1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B847 - Shark noms, Balance Tweaks, Map Changes, Installers and More!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 13, 2013.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

>_<

I dun care if you spoiler it, NKking; if you then proceed to include non-off-topic stuff in said spoiler then you may as well have not put the spoiler there in the first place.

I've fixed your post, but please think about how you spoiler in future. :huh?:

{edit}
    Also, your definition of spam is laughably narrow.

2. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

ok, thanks
    It was a definition only for forum types of spam.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Spam is anything that unnecessarily clogs up people's forum experience. Yes, spambots are part of that, but the majority of the spam you'll see on these forums (or not see, because the mods have deleted it already) is simply from other members not asking themselves a basic question before clicking "Post Reply".

The question?

"Is this post actually worth posting?"
    ----

Okay, now back on topic or I'll have to get my cranky pants on. PM me or post on my profile if you have more to say on this topic.

Oh, and for those wondering: despite it being off-topic I consider this little exchange worthwhile enough to leave here. Hopefully people will read and learn to THINK BEFORE POSTING!

4. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I know this is very late but this just came to my thought
    I suggest using that map and mabye even more similar maps to create a game mode in Downburst's competion.

5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

This update did something.

Pings are going WILD on every server. EVERY server. And every player is experiencing an increased amount of lag, teleporting and invisible slashes. Also, was the slash hitbox made smaller?

This update feels like an abomination so far. Please revert any changes you made to knight combat and networking code.

Guitarman and NKking like this.
  6. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

lol, everybody's ping is jumping about ~200 points every couple seconds - and like Monsteri said, there's crazy teleporting going on.

7. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator

There is some sort of way to dig bedrock with ladders.

screen-13-08-16-23-03-42.png screen-13-08-16-22-52-53.png

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Maybe you want to stop posting bugs here but go to the bug reports section?
    Thanks, I'd like less alerts with bug reports.

9. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Haha now you know how I feel all the time. Yes this is how the game is for me all the time

You're a little late to the party. This bug has been known long before they even came out with halls

10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Please tell me this means Archers are finally becoming more mobile than Knights.

I'm sick and tired of dying from falls that Knights just laugh at with metal parachutes.

11. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

I wonder what the change for archer is gonna be. Since it's gonna be shocking, it wouldn't just be movement speed. Perhaps more agility like something similar to shield sliding?

12. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Might be a mini-gun that will insta kill and shoots through walls. Oh I can't wait if it's that.

13. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

bst idea evr

amgtree likes this.
  14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'm looking into why/what would be happening with the net stuff because something is definitely screwy... We can't really patch without spending a lot of time splicing out archer and related changes for a hotfix though, sorry :/

15. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Ah well we'll tough it out. If you're in a server with a good ping for you it's still playable and I've found only later in the game or when +12 people joined did things start teleporting and shit. Anyway, keep it up, I'm keen to see what changes you have in mind Geti ;)

16. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

We really need to get to optimizing the server so that there will be less lag ; when I play on a hosted server in my region with 0-33ping. This happens when too much activity happens on the server it just lags alot
    eg. when fighting 4knights vs 4knights

But then when I die and spawn there is no lag :/,think we really need to get this fixed asap.

LostPix likes this.
  17. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Does this lag also introduced this weird sliding after being stunned?

18. Boea

Boea Such Beta

In all seriousness, knights are already faster than archers with or without aiming, because of sliding and slashing, and shields are immune to the supposed "stun w/ full charged arrow".

19. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I really hope some of these issues get taken care of soon, though I can probably record without them being fixed I really need to get the last bits of footage for my KAG trailer! D:

20. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

I just hope that the archer aiming animations are getting polished as we had discussed previously on a seperate thread.