1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Arrows change type depending on circumstance

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by epsilon, Aug 23, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which of these ideas do you think should be added to KAG?

1. 1st idea: Arrow > fire arrow when passing through fire

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. 2nd idea: Fire arrow > arrow while underwater

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. 3rd idea: Water arrow > normal arrow when passing through fire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None of the ideas :(

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I suggest the following ideas for when arrows are shot in/through certain things.
    - Arrow turn into fire arrow when they are shot through fire (not when you are lit on fire while charging an arrow!)
    - Fire arrow is extinguished when you are charging a fire arrow underwater or when you get stunned by water bomb/arrow
    - Possibly water arrow turning into normal arrow when passing through fire (may not make sense... water evaporates?)

bru-jaz likes this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

The first part is already ingame and the second part would just be bullshit.

an_obamanation likes this.
  3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Seriously i didn't know that the first one is a feature! I'm glad it is.
    The second idea may stop an archer from burning down several layers of defence if the water arrow is timed well. It will also teach archers to not be so aggressive with tipped arrows.
    Also, fire arrows already extinguish when fired into water so why aren't they extinguished when the player enters while charging a fire arrow. It seems like it makes sense, yet i can see that it may become a pain.
    I just feel like these small things will add to the strategy of the game imo. Can you please explain why you think it's 'bullshit'?

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I think it is bullshit that a 1o coin arrow destroys a 15 coin arrow AND stuns the player. Nothing should be affected when in your hands, UNLESS, everything in your hands gets affected. By this logic of "it makes sense" then it also makes sense for waterarrows to put out the fuse on a bomb. There is no real point of destroying the arrow in an archer's hand when the player is already getting a stun(there's no reason at all actually because "well logic" in a 2d videogame is not a reason).

5. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Having fire arrows turned into regular arrows just because you even dared to charge it would make inventory management a real hassle, would probably be hard to implement, and it doesn't really change anything. Sure I guess it's more realistic but at the end of the day it's just a minor nuisance for archers, as most archers use fire arrows outside of water. Also having it so waterbomb/water arrow stuns put out your fire arrow when it's in your hands just encourages more blind waterspam and makes water even more annoying than it already is.

The third suggestion makes absolutely no sense and just makes water arrows only good for spamming at people, it's a good feeling when someone sets fire to a good wood chunk of your base and you use water arrows or waterbombs to put that fire out, it would be awful to have that aspect of the game just thrown out.

jimmyzoudcba, Magmus and PUNK123 like this.
Mods: Rainbows