1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B840 - New maps and Fixes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

No what I ment is above the ground there would be little stone deposits that would help make some wall, doors, and other things. If someone would want more they would dig a little tunnle(OH NO minecrafting :eek:) until they find stone and then there team could mine it for a while until they had to find another one

2. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Maybe the 'drill across the map' non-existent-problem could be solved by a couple of bedrock splotches here and there?

3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

We the builders have ways to get past the bedrock

4. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

What I meant was that Geti should put at least small bits and bobs in to the ground anything will be better than just pure dirt

5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

What about having a new block, like gravel block that takes longer to drill through or something like that, but gives no resource.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

For what it's worth the drill heats on dirt but not on materials - pure dirt is harder to drill through. This is to encourage using it for getting materials not tunneling. Furthermore that's one of MM's maps, not mine. You'll notice the difference in overall look if you check out some of the other pngs.

7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

People usually let some water flow in tunnels for cooldown while drilling the dirt tiles, then they remove the excess water with sponges, so it makes it little overpowered in this regard.

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Wouldn't be slowed much with a gravel tile doing that though, you still have infinite drilling. Iamaclay is correct that the only real way to divert them is with bedrock.
    We're thinking about toning down the cooling effect of water so it still overheats or just making it break after N tiles drilled, not sure how that'd go though. Overall tunneling is more of an issue on wider maps with big gaps between halls (-> loss of focus on older halls) than on maps with more focus. Either way I'll pass on the feedback re: that map to MM.

If anyone has any fly ideas re: terrain rape feel free to give them, we're getting a little tired of the fat pits that form. I've got a feeling its due to an overabundance of bombs getting tossed around but I dont really want that to change :/

Iamaclay and LostPix like this.
  9. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I ran into bugs regarding damage to blocks using explosive ammo on ballista or using catapult, stone doors and trap blocks absorb immense amount of damage, I took screenshot of the wall you can build that is pretty much siege proof, not totally proof but can withstand massive amount of punishment because door or trap block is not being damaged at all, I tested this in single player sandbox.

Note, just the wall in front, rocks from catapult simply bounce away from it and explosive ammo on ballista is ineffective.

[​IMG]

The only weak spot being a doorway if done right.

10. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

What if a person drills like 6-10 blocks of dirt with a drill it gets jammed and destroys it self?

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Can't find the mockup you made ages ago about this, but an idea from the past (2011 to be more precise): Dirt regenerates over time, with slightly randomized time span, also only regenerating if there is a dirt block next to the backwall tile. If the dirt backwall is replaced with another backwall type, it won't regenerate. Like so:

:dirt::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::blank: :dirt::dirt::dirt_bg:
    :dirt::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::right::dirt::dirt::dirt_bg:
    :dirt::castle_bg::castle_bg::blank: :dirt::castle_bg::castle_bg:

12. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Alright, thanks for the advice, I can probably set that up for testing my maps for now! Also you don't have to re-add it if you don't think it is worth it, it is mainly helpful for mapmakers testing their TDM maps and non-war/cth maps, or people who just wanna mess around! :P Either way it is up to you, I can live without!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.