1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Art Dump

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lizardheim, May 30, 2011.

1. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Is it possible to get smooth animation on that sort of quality? :o

2. Rioja

Rioja Ballista Bolt Thrower

If i speed the animation up yeah, but that would mean a lot more frames and i'm restricted to a 12x16 grid so i cant do much more that a simple animation, with small things.

3. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Shopkeep Stealer

4. Rioja

Yeah, i could easily do that on a computer but with an iPad, until i manage to get a decent app for it, i cant do much more than what i did because i just dont have the space. Thanks for the feedback, though :)

5. Lizardheim

That's on a 12x16 canvas.

6. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

[​IMG]
    I attended a print workshop.

7. Rioja

Oh well... I'll have a go at turning it landscape :) Which i probably should have done at the start for it.

8. Lizardheim

9. Smilecythe

Smilecythe Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

[​IMG]
    Another character from my game project. 13 colours

10. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Erm Smilecythe, is your signature pic allowed on this forum?

11. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

One would argue that there is nothing obscene in the signature itself, and it does warn against children actually clicking it.

12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

oh shit that's really nice, Smiley.

Though personally, I'd use less full black- especially on the head and arms.

13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

That's pretty cool. You have got the limbs and the face right and in good angle, and ohmygodz the thingy that hides his genitals has textures.

The left hand's biceps could use slightly less black.

14. Smilecythe

Colour black is kind of a trusty stead to put contrast back to balance. What I tried here was to follow how the surface of skin works, it gets dark quickly and even pitch black the deeper the skin wrinkles out from light. Anyways, really grateful for the good feedback here.

Lolokaust is my homepage and it follows me everywhere, the warning is genuine and by all means not meant to be taken as sarcasm. If disappointed visitors increase or moderators here get offended by a sight of pixelated pork chops stuffed in sensitive places I might consider taking the automatically directing url down.

15. CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC Shipwright

Just a quick anatomy edit above the waist. I got a little rushed for time, so I didn't finish the abs, but you get the idea.
    [​IMG]

The anatomy in general could use some work, and the AA in some places isn't really there, but I like the pants.
    There's too much black everywhere smudging up the picture, you can't make out the shape or form of object.
    The black lines also make the skin look like it's made out of chunks. This guy looks like he's fit, so his skin is, consequently, going to be smooth and taught. In my mind, that means no black lines breaking up his body.
    The shoes could use some more form, right now it's just gradient shading.
    Speaking of shading, the light sources are sort of all over the place. Especially in the upper body area. (Why don't the arms cast a shadow on the abs?)

Nice work though, I hope my edit helps if you're aiming for realism. I might do a more thorough one later.

16. Smilecythe

To fill in more, heres rough drawing of the face

[​IMG]
    It's not human I'm drawing all the time, but pointers to realism and flawlessly operating anatomy are always helpful and welcome. I'm very thankful for you putting so much effort for feedback. Got any ideas for making exceptionally thick ribs look real/convincing?

17. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

I think I want to learn to do pixel art. Is Paint.net good enough? I've already looked up a few tutorials, bookmarked them, and signed up to some forums, so that's no issue. Personal advice is welcome, however.

Edit: I also have a bit of prior experience because of a Minecraft texture pack I never finished.

18. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

MSPaint is good enough IMO, though people like Geti for example would greatly dispute that.

19. Smilecythe

MSpaint is enough, only thing it lacks are transparency and layer system, but it doesn't matter if you scale your picture bigger and have your own little corner for each "layer" and at the end put them on top each other. Win7 paint is proven to be shit, so I recommend downloading xp/vista version. The good ol' mspaint is the godfather of pixel art, geti can suck on it like or not.

20. Lizardheim

"The good ol' mspaint is the godfather of pixel art"
    Lolno that's pretty damn far from the truth.