1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Art Dump

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lizardheim, May 30, 2011.

1. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Who, Doctor Xavier?

2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

You're right Monsteri :eek: i wouldn't want to come across a balding middle-aged man with a collarless shirt on. Not on my streets anyway. Is it your grandpa? Nice painting, either way.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

It's not a portrait of anyone, just drew it off my mind :D

I wasn't happy with the face compared to the shirt, so I retouched it:

Face4.png

trelawney likes this.
  4. Smilecythe

Smilecythe Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

You could try having base colours, lights and shadows all in separate layers. This way you can basically just cut and tone down transparency as you please. Maybe have different layers for different parts as well such as nose, lips eyes etc. This is easy way to make your pictures look more dynamic and sharp. It might sound like a lot of effort and searching for the right layer, but it's actually easier the more layers you have.

Below quick example

Attached Files:

• shit.png
      shit.png
      File size:
      499.8 KB
      Views:
  5. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

Did you actually win in the two coloured game competition on Pixel Joint? My entry was one of my first attempts at pixel art so it didn't win.

[​IMG]

aroh likes this.
  6. Monsteri

Yeah I know, I usually do so, but this time I wanted to know how it'd feel like if they were all in the same layer. I've learnt my lesson, layers are better :D

As a side-note, here's a quickly drawn scenery my sister wanted me to make for her crappy dog anime project:

Laaksoaurinkoinen2.png

And here's a weird man again:

Mies.png

7. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

Here's some hand sketches I did as well as a chalk one.

Quite a few images, maybe a spoiler function should be added to the post editor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NotAPirate, aroh, Acavado and 4 others like this.
  8. Smilecythe

Smilecythe Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

[​IMG]
    Another character model portrait for my game.

No I didn't, they have no taste fuck them :D

9. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

:D I love yours though, it should have got third or second at least.

What software do you use to make the pixel art? I use GrafX2 just because it's UI is like that of an Amiga.

10. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Shopkeep Stealer

11. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

First place deserved it just for the excellent animation, second was interesting and long but I thought Stephen Hawkins: Contortionist Hunter was more original. Third place had very nice colour choices, but it hinged around the animation which I thought could have been improved at a few points. Only my opinion of course, and I don't have much experience with pixel art but I've been animating for years so I tend to get picky with that sought of thing. :oops:

12. Monsteri

I really got to like the hands. They're well drawn and the chalky hand is quite dramatic, and the colour of the paper really fits it.

Since you can't have a perfect picture, why bother trying?

Linna4.png

Hal likes this.
  13. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

Thanks. :)

This is really nice dude, excellent job. LOVE the colour palette on the stones. Do you use a tablet to draw?

14. Monsteri

Thanks and yeah, I use this babe which I got as a christmas present:

[​IMG]

I was originally going for a far more realistic look, but your first imagination and the final result never face each other, luckily.
    I was being a little bored after drawing it for two hours, so I spammed the dirt layer full of brown, and I was surpirsed by the result. Then I messed with the layers a little and let it be :D

NotAPirate and Guitarman like this.
  15. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Thats very impressive.. i find hands amongst the hardest thing to draw... well that and feet and faces... especially women... i suck at drawing women.

16. Monsteri

Aroooooooo-ooooo!

Holydog.png

Piano, NotAPirate, Valkyrie and 3 others like this.
  17. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

That's amazing. :D Small touches like the breath being visible as well as that blue glow around the wolf really add to it.

Yet another hand sketch I did recently.

[​IMG]

Guitarman, aroh and Acavado like this.
  18. Monsteri

Thank you, I'm very happy with the breath too :)

^The hand above is not so much for my taste, the lines are too soft and blurred at some places, and the lighting in the wrist looks quite weird. It's like there was a bump in the right side, and then the hand goes deep down to the bones. Just my opinion though.

Only pros will recognize the flag!

helikopperi6.PNG

19. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Goddamnit you people make me wanna get my thumb out of my arse and start doing artsy stuff again... DAMN YE!!!

20. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

... Kind of a weird sketch.

[​IMG]