1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ArL - Arthurian League

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Freddex, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Be sure to grab your Peanuts, Popcorn, and a mouth full of HYPE!

2. Freddex

Freddex Haxor

Indeedly. I should probably announce the times for the matches now.
    This weekend on the ArL:
    YB vs. POWER, 18 GMT: The old tournament veterans give each other a good dose of battle. Both teams vigorously won their matches last weeks and are par on par with 3 points each, so that promises to be a good fight to watch!
    xCUBE vs. MERC, 20 GMT: We'll see the fellow cubes fighting a team we didn't see on the battlefield yet, the Mercenaries. Those are a bunch of clanless/non-ArL clan people seeking their fortune in the league. Can the sellswords beat a real brotherhood?
    Pk# vs. MOLE, 20 GMT*: Here we have the halloweeneers vs. the moles. Both teams couldn't decide last week's matches in their favor, so now is their chance to work their way up the scoreboard again. We're hoping to see a desperate fight.

Current scoreboard:
    BoW - 3 Points
    YB - 3 Points
    POWER - 3 Points
    xCUBE - 0 Points
    Pk# - 0 Points
    MOLE - 0 Points
    MERC - 0 Points

|WATCH MATCHES HERE| --> VanHuek's awesome live stream on Twitch. He even bough a new microphone so you can get his arousing voice in high quality, crystal clear, or as good as it gets. You can also rewatch all past matches recorded there.

*As those matches are happening at the same time, we can't stream both matches live. We decided to give the Mercs and cubes who weren't streamed yet some air time, as we love misbehaviour on stage (looking at you, xCUBE!). We'll generously record the Pk# vs. MOLE though and stream it at a later time in the evening, most likely. The commentary won't be live though, if I can get scrubs to comment at all.

General News: A simple but sexy website and a RSS feed is on the way to provide the match times as soon as they happen. As you can read on thread page 5, we'll probably get that incorporated into the blog widget, so you can just get the time and streaming link, even results with a glance in the lower left corner of the blog. Good, eh?
    The website is supposed to be an easier format for you to grab news and results as well as information quickly. Just using a thread can be a major pain in the leg, so that'll make things easier and more effective. However, we'll of course still maintain this thread, otherwise stuff would get weird.

Enjoy the weekend and watch some KAG if you want, see ya in the stream chat! : )

Domis, FuzzyBlueBaron and VanHuek like this.
  3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I feel dirty now that we won our match vigorously. :/

4. Freddex

Freddex Haxor

You are a dirty man indeed, sir.

Domis likes this.
  5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Yes

6. flipperz

flipperz Shopkeep Stealer

sounds cool I guess, kag really needs an official built in clan system. because anyone can impersonate being in a clan ;/

HardPenguin likes this.
  7. Freddex

Freddex Haxor

Yes, although I ban those faggots on every server I have the power to. Community takes care of it as good as possible. And well, the ArL doesn't have such woes as we go by the word of the clan leaders.

8. Week 2 impressions:
    [22:47:05] * Beefler (~Tea@Rindfliesch.users.quakenet.org) joins #kag
    [22:47:05] * Q sets mode: +v Beefler
    [22:47:11] <Ej> Beefler you are a weakling
    [22:47:27] <+Beefler> Fuck you
    [22:47:28] <vampo> hey guyz
    [22:47:29] <+Beefler> Did you see that shit?
    [22:47:38] <vampo> are the matches gonna get posted later?
    [22:47:46] <+Beefler> Some barely literal Polack stabbing through my shield
    [22:47:48] * killatron46785 (webchat@177-113-35-72.mtaonline.net) joins #kag
    [22:47:50] * killatron46785 is now known as killatron
    [22:47:51] <+Beefler> Armor piercing arrows
    [22:47:52] <Hella> Yup, on VH's Twitch channel.
    [22:47:53] <+Beefler> Fuck that, we're out

Domis, Stevedog, vampo and 4 others like this.
  9. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

"goodbye arl"

Beef likes this.
  10. If Mole quits the league, will it mess up the whole structure?

11. Everybody gets a w/o, they finish last.

Beo likes this.
  12. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Why would they? I am always out-of-date with last gossips.

13. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I think the basic gist of their view is that, so far, their matches have been simply shit in terms of circumstance for them, and that has led them to feeling that the game just isn't up to any real competitive play, although correct me if I'm wrong.

14. I don't know, that's why i posted that question.

15. Freddex

Freddex Haxor

Hella puts it pretty well. While I think this league is entertaining to play and to watch, MOLE isn't pleased that we can't provide true competitiveness due to the current state of the game. Although I don't share their point of view as I think of this more as another magnitude to have fun in KAG than a competition, I can understand their views.

Anyways, for those who nontheless want to read the results of today's matches:
    YB vs. POWER: Postponed to tomorrow due to some troubles in organisation. Sorry, we're all rookie in these things right now.
    xCUBE vs. MERC: 3:0 for xCUBE, that's 3 points to the cubes.
    Pk# vs. MOLE: 3:1 for Pk#, actually a close call to the end.

A full recording on xCUBE vs. MERC is available on www.twitch.tv/vanhuek, as always. Right after that, we actually got a part of Pk# vs. MOLE captured too, worth watching.

Current scoreboard:
    BoW - 3 Points
    YB - 3 Points
    POWER - 3 Points
    xCUBE - 3 Points
    Pk# - 3 Points
    MOLE - 0 Points
    MERC - 0 Points

16. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

xCUBE won their first cw, does they are finally started? They will rape everyone now?

17. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

Mercs will organize and never lose again.

18. In your dreams...

19. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

20. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I just want to say how sad I am over not being able to be apart of this anymore. It was a shame that my clan fell apart before this began, however I will be looking forward to seeing the other clan battle it out.

GhostyS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.