1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[AT] War server [80 Slots]

Discussion in 'Server Archives' started by khairr, Aug 14, 2013.

1. khairr

khairr Builder Stabber

Servername: [AT] War Server [80 Slots]
    Genre: Beta Kag
    Slots: 80
    Game Mode: War/Capture
    Admins:
    - Khairr
    - Darki510

We search two future Admins. For more information, please contacte me via pm.

Sincerely,

2. Boea

Boea Such Beta

When there is about 10 players per team, the play style variety/leeway is incredible, and helped, most of the time, by the large maps.
    It's hard to use fire with stone as available as it is, but then again, the matches can be very hard fought, and one hall can be the start of a brutal comeback, or an extensive last stand.

And I've crashed twice on the server, with the error reporter being unable to send a report when it tries to route with http.

3. khairr

khairr Builder Stabber

The server is programed to be Hard.

The stone is mostly used because it is very easy to get a base of enemies with a boat. Fire does not have a very great importance.

The style of the server is based on the use of water.

For the crash, I do not have.
    but the server crash , bug in the selection of maps, I resolve the problem.

- - - -
    If the server is too hard for many people.
    I can open a easy Server.

4. Boea

Boea Such Beta

As it turns out, the maps with the Gorges/Plateaus are very easily rushed with the use of wood. ( I know, because I followed in the wake of one, it was a murderous crusade, the match ended a minute or two after the start timer ended )
    Either spread them out, or severely limit trees [probably not viable, because of supply drops of 500 wood/crate/hall], I don't know; other then that, the only possibility is early pyrotechnics or something, but that's if you scrounge up 300 gold to the nearest merchant. [ Maybe an Early Demo Lab is viable, but then Kegs can make the Wood Bridge Rushing even more violent, and could be easily circumvented by building a Wood Jumping Platform ]
    Or make the Halls not be on top of the plateaus, make them underwater, or on the underside of the plateaus, so you have to fight off a blockade of builders, and war boats above/below.

So if anything, water is very important and a huge hassle to build around [that can make games longer], but wood is a very easy building material to come by; and if there are convenient platforms to build off of, water can be very easily avoided and the halls on these platforms will be claimed quickly, and the other team will have no time to prepare for it.

---

Anyways, I recently got into the groove of being an archer, so most of what I can think of is how to hassle the enemy, like: infiltrating their base by climbing on arrows, and sealing it from the inside out, or hitting them with a precise shot with a fire arrow, and pretty much gut, or destroy their structure as it burns down; pyrotechnics can be a pretty heavy game changer, given the chance.
    It is noteworthy to say that directional platforms and wood doors make for good fortifications, and are made of wood, which makes for very cheap, and effective forward wall.

Stone is very important for steadfast structures, but wood is an undeniable stop gap measure.

5. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Could you put less gold on maps and possible add a trader in.

6. khairr

khairr Builder Stabber

Yes , i can. For 2 Next map.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 15, 2013 ---
    Bugs have been reported and noted by the admins, from some collapse, players in the zones crash.

We will try to resolve this problem within 24 hours :/

7. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

What does [AT] stand for

8. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I really like how your maps have tons of stone, I should probably take inspiration from your maps and add a lot more stone to my maps as well. Anyway, your servers really awesome to play on. Keep it up :D !

amgtree likes this.
  9. khairr

khairr Builder Stabber

Thanks , i love you <3

Hawxx likes this.