1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

#auspol

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Mar 10, 2015.

?

auspol?

1. auspol

9.1%
  2. very auspol

3.0%
  3. wow auspol

3.0%
  4. many auspol

6.1%
  5. such auspol

21.2%
  6. lol auspol

48.5%
  7. auspol auspol

9.1%
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

So, uh, I'm having half serious thoughts of moving to Victoria--or even NZ--'cos, uh, NSW is, uh, totally fucked.

I mean, I knew things were kinda screwy, à la the NSW gov's handling of compulsory property acquisition:
    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/homes-tak...sidents-must-pay-to-stay-20160714-gq68gs.html

But then I was reminded that, no, things are actually going to hell in a handbasket:
    https://www.theguardian.com/comment...shadow-government-and-your-liberty-is-at-risk

Second article is a long read, but for those of you willing to brave it you'll be delighted to learn that the NSW gov has brought in the Serious Crime Prevention Orders Bill and the Organised Crime and Public Safety Bill which, between the two of them, mean that anyone who crosses a police officer could very easily find themselves under a "civil protection order" which, I quote:
    Moreover:
    See that first paragraph? PSO can be applied to "a person, or class of person". Wtf? That's practically akin to allowing police-mandated Apartheid--only not just over race, but also distinctions like religious, political, social, economic, or anything else you can think of.

I am genuinely bewildered that anything like this was ever allowed to see the light of day. It's quite literally the kind of fascist legislation that the Nazi party were putting through gov in the late 1920s to early 1930s. fml :ehh:

toffie0 and Monkey_Feats like this.
  2. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

Uh yeah, scary to think that could happen. How likely are you to obey the law though FBB?

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Obeying the law isn't the problem though. All it'll probably take is pissing off a cop.

An IRL example: a good friend keeps having issues with harassment from local police after he called some of them out for corruption. Under this new legislation any of the several local cops could take issue with some minor (or even trumped up) thing and he's facing house-arrest or 5 years in the slammer. Honestly I'm concerned that some time in the next few months he'll probably fall afoul of these new laws simply because he cannot help but speak out when he sees BS or chicanery.

There's hope that something like this will be struck down by the High Court as unconstitutional, ofc; but in the meantime I can see myself (who've never had a problem with the police personally; actually, tbh a few of my friends are coppers) walking on eggshells around the police.

:oops:

SirDangalang likes this.
  4. Monkey_Feats

Hmm, I say up and go my friend. Not sure how rife it is down there in the south. Generally a laid back feeling up here in FNQ, just sayin.:thumbs_up:

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

You guys repealed your anti-protest "move-on" laws (as has Vic). Sadly we're still in the Dark Ages here (and, apparently, moving backwards, sigh).

6. Monkey_Feats

Power to people, they should be allowed to have a say ey. But if it's anything like the Kag forums and the admin protesters, ban them all. :rektlord:

Geti and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  7. FuzzyBlueBaron

http://www.innovationaus.com/2017/07/30b-NBN-blunder-More-bad-news/

If there are any fanboys still in denial about Turnbull selling out Australia's internet for the next quater of a century, you know where the door is. Go slam yourself on the head a few times before exiting via the nearest window; maybe it'll help with the brain damage.

#auspol

101i likes this.
  8. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

L U fucking L

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

Mods: BlueLuigi