1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG autconfig.cfg has a mind of it's own

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by J-man2003, Sep 29, 2015.

1. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

It's actually Linux with pUtty on Windows, but forums...

The title basically explains it figuratively, the autconfig.cfg reverts back to default after reboots sometimes at random and some of the variables will be removed, for example after sv_name reverted back to it's default state randomly I went into autoconfig.cfg to find sv_name nonexistent, luckily I made a backup of autoconfig.cfg. I have no idea why it's doing this.

Help?

2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

dont modify the autoconfig while the server is running, it wont save

Noburu, RadioActive and J-man2003 like this.
  3. Leo

Leo Haxor

True if you edit the actual file. It will save though if you use console and /rcon commands, if it restarts normally and doesn't crash that is.

makmoud98 and Mazey like this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

If you want to force save I believe /restartserver should do the trick (but will of course cause a restart - can be faster than killing the server, editing, and then re-upping the server though). We should think about some sort of /saveconfig :)

Noburu likes this.