1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Art Dump

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lizardheim, May 30, 2011.

1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Do you have some sort of brush preset which draws the dithering or do you have to do one pixel at a time? I can imagine the latter would be tedious to do.

2. Osmal

Osmal Bison Rider Donator
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Working on a logo for an 80's action hero in our short film project:
    ransom-demo_2B_smaller.jpg
    ransom-demo_2B_small.jpg

3. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Osmal likes this.
  4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Some forums for art discussion have a rule stating "no unsolicited critiques." In other words, only critique people who ask for it. While I won't enforce this, I think there should be a few things to keep in mind with critiques:
    1. Critiques should contain some positive points, in addition to points of possible improvement. We should try to be supportive of each other's growth, through encouragement.
    2. Criticisms should be constructive, i.e. they must be helpful in some way. This is usually achieved by being specific. For example, "This is bad and you should feel bad" does not help anyone. Consider instead something like this: "The perspective on the head doesn't match that of the body."
    3. Try not to talk about things you don't really understand yourself. If the artist asks for feedback, then let them know if you think something looks off. But if you don't have experience with that area, keep in mind that there are a lot of times where an intuitive "fix" for a drawing problem doesn't actually solve the issue. Open the spoiler below to see an example:
    (This is not my artwork!)
    foreshorten.jpg

This image features one of the most difficult-to-master elements of drawing in perspective: foreshortening. There are countless ways to screw up foreshortening, making it look off. (I'll see if I can make up an example mistake later.) If the drawings were less perfect, a viewer would have trouble understanding that the "camera" of perspective is supposed to be higher/lower than usual. As a result, they might say that the legs in the top four figures are too long, or that the legs in the bottom four are too short.

These judgments would be incorrect, because the viewer has not understood the intention of the artist. Changing the length of the legs would change the perspective of the drawing, or it would make it even more inconsistent. Now, a note to the artist: Since these angles are difficult to convey, you might want to announce your intent, whenever you attempt such an ambitious work. This will help viewers to understand your work, and to provide better feedback.

Anyone else have thoughts on critiques/criticisms?

joshua12131415 and Biurza like this.
  5. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Graphics gale let's you make dithering using brush.
    I aprecciate any constructive critique. All though I can't understand shit tbh coz of that "Style" or writing. If you could use text on forum it would be nice.

Biurza likes this.
  6. Elf

Elf Bison Rider
    1. A Special Forces [SF#]

@franek123 tbh your signature is a state of art.

BarsukEughen555, Biurza and franek123 like this.
  7. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Don't hold back at all when Criticising me. Go buy some ocd from your local supermarket and purposely try to offend me. much appreciated

Biurza likes this.
  8. Elf

Elf Bison Rider

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 7, 2017 ---
    Disclaimer - i obvs didn't make the gif, found it on reddit somewhere.

Biurza and joshua12131415 like this.
  9. joshua12131415

fayshal proporshens incorekt did yuu mayk that ie suggest you ads a little more of the shayding under sholders, and then the shert is fallin of the bewbs wher are they and the ii brouz is gorn to this is very baad art but the blue colors was nice good jobs :D and i does liek al the wiet hez heu heu

10. Elf

Elf Bison Rider

English pls

11. TheBloodOfNight

TheBloodOfNight Base Burner

Francescolorclip.png my first colored messy sketch ! .p. Roses are confusing, i tried to use reference, but rose i had in my painting program was so freaking confusing, it was very well made ofc, but hard to follow.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 8, 2017 ---
    Btw, do you guys know about coloring app ? I actually tried coloring my art because i was amazed how well machine can color. Ofc at the same moment i was insulted... "can machine color better than me ?" I challenged myself to beat the machine :x
    [​IMG]
    https://paintschainer.preferred.tech/

Attached Files:

epsilon, Elf, AndZH and 4 others like this.
  12. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

I'm just a pleb ;-;
    [​IMG]

feet, Elf, TheBloodOfNight and 2 others like this.
  13. joshua12131415

Wow that machine is awesome :D Do you know how to make it hd? Mine came out in a lower resolution ):
    E9U0SX5HPP34914X9QM752JLAH5TSHBB_0.jpg
    (I didn't even add a single drop of paint to that ^ fully automatic, it even does shading right ??? :O :D )

Elf and Biurza like this.
  14. TheBloodOfNight

Idk, was my pic hd ? Anyway.. Are you going to color your art with it ? Because i think i would waste my art on it. I prefer making my fekd up coloring. I dont like idea of some filthy machine touching my lady i was making for hours. .p. *********** If you have no time to color, then its very good i think**************

Biurza likes this.
  15. joshua12131415

Yeah your pic is really big, mine was about that size but came out a lot smaller );
    I usually make a lot of line art and i think it looks really bad and start a new drawing, which wastes a lot of time, but this time i added colour and it's not as bad as i thought :D

So i'm going to be lazy and use this to colour some things, just to get an idea of the arts potential and whether i should keep working on it

Biurza likes this.
  16. TheBloodOfNight

Ye, coloring can make it much better, btw my pic was too big for the website, i resized it by half. x) Even if i was a pixel artist once, i find it difficult to draw good images in low resolution, its better to have much room. My canvas size is atm 2222x2222, before i was making full characters in 1111x1111.... And things like hand and feet were quite annoying.

joshua12131415 and Biurza like this.
  17. Cohen

Cohen Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester

Double exposure photo

home.jpg

norill, Gurin, feet and 10 others like this.
  18. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

Cohen and Biurza like this.
  19. ieat2much

ieat2much Bison Rider

Guys, IT'S MIKU DAY!!!!!!
    MIKUDAY39.png

feet, BarsukEughen555, Magmus and 7 others like this.
  20. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

ive given up on drawing because no flair for it but i made this quickly for a small art streamer i watch

[​IMG]