1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B837 - Saturday Patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I actually wonder who picked you as a mod, because so far you do a terrible job at it and you are cringe worthy at the best.

Please tell me how my suggestions are terrible and please actually help to suggest something better instead of turning into a massive baby and not putting the right points, if my walls of text are annoying to you then get some glasses you knob.

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

>rek't
    23ez2pwnu
    gg no re

@LostPix: 1.) do actually edit your posts rather than giving alerts to people.
    2.) Hindering Water Combat in anyway is bad because it slows the game down to molasses. You've clearly never played a game with slowed down water combat if you think it's a good idea. You are also clearly not thinking ahead if you can't see any possible consequences for your suggestions
    • Let's just slow down everyone in water = LOL I PEW PEW U FROM MAI TOWAR! 2 EZ 2 HIT U LEL!
    • Let's limit how often you can attack in water with stamina = LOL I PEW PEW U FROM MAI TOWAR! 2 EZ 2 HIT U LEL!
    • Give Knights more Projectiles = Fix Projectile Spam with MORE projectile spam. OldLands.png, no respawn, Archers Only
    The only thing that you said that I'd consider a good idea would be something along the lines of not dying as often. Maybe just allow more health on people by a bit or decrease damage overall by a bit to give people a bit more survivability which would let the game still let the game allow fast combat and give you at least a bit of a margin for error.

edit: I made Ej a mod cause he's actually good at it. If you do have an issue with mods, feel free to PM an ADMIN. Any off topic dribble from here on will be deleted.

xChapx likes this.
  3. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Some of it was ideas and some other suggestions my bad no to point it out, but it's up to devs to pick what they think is the best Kouji.

I suggested a system of fatigue that does not hinder your ability to swim or does not make you drown but instead limits your ability to attack in water, which means no need for senseless fights. I'll expand further because I don't anybody coming up butthurt about it like Ej as a prime example of it, you will be able to attack shortly but later it will cause you to not attack as fast and deal as much damage, it should stop people from destroying your boats too fast too.

*Complaint about mods redacted*
    //EDIT by FBB: PM an admin about it or stick it in your ear. Either works fine, deary. Any more of it and I'll just delete your posts outright.

4. LostPix, don't take Ej making fun of your shitty suggestion personally. If anyone made a shitty suggestion he would make fun of it, because he is EJ, not because he is a shitty mod.

Water combat did get to a point where it was tolerable and improved the game by added an interesting mechanic but reverting to the former ways of slow water combat is bad.

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Look at how mad water is making everyone. The solution to water combat isn't to add stamina systems or better boats or whatever, the solution to stop having so much damn water. The vision of King Arthur's Gold is the construction of grand castles, the firing of siege machines on fortifications, the beautiful chaos of knights charge over the hill with arrows raining down all around... Instead 90% of the game is splashing around in puddles.

I mean water combat is actually tolerable now but it's still not as good as land combat and it's still really dumb.

PadaV4 and Bammboo like this.
  6. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Someone comes in with idea for solution and most people say it's shitty rather then expand on it to figure out better way to deal with certain issue that's how I find my relations on KAG forums. What else can be done, fatigue option goes away then, I agree now, swimming animations would be nice down the line, it's walking in water at this point. What about having boats immune to melee damage?

7. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Definitely a push in the right direction (in my opinion), with increasing skill cap in knights and allowing some good ol solo action to push forward without a builder. Best addition this patch.
    Double slash no longer feels useless and is a viable option when combating opponents and movement in and out of water is improving all the time.

@illu :flex: :bird: :flex:

@LostPix pls stahp :QQ:

8. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I just love spending uncountable hours on one round and have a fun stalemate. +:thumbs_up: for beta balance.
    I think the problem is people are to persuade by halls to stay at them and build defenses, this is why a conquest type gamemode(domination) doesn't work well with base building games like this(ace of spades has a similar problem.)
    Instead of easily ploping down barracks and tunnels they just have a hall. This reduces a players want to move up. Then only 2 or 3 guys run out and try to take the base why everyone makes defenses.

@map makers STOP making your halls so god dam far away from each other

9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I agree that halls should be closer to each other, but amgtree, can you please stop whining about the old WAR gamemode already? It wasn't all that fun. Only reason I liked it was because of the combat, now the metagame is actually fun as well.

Digger101 likes this.
  10. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Lookin' a little shocked there Monsteri ;)

On Topic: Water is fine as it is. Melee damage to boats should be nerfed or cut. Less water on maps and slightly closer halls.
    Done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.