1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

arrow can stun a slash

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Landoo2, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Actually the one thing that annoys me is that it takes out the 'Sniper' concept. So many times I try to catch a distracted enemy knight in the middle of a fight from far away, and even though he has no idea I shot him, he can slash it while aiming to another knight.

Rayne likes this.
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Another pointless archer thread *Sigh*

3. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

>made October 2013
    >only archer thread discussing arrow slashing
    >calling it useless

*sighs heavily*

Apronymous likes this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Doesn't this seem like what brought about clashing?

5. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Yea, slashing arrows is a bit much, it makes archers snipe and then they think the class is trash, when in reality they should just be closer.

6. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Build 2000: In the wake of the nonstop complaints from the archers of the KAG community, we've removed the knights' ability to shield. It may seem drastic, but you'll get used to it, as you did when we gave archers jetpacks and fifteen health in previous builds. We feel that this is an important step in leveling the battlefield between the downtrodden, oppressed, underpowered archers and their rival class.

Trumbles likes this.
  7. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

^This.

Seriously though, while arrow slashing is annoying, random(skill-less), and often makes archers useless, it's required in a lot of situations.

Minor tweaks, like more accurate hitboxes for slashes and shields, are all that's really needed.

-cough- I'm really torn on this. I wish it would get removed completely, but I can understand why it's there.

Auburn and BlueLuigi like this.
  8. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Like, I can totally understand why it is there, but the game is not better for it being there.

9. Still willing for build 2413 when they're going to remove knight and builder, cause honestly, who needs them?

10. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

that's a pretty big exaggeration, considering archers are pretty useless by themselves unless played by effective people.

Apronymous likes this.
  11. And also a joke.

12. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

THIS

The fact that a knight can block an arrow shot from below him while shield gliding is absurd.

I could also see the timing required to slash arrows being made more precise as a solution here.

BlueLuigi and Nabuco like this.
  13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

r e a l talk, gliding blocking pretty much anything is a bit absurd.

Trumbles likes this.
  14. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

More fact that the shield can block something 90 degrees away from where it's pointed.