a single match in a central location to the teams would be most desirable, for actual gameplay, although I do think that the team who won the league has the moral highground entering it, and so should have some kind of advantage.

Domis and Boxpipe like this.
  7. I kinda like Verra's idea having the first match on the leading clan's home server, then the second match on the second clan's server, then a neutral grounds server in case of a tie.

Boxpipe and Monsteri like this.
  8. Juaro

Juaro Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I am now assuming POWER is going to be the No.1 clan in the league when it's over, and i suppose you do too. But this is mainly because you've had the advantage of playing on your ultra-kickass Aussie server all the time, and every visitors team has an automatic loss because their whole team's ping will be somewhere around 200-500, while yours is like 0-166 maximum. Now i'm not saying you wouldn't have won those matches if you had played on american turf or even european, actually my point is mostly about that. You POWER guys have an extraordinary American/Australian team and a more than good european team, why not prove to the league you don't need to play on your Aussie server where it's an automatic win anyways, but on like an american server.

/Edit: Having read the post you made in the meantime, Symph, that is a very reasonable idea.

9. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

This is really funny that you say that because we've only had 2 aussie matches, so attributing our success to that, is ignorant of you. You are essentially dis reputing our clan, just because you feel like we are cheating, I'd also like to point out that it is not an automatic win, and everyone is still super against expanding their clans for some reason, I don't understand that. Everyones telling us we have to go play in Europe because he have players, why can't other clans go pick up some aussie people to help them, no matter what you do if you prohibit aussie servers your being un just when you can fix the issue on your side. And you say that we have a good EU team, lol? we've had 2 eu players Justi who recently left and Karp who has 133 ping? please stop assuming things, why can't people solve the problem on their own side and stop villanizing us?

Boxpipe likes this.
  10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

>Ping doesn't matter stop being butthurt
    then...
    Relevent points only please. :huh?:

Boxpipe likes this.
  11. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

If ping doesn't matter than leave us alone! If your worried about ping and your going to say it's unfair will show you why we think it's unfair take away our privileged. Why should we cater to everyone else?

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. Juaro

urgh, i didn't mean to "villanize" your clan or undermining the success you've had, as i stated i'm fairly sure you would've won those two games too with the european or american team, but still, playing in Australia IS an advantage. (as for clan expanding, we, the BoWs recently recruited our first non-european: Space_and_time, so it can only go forward from there. as for the other clans, they're all pretty international i'd say, but as a european based clan it's rather hard picking up on good australian players either because you never play there yourself because you don't want to play with a ping of 400, and/or the timezones or so bad that when it's 4 PM at your place, it's 1 AM at theirs.)
    I would still like to add i'm sorry for my former statement, as i thought you guys have had more than two games on australian turf.

(and as for european team, didn't you recruit Jack-O-Saurus? :>)​

Boxpipe likes this.
  13. Hella

I don't think people are actually specifically against playing in Australian servers in your home games of the league, but in reference to the final that is supposedly ineveitable, it seems logical that, if it were in the form of a single match, it should be played on a server that is as close to middle ground for the two clans involved. This is assuming a single match, although it could just as well be possible for a home and away situation with the final, just as the normal league dictates.

This whole discussion started concerning where the finals were going to be situated, and as much as individuals phrasing may sound biased against POWER, I don't see why it should need to be. Assuming a single match, the final match of all of them, then it would be favourable for spectators and the otherwise disadvantaged team to play as close to the middle point.

Domis, Boxpipe and justi01 like this.
  14. Verrazano

So effort to get first in points is worthless? I really don't understand that. And yes Juaro we recently recruited 3 new players. One of them being Jack. Also on another not is it not an advantage to play in EU or NA when you are an NA or EU clan?
    </br>--- merged: Mar 14, 2013 10:39 PM ---</br>
    I don't expect anyone to ever fully understand that's ok, but here's a quote from the great satire writer Voltaire, this quote kind of expresses in a way what I mean and feel. "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." There is a certain point at which we can compromise, but I still am very upset and find it funny that we have to give up our server to cater to others, and nothing in return even if we technically succeeded? If some one else got the most points I wouldn't care where they choose a server I would be fine with them choosing the moon. It's what they earned. And you know maybe and Aussie vs EU final would be lopside, so can we just solve it and do multiple matches, I guess the issue with that is that it then takes the reward away from earning all first in points?

Boxpipe likes this.
  15. Juaro

Of course it's an advantage too, but it's playable as a european in america and vice versa. It's just a damn shame your continent is so far off, and this is really nothing personal. It's just a fact that you're, at the stage that we are at right now, which all really just a beta test, since this is the first season of ArL and things need to be figured out, the place of the final being one of them, the only clan really spread across the whole world, mainly in Australia. But wouldn't you think it would make for a more fair and fun game if the clans that were to play in the finals, and again i'm just assuming you'll be one of the two, would play in a location where the ping is either equally bad or good?

//Edit: It feels really weird reading an angry post by you with that avator of yours.

Boxpipe likes this.
  16. Verrazano

if we are considering 200+ ping unplayable, then it's unplayable for me is it not?
    If we want equally bad ping I suggest we go get that african server.

Boxpipe likes this.
  17. Hella

Yeah, Verra, I don't really understand it that well either, and I feel there should be at least some kind of advantage to the dudes at the top of the leaderboard if there are only going to be two teams there, although it's still hardly minimum effort to get 2nd overall.
    I'm all for being top getting a slight advantage, but I don't feel it should be something that has the capability to effectively cripple the opposing team by massive amounts; maybe a numerical advantage or a starting materials bonus, to throw out a few ideas.

In future, if the league gathers more clans, then maybe the top 4 would be able to have more comprehensive playoffs, with 1st facing 4th, 2nd facing 3rd, then the finals.

Domis, Boxpipe and justi01 like this.
  18. Verrazano

Yea when I first changed to this avatar people said it was scary. xD

Boxpipe likes this.
  19. make finals a game of chess bo3. winner of the league chooses colour.

eot.

Boxpipe likes this.
  20. Verrazano

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.