1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Art Dump

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lizardheim, May 30, 2011.

1. Smilecythe

Smilecythe Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

That's why I like pixeljoint, they're running short on unnecessary comments. When in DA people comment on how cute each other's signatures are, in Pixeljoint they put their time and effort to actually try and help the op. To put things simply, pixeljoint is not a place to get seen, rather a place where you learn. If you're even more serious WIP board in the forum is the right place.

C64 palette is very good way of practicing hue shifting, it helps you to understand how the colours works and helps to realize one colour can be useful in lots of places. Just felt like putting it out here.

Here's the palette and some fact:
    [​IMG]

2. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

The shades, the base color, and the highlight color could not be used multiple times. I only used three types of outlines, and a stick. The stick had to have its own color, as sticks are never black.

For as far as I know, I couldn't use the colors I used multiple times.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Decided to participiate a bit, this is definitely the coolest I've made thou:

It's a scenery file for a soldat map.

Attached Files:

4. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Looks alright :) Also, is the thing on the left a face?

But, one thing... It's not like things are suddenly black when a shadow is cast on them. The ramp is a bit sudden. I'm not sure though, I don't know a lot (yet) about art.

5. Monsteri

Well it's quite much the style of the map, but yeah I know, it doesn't actually work like that :D

6. Smilecythe

Looks quite convenient to me, but be aware you cannot use too many sceneries that huge in Soldat, some of them will appear transparent ingame.

7. Monsteri

Thanks and yeah, I am prepared for file separation. God it was such mindfuck with tw_Art.

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Chosen: a lot of the more serious members of pixeljoint are active on wayofthepixel.net/pixelation and that's an even better place to learn. They'll usually give more in-depth constructive criticism if you show that you're willing to learn, could be worth a post.

9. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Damn... Always when I plan to make some pixel art or do something else, I forget to, and often there's not enough time to start something, as I don't feel like drawing a cube, only to have to stop even before being able to shade it or transform it into an iso house or something. How do you guys focus on stuff?

10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Haha I'd give my left nut to know the secret to focus.

11. Smilecythe

What I'm lacking is motivation, I'm working on a 2d platformer game using pixel art and there are so many days I've got enough after doing two 32x32 tiles.

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Focus is a skill that luckily involves no genital mutilation to learn - usually you just have to have fun doing something and then continue to do it. If it is a drag, then keep your eye on the prize.

13. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

What I'm working to, I suppose?

Okay, I'll just visualize myself being good at producing the art I always liked, being able to make my own art for a video game.

I already feel a bit motivated. But now when I'm finally motivated, I'm tired D:

14. Geti

Well, you could just up and learn to make a video game, there's nothing stopping you. Get on it!

15. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Does anyone know how to make a perfectly 'square' cube? The sides always seem a bit... 'off', as if the cube is constructed of rectangles rather than squares.

16. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

So this technically doesn't count but last night I had a couple and when I woke up this was produced on my monitor
    [​IMG]

17. Geti

Hahah wow. I don't even know what to make of it, a demon smoking who am locate the big foot asdafhsasghdas omg?

18. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Hold on, is that Team Fortress Classic?

Chosen and Valkyrie like this.
  19. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

I play on the weekends

20. Smilecythe

[​IMG]
    Smack those tits!